Bavarian Nordic Announces Interim Results for the First Three Months of 2022
COPENHAGEN, Denmark, May 9, 2022 – Bavarian Nordic A/S (OMX: BAVA) announced today its interim financial results and business progress for the first three months of 2022.
Paul Chaplin, President & Chief Executive Officer of Bavarian Nordic said: “We have reported strong progress in our pipeline during the first quarter with additional Phase 2 results for our COVID-19 vaccine candidate, confirming its potential as a universal booster vaccine and we look forward to initiating the Phase 3 trial later this year. Furthermore, our RSV program was granted a Breakthrough Therapy Designation by the FDA, underlining the importance of the development of a vaccine to fulfil this high unmet medical need and to that end we initiated a Phase 3 program that will read out next year. In line with our RSV commercialization strategy, we were also pleased to enter a license and supply agreement covering selected Asian markets for RSV. Our rabies business demonstrated a stronger than expected performance in both US and Germany that off sets a slower than expected start of the TBE market during Q1. Based on current financial performance and current assessment of uncertainties and risks we maintain our full year financial guidance on revenue, EBITDA and cash.”
Financial highlights from the first quarter
- Revenue was DKK 320 million comprised of DKK 230 million from product sales, DKK 83 million in milestone payments from our RSV partner Nuance Pharma and DKK 7 million from contract work.
- EBITDA was a loss of DKK 94 million.
- Strong cash position of DKK 2,947 million at end of the period
- Financial guidance for the full year is maintained at revenues between DKK 1,100 and 1,400 million, EBITDA with a loss between DKK -1,300 and -1,000 million and cash and cash equivalents at year-end unchanged between DKK 1,000 and 1,200 million.
|DKK million||Q1 2022||Q1 2021||2022 Guidance|
|Revenue||320||535||1,100 – 1,400|
|EBITDA||(94)||1||(1,300) – (1,000)|
|Cash and cash equivalents||2,947*||2,589||1,000 – 1,200|
* Repo pledged securities deducted.
- In January, Bavarian Nordic announced the appointment of Russell Thirsk as new EVP and Chief Operating Officer to replace Henrik Birk, who has chosen to seek challenges outside Bavarian Nordic. Mr. Thirsk joined Bavarian Nordic in April from GSK, where he served as Head of Operations at GSK Vaccines in Belgium.
- In February, the U.S. Food and Drug Administration (FDA) granted a Breakthrough Therapy Designation for the Company’s vaccine candidate, MVA-BN® RSV, for the prevention of respiratory syncytial virus (RSV) in older adults. A Breakthrough Therapy Designation is designed to expedite the development and regulatory review of medicines that are intended to treat a serious condition.
- In February, Bavarian Nordic announced additional results from the Phase 2 trial of its COVID-19 booster vaccine candidate, ABNCoV2. The results confirmed the ability of ABNCoV2 to boost neutralizing antibodies to levels reported to be highly efficacious (>90%) against SARS-CoV-21 both when used for primary vaccination and when used as a booster in subjects previously vaccinated with mRNA or Adeno-based vaccines.
- In March, Bavarian Nordic entered into a license and supply agreement with Nuance Pharma on the development and commercialization of MVA-BN RSV for adults in China and selected Asian markets. Under the terms of the agreement, Bavarian Nordic could receive up to USD 225 million in upfront and milestone payments in addition to tiered, double-digit royalties. Nuance Pharma obtains rights to commercialize MVA-BN RSV in Chinese Mainland, Hong Kong, Macau, Taiwan, South Korea and Southeast Asia and will be responsible for all material costs, including development and regulatory.
Events after the reporting date
- In April, Bavarian Nordic initiated a global Phase 3 clinical trial of MVA-BN RSV against RSV in older adults. The Phase 3 trial is planned to enroll approximately 20,000 adults, aged 60 years or older across approximately 115 sites in the U.S. and Germany. The trial is designed to run through the RSV season 2022/2023 with topline results expected mid 2023, if the pre-defined number of lower-respiratory tract disease events has occurred.
- In May, Bavarian Nordic reported additional Phase 2 results for ABNCoV2, demonstrating that vaccination with ABNCoV2 induced a significant boost to the neutralizing antibodies against the Omicron variant in the majority of subjects (87%), who were previously vaccinated with approved mRNA or adenoviral vaccines. Neutralizing antibodies reached levels reported to be associated with a high level of protection (>90%).
