Aegon Bank publishes its 2021 Annual Report
The Hague, April 21, 2022 - Aegon Bank has today published its 2021 annual report. The report provides information on the bank’s strategy, governance, business, and financial performance on a statutory basis.
The report is available for download here.
Aegon is an integrated, diversified, international financial services group. The company offers investment, protection, and retirement solutions, with a strategic focus on three core markets (the United States, the United Kingdom, and the Netherlands), three growth markets (Spain & Portugal, Brazil, and China), and one global asset manager. Aegon's purpose of Helping people live their best lives runs through all its activities. As a leading global investor and employer, the company seeks to have a positive impact by addressing critical environmental and societal issues, with a focus on climate change and inclusion & diversity. Aegon is headquartered in The Hague, the Netherlands, and listed on Euronext Amsterdam and the New York Stock Exchange. More information can be found at aegon.com.
|Media relations||Investor relations|
|Dick Schiethart|| Jan Willem Weidema|
|+31(0) 70 344 8821||+31(0) 70 344 8028|
The statements contained in this document that are not historical facts are forward-looking statements as defined in the US Private Securities Litigation Reform Act of 1995. The following are words that identify such forward-looking statements: aim, believe, estimate, target, intend, may, expect, anticipate, predict, project, counting on, plan, continue, want, forecast, goal, should, would, could, is confident, will, and similar expressions as they relate to Aegon. These statements may contain information about financial prospects, economic conditions and trends and involve risks and uncertainties. In addition, any statements that refer to sustainability, environmental and social targets, commitments, goals, efforts and expectations and other events or circumstances that are partially dependent on future events are forward-looking statements. These statements are not guarantees of future performance and involve risks, uncertainties and assumptions that are difficult to predict. Aegon undertakes no obligation, and expressly disclaims any duty, to publicly update or revise any forward-looking statements. Readers are cautioned not to place undue reliance on these forward-looking statements, which merely reflect company expectations at the time of writing. Actual results may differ materially and adversely from expectations conveyed in forward-looking statements due to changes caused by various risks and uncertainties. Such risks and uncertainties include but are not limited to the following:
- Unexpected delays, difficulties, and expenses in executing against our environmental, climate, diversity and inclusion or other “ESG” targets, goals and commitments, and changes in laws or regulations affecting us, such as changes in data privacy, environmental, safety and health laws;
- Changes in general economic and/or governmental conditions, particularly in the United States, the Netherlands and the United Kingdom;
- Civil unrest, (geo-) political tensions, military action or other instability in a country or geographic region;
- Changes in the performance of financial markets, including emerging markets, such as with regard to:
- The frequency and severity of defaults by issuers in Aegon’s fixed income investment portfolios;
- The effects of corporate bankruptcies and/or accounting restatements on the financial markets and the resulting decline in the value of equity and debt securities Aegon holds;
- The effects of declining creditworthiness of certain public sector securities and the resulting decline in the value of government exposure that Aegon holds;
- Changes in the performance of Aegon’s investment portfolio and decline in ratings of Aegon’s counterparties;
- Lowering of one or more of Aegon’s debt ratings issued by recognized rating organizations and the adverse impact such action may have on Aegon’s ability to raise capital and on its liquidity and financial condition;
- Lowering of one or more of insurer financial strength ratings of Aegon’s insurance subsidiaries and the adverse impact such action may have on the written premium, policy retention, profitability and liquidity of its insurance subsidiaries;
- The effect of the European Union’s Solvency II requirements and other regulations in other jurisdictions affecting the capital Aegon is required to maintain;
- Changes affecting interest rate levels and continuing low or rapidly changing interest rate levels;
- Changes affecting currency exchange rates, in particular the EUR/USD and EUR/GBP exchange rates;
- Changes in the availability of, and costs associated with, liquidity sources such as bank and capital markets funding, as well as conditions in the credit markets in general such as changes in borrower and counterparty creditworthiness;
- Increasing levels of competition in the United States, the Netherlands, the United Kingdom and emerging markets;
- Catastrophic events, either manmade or by nature, including by way of example acts of God, acts of terrorism, acts of war and pandemics, could result in material losses and significantly interrupt Aegon’s business;
- The frequency and severity of insured loss events;
- Changes affecting longevity, mortality, morbidity, persistence and other factors that may impact the profitability of Aegon’s insurance products;
- Aegon’s projected results are highly sensitive to complex mathematical models of financial markets, mortality, longevity, and other dynamic systems subject to shocks and unpredictable volatility. Should assumptions to these models later prove incorrect, or should errors in those models escape the controls in place to detect them, future performance will vary from projected results;
- Reinsurers to whom Aegon has ceded significant underwriting risks may fail to meet their obligations;
- Changes in customer behavior and public opinion in general related to, among other things, the type of products Aegon sells, including legal, regulatory or commercial necessity to meet changing customer expectations;
- Customer responsiveness to both new products and distribution channels;
