Aegon to repurchase shares for share-based compensation plans
The Hague, January 6, 2023 - Aegon announced today that it will repurchase common shares for an amount of EUR 42.5 million to meet its obligations resulting from the share-based compensation plans for senior management. The repurchased shares will be held as treasury shares until they are allocated to the plan participants.
The repurchase of shares will commence on January 9, 2023 and is expected to be completed on or before January 30, 2023. Aegon will engage a third party to execute the transactions on its behalf. The common shares will be repurchased at a maximum of the average of the daily volume-weighted average prices during the repurchase period.
Weekly updates regarding the transactions will be available on aegon.com.
Aegon is an integrated, diversified, international financial services group. The company offers investment, protection, and retirement solutions, with a strategic focus on three core markets (the United States, the United Kingdom, and the Netherlands), three growth markets (Spain & Portugal, Brazil, and China), and one global asset manager. Aegon's purpose of Helping people live their best lives runs through all its activities. As a leading global investor and employer, the company seeks to have a positive impact by addressing critical environmental and societal issues, with a focus on climate change and inclusion & diversity. Aegon is headquartered in The Hague, the Netherlands, and listed on Euronext Amsterdam and the New York Stock Exchange. More information can be found at aegon.com.
|Media relations||Investor relations|
|Dick Schiethart||Jan Willem Weidema|
|+31(0) 6 2288 9925||+31(0) 70 344 8028|
The statements contained in this document that are not historical facts are forward-looking statements as defined in the US Private Securities Litigation Reform Act of 1995. The following are words that identify such forward-looking statements: aim, believe, estimate, target, intend, may, expect, anticipate, predict, project, counting on, plan, continue, want, forecast, goal, should, would, could, is confident, will, and similar expressions as they relate to Aegon. These statements may contain information about financial prospects, economic conditions and trends and involve risks and uncertainties. In addition, any statements that refer to sustainability, environmental and social targets, commitments, goals, efforts and expectations and other events or circumstances that are partially dependent on future events are forward-looking statements. These statements are not guarantees of future performance and involve risks, uncertainties and assumptions that are difficult to predict. Aegon undertakes no obligation, and expressly disclaims any duty, to publicly update or revise any forward-looking statements. Readers are cautioned not to place undue reliance on these forward-looking statements, which merely reflect company expectations at the time of writing. Actual results may differ materially and adversely from expectations conveyed in forward-looking statements due to changes caused by various risks and uncertainties. Such risks and uncertainties include but are not limited to the following:
- Unexpected delays, difficulties, and expenses in executing against our environmental, climate, diversity and inclusion or other “ESG” targets, goals and commitments, and changes in laws or regulations affecting us, such as changes in data privacy, environmental, safety and health laws;
- Changes in general economic and/or governmental conditions, particularly in the United States, the Netherlands and the United Kingdom;
- Civil unrest, (geo-) political tensions, military action or other instability in a country or geographic region;
- Changes in the performance of financial markets, including emerging markets, such as with regard to:
- The frequency and severity of defaults by issuers in Aegon’s fixed income investment portfolios;
- The effects of corporate bankruptcies and/or accounting restatements on the financial markets and the resulting decline in the value of equity and debt securities Aegon holds;
- The effects of declining creditworthiness of certain public sector securities and the resulting decline in the value of government exposure that Aegon holds;
- Changes in the performance of Aegon’s investment portfolio and decline in ratings of Aegon’s counterparties;
- Lowering of one or more of Aegon’s debt ratings issued by recognized rating organizations and the adverse impact such action may have on Aegon’s ability to raise capital and on its liquidity and financial condition;
- Lowering of one or more of insurer financial strength ratings of Aegon’s insurance subsidiaries and the adverse impact such action may have on the written premium, policy retention, profitability and liquidity of its insurance subsidiaries;
- The effect of the European Union’s Solvency II requirements and other regulations in other jurisdictions affecting the capital Aegon is required to maintain;
- Changes affecting interest rate levels and continuing low or rapidly changing interest rate levels;
- Changes affecting currency exchange rates, in particular the EUR/USD and EUR/GBP exchange rates;
- Changes in the availability of, and costs associated with, liquidity sources such as bank and capital markets funding, as well as conditions in the credit markets in general such as changes in borrower and counterparty creditworthiness;
- Increasing levels of competition in the United States, the Netherlands, the United Kingdom and emerging markets;
