Better Collective reports record revenue; strong growth in US business and media partnerships
Regulatory Release no. 27/2021
August 24, 2021
Interim report January 1 - June 30, 2021
Highlights second quarter 2021
- Q2 Group revenue grew by 162% to 40,009 tEUR (Q2 2020: 15,253 tEUR). Organic revenue growth was 47%.
- The US business performed strongly, even before inclusion of Action Network, by recording NDC performance and revenue on par with a strong Q1 2021, despite Q2 being low season.
- Q2 Group EBITDA before special items increased 90% to 12,662 tEUR (Q2 2020: 6,672 tEUR). The EBITDA-margin before special items was 32% (Publishing segment 43% and Paid Media segment 11%).
- Special items include cost related to the acquisition of Action Network of 5.3 mEUR.
- Cash Flow from operations before special items was 11,069 tEUR (Q2 2020: 10,363 tEUR), an increase of 7%. The cash conversion was 93% following a 121% conversion rate in Q1. End of Q2, capital reserves stood at 69 mEUR including cash of 40 mEUR and unused bank credit facilities of 29 mEUR.
- New Depositing Customers (NDCs) were 197,000 in the quarter with an implied growth of 179%, establishing a new quarterly record.
- Media partnerships saw breakthrough performance delivering more than 38,000 NDCs. Three new media partnerships were signed.
- Earn-out payments of 1.2 mEUR in cash and 0.9 mEUR in shares were made in relation to the 2020-acquisition of HLTV and its achievement of pre-agreed financial performance.
- At the AGM, Therese Hillman, CEO of NOD and former Group CEO of NetEnt, was elected to the board of directors.
- Better Collective acquired leading US sports betting media platform, Action Network, for 196 mEUR (240 mUSD), gaining market leadership within sports betting media in the US.
- Better Collective resolved on a directed share issue of 6.9 million shares, raising proceeds of 145 mEUR to maintain financial flexibility.
- For the fourth consecutive year, Better Collective topped the prestigious EGR Global’s Power Affiliates 2021 ranking.
Financial highlights first six months 2021
- In the first half of 2021, revenue grew by 118% to 78,845 tEUR (YTD 2020: 36,174 tEUR).
- In the first half of 2021, EBITDA before special items increased 64% to 25,855 tEUR (YTD 2020: 15,718 tEUR). The EBITDA-margin before special items was 33%.
- Cash Flow from operations before special items was 27,171 tEUR (YTD 2020: 19,814 tEUR), an increase of 37%. The cash conversion rate before special items was 107%. At the end of Q2 2021, cash and unused credit facilities amounted to 69 mEUR.
- New Depositing Customers (NDCs) exceeded 371,000 in the first half year (growth of 99%).
Significant events after the closure of the period
- July revenue reached 12.4 mEUR, more than double of July 2020, with an organic growth of 13%. July 2021 revenue was negatively impacted by an extraordinarily low sports win margin, especially in connection with the finalisation of EURO2020. This should be seen in the light of a comparison month of July 2020, which was positively impacted by the rescheduling of sports events due to COVID-19 and an above average sports win margin.
The full-year financial targets remain unchanged.
Jesper Søgaard, Co-founder & CEO of Better Collective, commented:
“Q2 marks yet a record quarter in terms of revenue and NDCs delivered to our partners. At the same time, we continue to record strong profitability and cash flows. The strong performance is especially driven by the US business, and by our media partnerships that saw breakthrough performance during Q2. The peak of the quarter was the closing of our largest acquisition to date, Action Network, which is a game changer and consolidates our leading sports betting media position in the US”
A telephone conference will be held at 10.00 a.m. CET today by CEO Jesper Søgaard and CFO Flemming Pedersen. The presentation will simultaneously be webcasted, and both the telephone conference and the webcast offer an opportunity to ask questions.
Dial in details for participants
Confirmation Code: 7994289
Denmark: +45 32 72 04 17
Sweden: +46 (0)8 56618467
United Kingdom: +44 (0)8444819752
Enquiries regarding this announcement should be addressed to
Investor contact: Christina Bastius Thomsen, +45 2363 8844, firstname.lastname@example.org
Media contact: Morten Kalum, +45 2349 1009, email@example.com
This information is such information as Better Collective A/S is obliged to make public pursuant to the EU Market Abuse Regulation. The information was submitted for publication, through the agency of the contact person set out above on May 12, 2021 at 8.00 am CET.
