DocMorris: Introducing DocMorris Adipositas Care (Obesity Care), a digital hub empowering people with obesity to find relevant care for a better quality of life
The Novo Nordisk and Zur Rose Group collaboration presents DocMorris Adipositas Care, a digital hub which provides people living with obesity a new way to find the right care. Adipositas Care thoughtfully empowers people living with obesity by enabling them to learn about obesity and discover possible care solutions, to link to specialized advisors, doctors and digital solutions in obesity care, and by supporting them with the testimonials of peers who took action to better manage their health, all within one digital location. The program launches today in Germany with the intention to expand across other European markets.
(Berlin, Germany): – In January, Zur Rose Group announced its partnership with Novo Nordisk to raise awareness of obesity and to improve access to the right information, diagnosis and care for people living with this condition. Obesity (BMI >30) is a disease that affects a quarter of the adult German population (23% of men and 24% of women)1, a segment of the population at increased risk for many other serious diseases and health conditions like diabetes, cardiovascular diseases and musculoskeletal disorders2. To reduce the risk of health complications and improve their quality of life, people living with obesity share a need to reduce their weight, address the mental health implications of the disease and cope with the social stigmas associated to their condition. Today, the collaboration starts with the new web-based health experience and individual-relevant Hub: Adipositas Care supported by an insights-based obesity awareness campaign for people living with obesity.
“Thanks to our collaboration with Novo Nordisk, today marks the beginning of a new era for people living with obesity” says Betül Susamis Unaran, Chief Strategy and Digital Officer of the Zur Rose Group. “The new obesity health journey empowers people living with the condition by bringing forward a new way for them to access best possible care solutions, enabling them to get informed about their disease and linking them to online and offline specialized doctors and advisors in obesity care. The launch of this new health experience is a critical step in bringing Zur Rose Group’s ecosystem vision to life: in creating a world where everyone can manage their health in one click.”
Creating a new, individual relevant health experience
DocMorris Adipositas Care puts people with obesity in the center of the experience by addressing their key concerns. The hub release today is the first product version that will continue to be developed and improved over the next months. Features of the launch release include:
- Education that addresses weight loss, mental health, obesity stigmas and empowers people with obesity to take better healthcare decisions: The hub supports people with obesity to better understand their condition, the reasons behind their difficulty in losing and maintaining weight as well as the potential causes of obesity.
- Support on how to get started and ways to address top concerns: Guided by their most common concerns, the hub supports people living with obesity to access relevant content, treatment options adopted by peers and links to medical help and counseling.
- Discovery of best possible treatment options for this chronic condition: Many people living with obesity have tried various approaches to manage their weight and associated challenges. The hub enables them to discover possible treatment options such as medication, digital therapeutics and surgery provided by specialized healthcare professionals in obesity care.
- Link to specialized doctors and advisors in obesity: The hub enables access to specialized doctors online via a dedicated section at TeleClinic, Germany`s leading provider of telemedicine, and offline doctors and advisors via adipositas-spezialisten.de a tool to locate healthcare practitioners with obesity expertise in Germany.
A key step forward for the DocMorris European healthcare ecosystem
The DocMorris Adipositas Care hub anchors in the strategic expansion of the DocMorris brand – from pharmaceuticals to a consumer-centric digital healthcare platform, as the umbrella brand for the Zur Rose Group's European healthcare ecosystem.The new DocMorris Adipositas Care hub reflects Zur Rose Group’s vision of creating a world where everyone can get convenient access to health – anytime, anywhere, just one click away.
Experience DocMorris Adipositas Care here: www.docmorriscare.com/adipositas
 RKI DEGS 1 Study 2012. Available from:
 World Health Organization 2020, Obesity and overweight, United Nations. Available from: https://www.who.int/news-room/fact-sheets/detail/obesity-and-overweight [January 2021]
Segment Germany of the Zur Rose Group:
Torben Bonnke, Director Communication & PR
Email: firstname.lastname@example.org, phone +49 30 21222 36 12
eHealth ecosystem contact
Betül Susamis Unaran, Chief Strategy and Digital Officer
Email: email@example.com, phone +41 79 834 41 40
About news aktuell GmbH
As wholly owned subsidiary of dpa, news aktuell provides business and organizations with effective access to media and consumers. Via the smart tools ots and zimpel, PR content accesses all media formats, including classical print, high click-rate online portals and social networks. In addition, news aktuell publishes all its customers’ PR content on www.presseportal.de, one of the PR portals with the greatest reach in Germany. By this means, all the relevant multipliers are reached globally, from editors, via digital influencers right up to specialist bloggers and interested consumers. news aktuell has been on the market since 1989. The company, with a staff complement of more than 135, has its headquarters in Hamburg. Other offices are in Berlin, Dusseldorf, Frankfurt und Munich.