- Catastrophic events, either manmade or by nature, including by way of example acts of God, acts of terrorism, acts of war and pandemics, could result in material losses and significantly interrupt Aegon’s business;
- The frequency and severity of insured loss events;
- Changes affecting longevity, mortality, morbidity, persistence and other factors that may impact the profitability of Aegon’s insurance products;
- Aegon’s projected results are highly sensitive to complex mathematical models of financial markets, mortality, longevity, and other dynamic systems subject to shocks and unpredictable volatility. Should assumptions to these models later prove incorrect, or should errors in those models escape the controls in place to detect them, future performance will vary from projected results;
- Reinsurers to whom Aegon has ceded significant underwriting risks may fail to meet their obligations;
- Changes in customer behavior and public opinion in general related to, among other things, the type of products Aegon sells, including legal, regulatory or commercial necessity to meet changing customer expectations;
- Customer responsiveness to both new products and distribution channels;
- As Aegon’s operations support complex transactions and are highly dependent on the proper functioning of information technology, operational risks such as system disruptions or failures, security or data privacy breaches, cyberattacks, human error, failure to safeguard personally identifiable information, changes in operational practices or inadequate controls including with respect to third parties with which we do business may disrupt Aegon’s business, damage its reputation and adversely affect its results of operations, financial condition and cash flows;
- The impact of acquisitions and divestitures, restructurings, product withdrawals and other unusual items, including Aegon’s ability to integrate acquisitions and to obtain the anticipated results and synergies from acquisitions;
- Aegon’s failure to achieve anticipated levels of earnings or operational efficiencies, as well as other management initiatives related to cost savings, Cash Capital at Holding, gross financial leverage and free cash flow;
- Changes in the policies of central banks and/or governments;
- Litigation or regulatory action that could require Aegon to pay significant damages or change the way Aegon does business;
- Competitive, legal, regulatory, or tax changes that affect profitability, the distribution cost of or demand for Aegon’s products;
- Consequences of an actual or potential break-up of the European monetary union in whole or in part, or the exit of the United Kingdom from the European Union and potential consequences if other European Union countries leave the European Union;
- Changes in laws and regulations, particularly those affecting Aegon’s operations’ ability to hire and retain key personnel, taxation of Aegon companies, the products Aegon sells, and the attractiveness of certain products to its consumers;
- Regulatory changes relating to the pensions, investment, and insurance industries in the jurisdictions in which Aegon operates;
- Standard setting initiatives of supranational standard setting bodies such as the Financial Stability Board and the International Association of Insurance Supervisors or changes to such standards that may have an impact on regional (such as EU), national or US federal or state level financial regulation or the application thereof to Aegon, including the designation of Aegon by the Financial Stability Board as a Global Systemically Important Insurer (G-SII); and
- Changes in accounting regulations and policies or a change by Aegon in applying such regulations and policies, voluntarily or otherwise, which may affect Aegon’s reported results, shareholders’ equity or regulatory capital adequacy levels.
This document contains information that qualifies, or may qualify, as inside information within the meaning of Article 7(1) of the EU Market Abuse Regulation (596/2014). Further details of potential risks and uncertainties affecting Aegon are described in its filings with the Netherlands Authority for the Financial Markets and the US Securities and Exchange Commission, including the Annual Report. These forward-looking statements speak only as of the date of this document. Except as required by any applicable law or regulation, Aegon expressly disclaims any obligation or undertaking to release publicly any updates or revisions to any forward-looking statements contained herein to reflect any change in Aegon’s expectations with regard thereto or any change in events, conditions or circumstances on which any such statement is based.
AttachmentTo view this piece of content from www.globenewswire.com, please give your consent at the top of this page.
To view this piece of content from ml-eu.globenewswire.com, please give your consent at the top of this page.
About GlobeNewswire by notified
One Liberty Plaza - 165 Broadway
NY 10006 New York
GlobeNewswire by notified is one of the world's largest newswire distribution networks, specializing in the delivery of corporate press releases financial disclosures and multimedia content to the media, investment community, individual investors and the general public.
Subscribe to releases from GlobeNewswire by notified
Subscribe to all the latest releases from GlobeNewswire by notified by registering your e-mail address below. You can unsubscribe at any time.