About Better Collective
Better Collective is a global sports betting media group providing platforms that empower and enhance the betting experience for sports fans and iGamers. Aiming to make betting and gambling more entertaining, transparent and fair, Better Collective offers a range of editorial content, bookmaker information, data insights, betting tips, iGaming communities and educational tools. Its portfolio of platforms include bettingexpert.com, VegasInsider.com, HLTV.org and Action Network. Better Collective is headquartered in Copenhagen, Denmark, and listed on Nasdaq Stockholm (BETCO). More information at bettercollective.com.
AttachmentsTo view this piece of content from www.globenewswire.com, please give your consent at the top of this page.
To view this piece of content from ml-eu.globenewswire.com, please give your consent at the top of this page.
One Liberty Plaza - 165 Broadway
NY 10006 New York
GlobeNewswire is one of the world's largest newswire distribution networks, specializing in the delivery of corporate press releases financial disclosures and multimedia content to the media, investment community, individual investors and the general public.
Subscribe to releases from GlobeNewswire
Subscribe to all the latest releases from GlobeNewswire by registering your e-mail address below. You can unsubscribe at any time.
Latest releases from GlobeNewswire
Jotul Holdings SA to redeem its outstanding up to NOK 400,000,000 senior secured floating rate bonds with ISIN NO001081574928.9.2021 22:25:00 CEST | Press release
Jotul Holdings SA hereby announces that its up to NOK 400,000,000 senior secured floating rate bonds with ISIN NO0010815749 (the "Bonds") will be redeemed in advance in accordance with Clause 9.3 (Voluntary total redemption (call option)) of the terms and conditions of the Bonds. The redemption date will be 25 October 2021. The redemption amount for each Bond shall be 100.00 per cent. of the nominal amount, plus accrued but unpaid interest up to, but excluding, the applicable redemption date. The redemption amount will be paid to the bondholders holding Bonds on the applicable record date (being 21 October 2021). Jotul Holdings SA's obligation to redeem the Bonds on the redemption date is conditional upon Jøtul AS, prior to the applicable record date, issuing senior secured floating rate bonds (the "New Bonds") and Jøtul AS fulfilling the conditions precedent for disbursement of the net proceeds from the issue of the New Bonds, which are, among other things, to be applied towards (i) f
Inventiva announces participation at several investor conferences in October 202128.9.2021 22:00:00 CEST | Press release
Daix (France), Long Island City (New York, United States), September 28, 2021 – Inventiva (Euronext Paris and Nasdaq: IVA), a clinical-stage biopharmaceutical company focused on the development of oral small molecule therapies for the treatment of non-alcoholic steatohepatitis (NASH), mucopolysaccharidoses (MPS) and other diseases with significant unmet medical need, today announced that the Company’s leadership will participate in three upcoming investor conferences in October 2021. The event details are as follows: Conference n°1: HealthTech Innovation Days 2021 Event type: One-on-one investor meetings Date: Monday-Tuesday, October 4-5, 2021 Time: 3:00 am – 12:00 pm (ET) / 9:00 am – 6:00 pm (CET) Format: Hybrid event Conference n°2: Portzamparc Health Biotech Seminar Event type: One-on-one investor meetings Date: Wednesday, October 6, 2021 Time: 3:00 am – 12:15 pm (ET) / 9:00 am – 6:15 pm (CET) Format: Hybrid event Conference n°3: H.C. Wainwright 5th Annual NASH Investor Conference E
Avance Gas Holding Ltd enter into three Time Charter Agreements28.9.2021 18:30:00 CEST | Press release
Bermuda, 28 September 2021 – Avance Gas Holding Ltd (“AGAS” or the “Company”) is pleased to announce that we have entered into three Time Charter Agreements for a period of 2 years at an average hire level of approximately $30,000 per day net to owners for the 2008-built VLGC Iris Glory and Venus Glory and the 2009-built VLGC Promise. The vessels are delivered in September and October 2021. For further queries, please contact: Kristian Sørensen, CEO Tel: +47 22 00 48 10 Email: firstname.lastname@example.org Randi Navdal Bekkelund, CFO Tel: +47 22 00 48 29 Email: email@example.com About Avance Gas: Avance Gas operates in the global market for transportation of liquefied petroleum gas (LPG). The Company is one of the world's leading owners and operators of very large gas carrier (VLGC) and operates a fleet of thirteen modern ships and six Dual Fuel LPG newbuildings due for delivery in Q4 2021, Q1 2022, Q4 2022 and Q1-Q4 2023. For more information about Avance Gas, please visit
