Azrieli Group Releases Q1/2023 Results
NOI in Q1 is up 15% year-over-year, totaling some NIS 525 million
Same Property NOI in Q1 is up around 9%
FFO (excluding senior housing) in Q1 is up 8% totaling some NIS 335 million. Total FFO is up 4% at around NIS 350 million
Financial Highlights for Q1/2023
- NOIin Q1 totaled some NIS 525 million, up around 15% year-over-year. The increase mainly derives from the acquisition of Mall Hayam together with rent increases in malls, offices and data centers.
- Same Property NOI was up around 9% in Q1.
- FFO excluding senior housing totaled some NIS 335 million in Q1 compared with around NIS 310 million year-over-year, up some 8%. In Q1, the total FFO was approx. NIS 350 million, compared with around NIS 337 million year-over-year, up some 4%.
- Net profit attributable to the shareholders totaled approx. NIS 377 million in Q1 compared with around NIS 336 million year-over-year. Comprehensive income totaled some NIS 330 million in Q1 compared with around NIS 484 million year-over-year.
TEL AVIV, Israel, May 24, 2023 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) -- Eyal Henkin, CEO of Azrieli Group, said:
“We are closing another quarter with continued growth in all parameters. The Group’s operations in the malls and offices segments are continuing to present good growth and high occupancy rates. The data centers operations are continuing to gain momentum, and its contribution to the business is growing. During the quarter, the Company reported two significant transactions in the segment. Recently we also announced the expansion of our operations in the long-term rental housing segment with our winning a tender for the construction of a long-term rental housing project in the desirable and developing Glil Yam neighborhood in Herzliya. We intend to develop a high-quality premium product that offers services similar to the standard offered in the U.S. and to become a significant player in the segment. In the hospitality segment we recently acquired the Red Rock Hotel in Eilat, which is situated in a strategic location on the city’s shoreline.
“Alongside the continued strengthening of the Group’s core operating segments and the investment in new growth engines, we are working on identifying business opportunities, alongside responsible and well-balanced behavior. This period of uncertainty emphasizes and highlights the Group’s strength and the importance of such behavior.”
Occupancy Rates and Store Revenues
- The average occupancy rate (excluding properties under lease-up) was 99% in malls, 98% in offices in Israel, and 97% in senior housing.
- Store revenues – In January-March 2023, a 14.2% increase was recorded in store revenues in the Group's malls year-over-year.
Recent Business Developments
- In March 2023, the Group announced a significant data center transaction under which Green Mountain, a wholly-owned subsidiary, will build a DC campus for TikTok, comprised of a number of buildings in which the customer will be supplied with a total power capacity (electricity) of 90 MW. The campus will be built in several stages, and during Q4/2023 the first 30 MW are expected to be supplied under an 11-year contract. The remaining 60 MW of the capacity will be supplied during 2024 in two additional stages under 10-year contracts. The customer was given several options for increasing the capacity by tens of MW. The transaction is expected to produce an average annual NOI of approx. $79 million, assuming its full operation (90 MW).
- In April 2023, the Group announced that Green Mountain, the wholly-owned subsidiary which engages in the data centers sector, had entered into a joint venture with a German company which engages in the supply of power and energy for the construction of a DC campus that shall comprise several buildings in the Frankfurt region of Germany. The joint venture will be held and financed in equal shares. On the land where the campus will be built, three buildings may be built, such that the maximum capacity on the campus may reach around 54 MW. During Q3/2023, the joint venture is expected to begin construction of the first building with a designed power capacity of around 18 MW.
- In April 2023, the Group announced that it had won a tender of Dira Lehaskir and the ILA in the Glil Yam neighborhood of Herzliya. This is Azrieli Group’s first tender under the Dira Lehaskir model. The project, which is situated near Kibbutz Glil Yam, comprises 147 apartments intended for long-term housing for a period of no less than 20 consecutive years from the date of completion of the construction, while one half of the apartments in the project will be rented for price-controlled rent, which will be 80% of market-rate rent.
- In April 2023, the Group announced that it had entered into an agreement for the acquisition of the Red Rock Hotel in Eilat. Azrieli will acquire all of the rights in the land of a total area of around 9,000 sqm on which the hotel is built, including existing and future building rights. The Company intends to work towards exercise of the building rights for the construction of a new hotel.
Balance Sheet as of March 31, 2023
- The Group has cash, deposits, and short-term investments totaling approx. NIS 2.3 billion, and together with Bank Leumi stock, cash and cash equivalents and marketable securities – around NIS 3.2 billion.
- Net debt (including Leumi) totals approx. NIS 16 billion.
- The value of investment property and investment property under construction totals approx. NIS 41 billion.
- The equity to assets ratio is approx. 44% and the net debt to assets ratio is approx. 35%.
- Unencumbered assets total approx. NIS 34 billion.
|Contact details: Avi Haver|
To view this piece of content from ml-eu.globenewswire.com, please give your consent at the top of this page.
About GlobeNewswire by notified
One Liberty Plaza - 165 Broadway
NY 10006 New York
GlobeNewswire by notified is one of the world's largest newswire distribution networks, specializing in the delivery of corporate press releases financial disclosures and multimedia content to the media, investment community, individual investors and the general public.