Latest releases from GlobeNewswire by notified
Alation’s Data Intelligence Project Goes Global with New Cohort of Universities30.1.2023 15:00:00 CET | Press release
Program supports the next generation of data leaders; provides hundreds of students with Alation and real-world experience REDWOOD CITY, Calif., Jan. 30, 2023 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) -- Alation Inc., the leader in enterprise data intelligence solutions, announced three new universities participating in its philanthropic initiative, The Data Intelligence Project. New universities include The University of Arkansas at Little Rock in Arkansas, The University of Cincinnati in Ohio, and The University of Stirling in Scotland. More than 420 students have used Alation in their courses to date, with this year’s global cohort providing real-world experience to hundreds of new students via Alation. The Data Intelligence Project, launched in 2021, builds a more data-literate, curious, and rational world by nurturing the next generation of data professionals. As part of The Data Intelligence Project, Alation brings its data intelligence platform, free of charge, into academic institutions and provides un
Fortinet Expands its Services and Training Offerings to Further Support SOC Teams in Preventing and Defending Against Cyber Threats30.1.2023 15:00:00 CET | Press release
Multi-Faceted Approach Accelerates Fortinet’s Global Commitment to Eliminate the Cybersecurity Skills Gap SUNNYVALE, Calif., Jan. 30, 2023 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) -- John Maddison, EVP of Products and CMO at Fortinet “Fortinet builds ML-driven automation into all of its SOC offerings to support short-staffed teams affected by the cybersecurity skills shortage. But technology alone won’t solve this issue, which is why we are dedicated to also delivering human-based SOC augmentation services to provide immediate support, while investing in an industry-leading training institute to close the cybersecurity skills gap. This combination of technology, services, and training enables SOC professionals to better protect their organizations from detection to incident recovery.” News Summary Fortinet® (NASDAQ: FTNT), a global leader in broad, integrated, and automated cybersecurity solutions, today announced new security operations center (SOC) augmentation services designed to help strengthen an organi
Cozycozy is the Only Accommodation Search Engine That Now Includes Airbnb, Giving Travelers the Largest Selection of Vacation Rentals Possible30.1.2023 14:30:00 CET | Press release
One search, so many possibilities - cozycozy helps users find their perfect holiday accommodation from over 100+ booking platforms, including Airbnb. NEW YORK, Jan. 30, 2023 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) -- Cozycozy knows that finding the perfect place to stay can be hard. With the rise of so many vacation rental and hotel platforms comes more and more options, overwhelming travelers. "The days of having multiple tabs open to find the best deal are over," says Romain Claudel, co-founder of cozycozy. "We created cozycozy.com so travelers can see all their options in one place, without all the hassle." There are more and more vacation rentals and hotel rooms listed on several platforms, often with rates that vary. By using cozycozy, users conveniently get the lowest price possible. Their website allows users to see a comprehensive list of available options all at once, so that they get the best rates. They are the only platform in the world to include Airbnb in its search engines, letting users compa
Bank of Åland Plc: Managers' Transactions (Johansson)30.1.2023 14:30:00 CET | Press release
Bank of Åland Plc Managers' Transactions January 30, 2023, 15.30 EET Managers' Transactions --- Person subject to the notification requirement Name: Magnus Johannsson Position: Other senior manager Issuer: Ålandsbanken Abp LEI: 7437006WYM821IJ3MN73 Notification type: INITIAL NOTIFICATION Reference number: 24871/4/4 --- Transaction date: 2023-01-25 Outside a trading venue Instrument type: SHARE ISIN: FI0009001127 Nature of transaction: SUBSCRIPTION Transaction details (1): Volume: 233 Unit price: 32.98 EUR Aggregated transactions (1): Volume: 233 Volume weighted average price: 32.98 EUR For further information, please contact: Peter Wiklöf, Managing Director and Chief Executive, tel +358 40 512 7505
Ålandsbanken Abp: Transaktioner utförda av personer i ledande ställning (Johansson)30.1.2023 14:30:00 CET | Pressemelding
Ålandsbanken Abp Transaktioner utförda av personer i ledande ställning 30.1.2023 kl. 15.30 EET Transaktioner utförda av personer i ledande ställning --- Den anmälningsskyldiga Namn: Magnus Johannsson Befattning: Annan person i högsta ledningen Emittent: Ålandsbanken Abp LEI: 7437006WYM821IJ3MN73 Anmälans karaktär: FÖRSTA ANMÄLAN Referensnummer: 24871/4/4 --- Transaktionens datum: 2023-01-25 Utanför en handelsplats Instrument typ: AKTIE ISIN: FI0009001127 Transaktionens karaktär: TECKNING Detaljer om transaktionerna (1): Volym: 233 Enhetspris: 32.98 EUR Aggregerad information om transaktionerna (1): Volym: 233 Medelpris: 32.98 EUR Ytterligare information: Peter Wiklöf, Vd och koncernchef, Ålandsbanken Abp, tfn +358 40 512 7505