Phoenix Software Delivers First Enhancement to JES3 Technology in Six Years with JES3plus® V1R128.9.2021 18:00:00 CEST | Press release
Phoenix Software released updates to its product line in September 2021 EL SEGUNDO, Calif., Sept. 28, 2021 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) -- Phoenix Software International, Inc., today announced the general availability of JES3plus V1R1, a derivative work based on IBM’s z/OS® JES3. This release integrates SPOOL I/O performance enhancements made available to JES3plus customers through continuous delivery earlier this year. This is the first release of the JES3 technology to contain enhancements since early 2015 and coincides with z/OS 2.5, the last release of z/OS to include JES3. Organizations looking to remain on this technology who migrate to JES3plus can now reap the benefits of an enhanced product with a roadmap for future development. JES3plus V1R1 JES3plus V1R1 supports two newer channel programming techniques to improve performance: ACKD – channel programs with a shortened prefix that can process an entire track instead of one record at a time. This enhancement leverages MIDAW support.zHPF –
Roman Sonderegger named new CEO of Schweiter Technologies28.9.2021 18:00:00 CEST | Press release
Ad hoc announcement pursuant to Art. 53 LR Steinhausen, 28 September 2021 – The Board of Directors of Schweiter Technologies AG has appointed Roman Sonderegger as the new CEO of the Schweiter Technologies Group. The 45-year-old Swiss citizen is currently Head of Business Unit Wheat & Rye at the Bühler Group and will take up his new position on 1 May 2022, succeeding Heinz Baumgartner, who will continue to lead the Group until his departure as previously announced. Heinz Baumgartner has been with Schweiter Technologies since 1996 and CEO of the Group since 2008. Under his leadership, the company has adopted a new strategic focus on the composites business and continued to develop through organic growth and acquisitions. In connection with the planned change in senior management, he will leave his role as CEO, at his own request, in 2022 once the familiarization period of his successor has been completed, but will remain a member of the Board of Directors. The Board of Directors would li
LIDDS patent covering the NanoZolid® production process granted in Russia and Australia28.9.2021 16:00:00 CEST | Press release
UPPSALA, SWEDEN – LIDDS AB (publ) announces today that its most recent patent family on the NanoZolid® production process, and hence achieved pharmaceutical products, has been granted in Russia and Australia. The patent provides protection until 2037 in these markets. “This patent is central to LIDDS and significantly broadens our patent protection. The product aspect of the patent improves the ability to detect infringement and it further strengthens our already strong IP portfolio. The decision from the patent authorities in Russia and Australia gives us important protection for our production process, and hence the pharmaceutical products that we derive from this process,” said Nina Herne, CEO of LIDDS. Recently, LIDDS has received patent approvals in Russia (patent no. 275334) and Australia (patent no. 201734489). The invention covering process and products based on the NanoZolid® technology provides protection until 2037. Furthermore, the patent protects all pharmaceutical product
CorelDRAW Introduces Valuable Subscriber Updates & New CorelDRAW Technical Suite, Completing its 2021 Professional Graphics Lineup28.9.2021 15:32:18 CEST | Press release
CorelDRAW Graphics Suite subscribers get integrated access to Google Fonts library, dynamic asset management and collaboration workflow enhancements, enabling designers to maximize their creativity while remaining connected. Latest version of CorelDRAW Technical Suite simplifies technical graphics workflows with advanced tools that accelerate productivity and deliver precise results. OTTAWA, Sept. 28, 2021 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) -- Corel extends its CorelDRAW® 2021 professional product family with new subscriber-exclusive updates for CorelDRAW Graphics Suite 2021 and unveils CorelDRAW Technical Suite 2021, the newest edition of its comprehensive software collection for high-impact technical design and documentation. Whether they choose CorelDRAW® Graphics Suite or CorelDRAW® Technical Suite, subscribers can now enjoy a more flexible way to stay up to date with productivity-boosting dynamic asset management and collaboration workflow enhancements, additional fonts, creative templates and more