Subscribe to releases from GlobeNewswire by notified
Subscribe to all the latest releases from GlobeNewswire by notified by registering your e-mail address below. You can unsubscribe at any time.
Latest releases from GlobeNewswire by notified
Sampo plc’s share buybacks 05/06/20236.6.2023 07:30:00 CEST | Press release
SAMPO PLC STOCK EXCHANGE RELEASE 06/06/2023 at 08:30 am Sampo plc’s share buybacks 05/06/2023 On 05/06/2023 Sampo plc (business code 0142213-3, LEI 743700UF3RL386WIDA22) has acquired its own A shares (ISIN code FI0009003305) as follows: Sampo plc’s share buybacksAggregated daily volume (in number of shares)Daily weighted average price of the purchased shares*Market (MIC Code)7,94943.63AQEU31,84643.50CEUX13,65043.61TQEX66,55543.52XHELTOTAL120,00043.53 *rounded to two decimals On 29 March 2023, Sampo announced a share buyback programme of up to a maximum of EUR 400 million in compliance with the Market Abuse Regulation (EU) 596/2014 (MAR) and the Commission Delegated Regulation (EU) 2016/1052. The programme, which started on 3 April 2023, is based on the authorisation granted by Sampo's Annual General Meeting on 18 May 2022. After the disclosed transactions, the company owns in total 4,530,623 Sampo A shares representing 0.89 per cent of the total number of shares in Sampo plc. Details o
IDEX Biometrics – Disclosure of holding - 6 June 20236.6.2023 07:30:00 CEST | Press release
This notice is issued by IDEX Biometrics ASA on behalf of the shareholder mentioned below. Reference is made to the disclosure on 26 May that Robert Keith had lent 42,000,000 shares in connection with the settlement of Tranche 1 in the private placement of shares in IDEX Biometrics on 24 May 2023. The shares have been returned to Mr. Keith. After the return of the shares, Mr. Keith and close relations hold 157,873,873 shares or rights to shares or 12.3% of the total outstanding shares and votes in IDEX Biometrics, based on the share capital after completion of Tranche 1 of the private placement. This notice was published by Erling Svela, Vice president of finance, on 6 June 2023 at 07:30 CET on behalf of IDEX Biometrics ASA on behalf of Robert Keith.
Sercel Awarded Major Contract for a GPR300 Seabed Nodal Solution for Seismic Survey in China6.6.2023 07:30:00 CEST | Press release
Paris, France – June6, 2023 CGG announced today that Sercel has made a major sale of its GPR300 seabed nodal solution to Sinopec, the Chinese oil and gas exploration, refining and distribution company. Over 6,000 nodes will be deployed this month in the Bohai Sea off the east coast of mainland China. Based on Sercel’s breakthrough QuietSeis® MEMS technology, the GPR300 delivers unprecedented broadband signal sensing capability and fidelity, and ultra-quiet performance to enable best-in-class subsurface imaging and outperforms conventional OBN equipment. With its compact and lightweight design, the GPR300 is easy to use whatever the deployment mode. Emmanuelle Dubu, Sercel CEO, said: “We are very pleased to partner with Sinopec once again and to support them in successfully completing this new complex project. On the strength of our in-depth knowledge of the seismic industry and the greater opportunities we see node acquisition bringing in terms of enhanced data quality and insight for
Sleeping better starts here: participate in the webinar of Beter Bed and Dr Sleep6.6.2023 07:30:00 CEST | Press release
On 13 June, Beter Bed, in collaboration with ‘Dr Sleep’, Merijn van de Laar, will be organising a free webinar for everyone keen to improve their sleep. Anyone who sleeps badly one night will notice the difference immediately the next day in terms of mood and focus. Moreover, sleeping badly has an impact on health. As many as one in five Dutch people suffer from some form of sleep deprivation. This webinar is a perfect opportunity for many to change this immediately. The free webinar on 13 June at 8 p.m. will provide more insight into all the factors that influence the quality of sleep. The webinar aims to raise awareness of the impact of poor sleep and motivate viewers to improve sleep quality for a healthier, more energetic and happier life. Participants will learn how to put these steps into practice immediately. Dr Sleep, Merijn van de Laar, explains: “Everything about sleeping better will be dealt with. When do you sleep better, and what happens if your night's sleep is no longer
AccuStem Sciences, Inc. Announces Collaboration Agreement with University Hospitals6.6.2023 07:00:00 CEST | Press release
LONDON and PHOENIX, Ariz., June 06, 2023 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) -- AccuStem Sciences, Inc. (OTCQB: ACUT), a clinical stage diagnostics company dedicated to improving outcomes for patients with cancer, today announced the establishment of a joint clinical collaboration agreement with University Hospitals. Per the terms of this agreement, University Hospitals will provide tissue samples with clinical outcomes to AccuStem for research purposes. The scope of the agreement covers a multitude of different cancers but will initially focus on breast cancer cases to support further validation of the StemPrintER test. The goal of the initial project is to build on the strong foundation of data for StemPrintER by demonstrating additional clinical utility beyond identifying patients’ risk of recurrence. This next step is critical for women with early stage breast cancer because there are many tests to determine the need for chemotherapy but there are no genomic tools to inform decisions earlier in the c