Subscribe to releases from news aktuell GmbH
Subscribe to all the latest releases from news aktuell GmbH by registering your e-mail address below. You can unsubscribe at any time.
Latest releases from news aktuell GmbH
Grünenthal Group: Grünenthal acquires Mestex AG and its Phase-III-ready investigational medicine MTX-071 for the treatment of pain associated with osteoarthritis of the knee12.4.2021 11:47:13 CEST | Press release
With the acquisition of Mestex AG, Grünenthal secures global rights for an attractive late-stage asset that could offer an innovative therapy option for millions of patients affected by pain related to osteoarthritis of the knee. MTX-071 (resiniferatoxin) is a highly potent Transient Receptor Potential Vanilloid 1 (TRPV1) agonist. Its administration can reversibly defunctionalise TRPV1-expressing nociceptors. This can result in long lasting pain relief. (Aachen, Germany) –Today, Grünenthal has announced the acquisition of Mestex AG through the takeover of all of its shares and options. Mestex AG is a Swiss biotech company that has developed the innovative investigational medicine MTX-071 (resiniferatoxin) for the intra-articular treatment of pain associated with osteoarthritis of the knee. The investigational medicine is currently concluding Phase II of clinical development and is about to enter Phase III. Initial data showed a long-lasting and significant analgesic effect and function
Fluxergy, Inc. Receives CE-IVD Marking for a One-Hour COVID-19 RT-PCR Test and Positions for European Market Entry12.4.2021 09:00:00 CEST | Press release
IRVINE, CA., April 12, 2021 – Fluxergy, Inc., a medical diagnostic testing platform company with a detection technology solution capable of multimodality, announced today that it has obtained CE marking for its one-hour COVID-19 RT-PCR test, to use by healthcare professionals as an in vitro diagnostic (IVD) for the detection of SARS-CoV-2. The CE-mark will allow Fluxergy’s innovative testing platform to enter the European Union market and any other markets that accept CE-marking as valid regulatory approval. Fluxergy’s platform is an automated, sample-to-answer testing platform with multimodal capability allowing for a variety of assay types, such as molecular, immunochemistry, chemistry, and cytometry assays, to be run simultaneously on the same cartridge. This will give users the ability to run unique Point-of-Care (PoC) panels with the potential ability to do built-in reflex testing, among other capabilities. Potential environments for rapid testing applications include emergency ro
Avonisys AG: Avonisys AG wins patent litigation case against Synova SA7.4.2021 15:36:04 CEST | Press release
Swiss Federal Patent Court rules in favour of Avonisys AG in all relevant aspects and convicts Synova SA under the unfair competition act:
Grunenthal Group: Grünenthal is Recognized for its Strong Management of Environmental, Social and Governance (ESG) Risks7.4.2021 11:39:12 CEST | Press release
• Leading global ESG ratings agency Sustainalytics notes Grünenthal is in the top five percent among its peers in the pharmaceutical subindustry • Grünenthal is categorized as “medium risk”, placing it ahead of its key subindustry peers and in the same league as multinational companies like Pfizer and Roche (Aachen, Germany): Grünenthal, a global science-based pharmaceutical company, today announced that Sustainalytics, a Morningstar company and a globally-recognized provider of ESG research, ratings and data, has assessed it as having overall medium ESG risk. In addition, Sustainalytics acknowledged that Grünenthal has a strong management of its ESG risks. This places Grünenthal in the top five percent of the global pharmaceuticals subsector. “The long-term success of companies can no longer be measured by financial success alone. As a science-based company, Grünenthal strives to make a net-positive impact on the society,” said Gabriel Baertschi, CEO Grünenthal. “While we are proud to
Path2Integrity: MORE THAN 200 STUDENTS FROM ACROSS EUROPE TACKLE FAKE NEWS7.4.2021 09:54:12 CEST | Press release
A Europe-wide workshop on Fake News with Rainer Wieland, Vice-President of the European Parliament aims to identify reliable information and encourage responsible action.
MTIP AG: MTIP Announces Strong First Closing of Fund II to drive Healthtech Innovation 1.4.2021 09:00:00 CEST | Press release
MTIP AG, a Basel-based private equity firm that invests in healthtech companies, is pleased to announce that it has completed the first closing of its Fund II. The growth capital fund secured EUR 130m and is well on track towards the target fund size of EUR 200m.
In our pressroom you can read all our latest releases, find our press contacts, images, documents and other relevant information about us.Visit our pressroom