Conference call and webcast
The management of Bavarian Nordic will host a conference call today at 2 pm CET (8 am ET) to present the interim results followed by a Q&A session. A listen-only version of the call can be accessed via https://www.bavarian-nordic.com/investor/events.aspx?event=6388. To join the Q&A session, use one of the following dial-in numbers: Denmark: +45 32 72 04 17, UK: +44 (0) 844 481 9752, USA: +1 646-741-3167. Participant code is 7179801.
Europe: Rolf Sass Sørensen, Vice President Investor Relations, Tel: +45 61 77 47 43
US: Graham Morrell, Paddock Circle Advisors, firstname.lastname@example.org, Tel: +1 781 686 9600
Company Announcement no. 15 / 2022
About Bavarian Nordic
Bavarian Nordic is a fully integrated vaccines company listed on the NASDAQ Copenhagen exchange and with operations in Europe and the USA. Our mission is to save and improve lives by unlocking the power of the immune system and we aspire to become one of the largest pure play vaccine companies by developing innovative life-saving vaccines, excelling in commercialization and being a best-in-class vaccine manufacturer. We are a global leader in smallpox vaccines and have been a long-term supplier to the U.S. Government of a non-replicating smallpox vaccine, which has been approved by the FDA, also for the protection against monkeypox. The vaccine is approved as a smallpox vaccine in Europe and Canada. Our commercial product portfolio furthermore contains market-leading vaccines against rabies and tick-borne encephalitis. Using our live virus vaccine platform technology, MVA-BN®, we have created a diverse portfolio of proprietary and partnered product candidates, including an Ebola vaccine, which is licensed to the Janssen Pharmaceutical Companies of Johnson & Johnson. We are also committed to the development of a next-generation COVID-19 vaccine and a vaccine against respiratory syncytial virus (RSV), which are both entering Phase 3 clinical trials in 2022. For more information visit www.bavarian-nordic.com.
This announcement includes forward-looking statements that involve risks, uncertainties and other factors, many of which are outside of our control, that could cause actual results to differ materially from the results discussed in the forward-looking statements. Forward-looking statements include statements concerning our plans, objectives, goals, future events, performance and/or other information that is not historical information. All such forward-looking statements are expressly qualified by these cautionary statements and any other cautionary statements which may accompany the forward-looking statements. We undertake no obligation to publicly update or revise forward-looking statements to reflect subsequent events or circumstances after the date made, except as required by law.
1 P. B. Gilbert et al., Science 10.1126/science.abm3425 (2021)
AttachmentTo view this piece of content from www.globenewswire.com, please give your consent at the top of this page.
To view this piece of content from ml-eu.globenewswire.com, please give your consent at the top of this page.
About GlobeNewswire by notified
One Liberty Plaza - 165 Broadway
NY 10006 New York
GlobeNewswire by notified is one of the world's largest newswire distribution networks, specializing in the delivery of corporate press releases financial disclosures and multimedia content to the media, investment community, individual investors and the general public.
Subscribe to releases from GlobeNewswire by notified
Subscribe to all the latest releases from GlobeNewswire by notified by registering your e-mail address below. You can unsubscribe at any time.
Latest releases from GlobeNewswire by notified
Media Advisory: Bombardier to Host Special Celebration at the European Business Aviation Conference and Exhibition in Geneva20.5.2022 23:30:00 CEST | Press release
GENEVA, May 20, 2022 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) -- Bombardier will host a special live and virtual event at the European Business Aviation Convention and Exhibition (EBACE) in Geneva on Monday, May 23, 2022. The event, led by Éric Martel, President and CEO, Bombardier, will highlight the continued ingenuity, innovation and leadership that is an integral part of Bombardier’s DNA. Date:Monday, May 23, 2022Time:11:00 a.m. – 11:45 a.m. (Central European Time) 5:00 a.m. – 5:45 a.m. (Eastern Time; North America)Venue:Geneva Palexpo Route François-Peyrot 30, 1218 Le Grand-Saconnex, Switzerland Bombardier Booth Z117 For those unable to attend in person, the event will also be available live on LinkedIn and Facebook at the following links: LinkedIn Event: https://www.linkedin.com/events/anewerabegins-unenouvelle-recom6931966844190781440/ Facebook Event:https://fb.me/e/1TJdkC7rS YouTube Event:https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DdotViyJROc About Bombardier Bombardier is a global leader in aviation, focused on
EVS Q1 2022 Business Update – Continued Strong Momentum20.5.2022 17:45:00 CEST | Press release
EVS Q1 2022 BUSINESS UPDATE – CONTINUED STRONG MOMENTUM Liège, Belgium, May 20, 2022 EVS, global leader in live video technology for broadcast and new media productions, today announces its business update for the first quarter ending 31 March 2022. HIGHLIGHTS The secured revenue* at end of March 2022 is at EUR 91,0 million Secured revenue excluding Big Event Rental is at EUR 81.8 million versus EUR 54.1 million at the same date last year, a growth of +51,2%Secured revenue for Big Event Rental is set at EUR 9.2 millionOrder intake for 2022 demonstrating important wins across the worldMediaInfra performance underlining success of past acquisition (Axon)Gross margin evolves according to expectations and operational expenses remain in line with the full year guidance set forward *secured revenue, formally reported as booked revenue, includes the already recognized revenue as well as open orders on hand that will be recognized as revenue in 2022 COMMENTS Serge Van Herck, CEO comments the b
Cool Company Ltd. – Mandatory Notification Of Trade20.5.2022 16:27:38 CEST | Press release
EPS Ventures Ltd., close associate of Cyril Ducau, Chair of the Board of Cool Company Ltd. (the “Company”), has on 16 May 2022 acquired 15,028 shares and on 19 May 2022 acquired 1,394 shares in the Company at a price of NOK 88.00 per share. Following the transaction, EPS Ventures Ltd. holds a total of 15,054,841 shares in the Company, equivalent to 37.63% of the Company’s shares. Please see attached notification form in accordance with the Market Abuse Regulation article 19. This information is subject to the disclosure requirements pursuant to section 5-12 of the Norwegian Securities Trading Act. Attachment Primary insider notification forms
CONDITIONS FOR RIKSBANK REVERSED AUCTIONS SEK MUNICIPAL BONDS20.5.2022 16:20:00 CEST | Press release
Anbudsförfarande kommuner och regioner, 2022-05-24BondsFixed rate notes issued in SEK by Municipalities or Regions with maturity in: 2025 The following issuers are accepted for delivery: JÖNKÖPINGS KOMMUN SKÅNE LÄNS LANDSTING NACKA KOMMUN VELLINGE KOMMUN VÄSTERÅS KOMMUN HUDDINGE KOMMUN BORÅS KOMMUN HELSINGBORGS KOMMUN STOCKHOLMS LÄNS LANDSTING STOCKHOLMS KOMMUN GÖTEBORGS KOMMUN MALMÖ KOMMUN Delivery may not be made in Bonds purchased by the Counterparty from the issuer less than one week prior to the date for announcing the Specific terms, i.e. the purchase may not have been made after: 2022-05-13BidsBids are made to tel 08-696 69 70 and confirmed in writing by a filled-in Bid form by e-mail to EOL@riksbank.se Bid date2022-05-24Bid times10.00-11.00 (CET/CEST) on the Bid dateRequested volume (corresponding nominal amount)SEK 500 +/- 500 millionHighest permitted bid volume (corresponding nominal amount)The total bid volume from one Counterparty for the two Credit rating classes may not e
CONDITIONS FOR RIKSBANK REVERSED AUCTIONS SEK GOVERNMENT BONDS20.5.2022 16:20:00 CEST | Press release
Bid procedure, 2022-05-27BondsSWEDISH GOVERNMENT: 1056. SE0004517290. 2032-06-01 SWEDISH GOVERNMENT: 1059, SE0007125927, 2026-11-12 Bid date2022-05-27Bid times09.00-10.00 (CET/CEST) on the Bid dateRequested volume (corresponding nominal amount)1056: 750 mln SEK +/-400 mln SEK 1059: 750 mln SEK +/-400 mln SEK Highest permitted bid volume (corresponding nominal amount)1056: 750 mln SEK per bid 1059: 750 mln SEK per bid Lowest permitted bid volume (corresponding nominal amount)SEK 50 million per bidExpected allocation timeNot later than 10.15 (CET/CEST) on the Bid dateDelivery and payment date2022-05-31Delivery of bondsTo the Riksbank's account in Euroclear Sweden AB's securities settlement system 1 4948 6383 Stockholm, 2022-05-20 This is a translation of the special terms and conditions published on www.riksbank.se. In the case of any inconsistency between the English translation and the Swedish language version, the Swedish language version shall prevail. Complete terms and conditions c