- As Aegon’s operations support complex transactions and are highly dependent on the proper functioning of information technology, operational risks such as system disruptions or failures, security or data privacy breaches, cyberattacks, human error, failure to safeguard personally identifiable information, changes in operational practices or inadequate controls including with respect to third parties with which we do business may disrupt Aegon’s business, damage its reputation and adversely affect its results of operations, financial condition and cash flows;
- The impact of acquisitions and divestitures, restructurings, product withdrawals and other unusual items, including Aegon’s ability to integrate acquisitions and to obtain the anticipated results and synergies from acquisitions;
- Aegon’s failure to achieve anticipated levels of earnings or operational efficiencies, as well as other management initiatives related to cost savings, Cash Capital at Holding, gross financial leverage and free cash flow;
- Changes in the policies of central banks and/or governments;
- Litigation or regulatory action that could require Aegon to pay significant damages or change the way Aegon does business;
- Competitive, legal, regulatory, or tax changes that affect profitability, the distribution cost of or demand for Aegon’s products;
- Consequences of an actual or potential break-up of the European monetary union in whole or in part, or the exit of the United Kingdom from the European Union and potential consequences if other European Union countries leave the European Union;
- Changes in laws and regulations, particularly those affecting Aegon’s operations’ ability to hire and retain key personnel, taxation of Aegon companies, the products Aegon sells, and the attractiveness of certain products to its consumers;
- Regulatory changes relating to the pensions, investment, and insurance industries in the jurisdictions in which Aegon operates;
- Standard setting initiatives of supranational standard setting bodies such as the Financial Stability Board and the International Association of Insurance Supervisors or changes to such standards that may have an impact on regional (such as EU), national or US federal or state level financial regulation or the application thereof to Aegon, including the designation of Aegon by the Financial Stability Board as a Global Systemically Important Insurer (G-SII); and
- Changes in accounting regulations and policies or a change by Aegon in applying such regulations and policies, voluntarily or otherwise, which may affect Aegon’s reported results, shareholders’ equity or regulatory capital adequacy levels.
Further details of potential risks and uncertainties affecting Aegon are described in its filings with the Netherlands Authority for the Financial Markets and the US Securities and Exchange Commission, including the Annual Report. These forward-looking statements speak only as of the date of this document. Except as required by any applicable law or regulation, Aegon expressly disclaims any obligation or undertaking to release publicly any updates or revisions to any forward-looking statements contained herein to reflect any change in Aegon’s expectations with regard thereto or any change in events, conditions or circumstances on which any such statement is based.
AttachmentTo view this piece of content from www.globenewswire.com, please give your consent at the top of this page.
To view this piece of content from ml-eu.globenewswire.com, please give your consent at the top of this page.
About GlobeNewswire by notified
One Liberty Plaza - 165 Broadway
NY 10006 New York
GlobeNewswire by notified is one of the world's largest newswire distribution networks, specializing in the delivery of corporate press releases financial disclosures and multimedia content to the media, investment community, individual investors and the general public.
Subscribe to releases from GlobeNewswire by notified
Subscribe to all the latest releases from GlobeNewswire by notified by registering your e-mail address below. You can unsubscribe at any time.
Latest releases from GlobeNewswire by notified
IBFD launches the 2021 Yearbook on Taxpayers’ Rights19.5.2022 10:00:00 CEST | Press release
Today, IBFD launches the 2021 Yearbook on the Protection of Taxpayers’ Rights (OPTR). The book is a compilation of up-to-date information on the effective protection of taxpayers’ rights. AMSTERDAM, May 19, 2022 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) -- Prof. Dr Pasquale Pistone and Prof. Dr Philip Baker, Directors of IBFD’s OPTR, will present the Yearbook at the 7th International Conference on Taxpayer Rights, hosted by the Center for Taxpayer Rights, explaining some of the main events and trends that arose last year in the protection of taxpayers’ rights around the world. Click here to watch the video. The OPTR reports on the protection of taxpayers’ fundamental rights around the world. The precise and technical information of the OPTR contains reference to taxpayer bills, conventions and statutes, including their judicial and administrative interpretation, which explore how states apply this protection in practice. The OPTR serves as a unique legal basis for developing further research on the legal remed
Centrient Pharmaceuticals announces its achievement of a significant milestone in the clean production of antibiotics19.5.2022 10:00:00 CEST | Press release
Being the first company to publicly announce 100% PNEC compliance for its entire oral antibiotics product range Rijswijk, The Netherlands, May 19, 2022 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) -- Summary Centrient Pharmaceuticals reached a significant milestone in the clean production of its antibiotics, with the lowest environmental impact and minimizing the potential contribution to antimicrobial resistanceThe company is the first to publicly announce that Its entire supply chain of oral antibiotics – including its own and supplier manufacturing sites - is fully compliant with the stringent Predicted No Effect Concentration (PNEC) discharge targets set by the AMR Industry AllianceThis achievement demonstrates Centrient Pharmaceuticals’ commitment and leadership in the responsible production of antibiotics. Centrient Pharmaceuticals announces 100% compliance with the stringent Predicted No Effect Concentration (PNEC) discharge targets set by the AMR Industry Alliance for clean manufacturing of its full oral
Share Buyback Transaction Details May 12 – May 18, 202219.5.2022 10:00:00 CEST | Press release
Share Buyback Transaction Details May 12 – May 18, 2022 May 19, 2022 - Wolters Kluwer today reports that it has repurchased 118,000 of its own ordinary shares in the period from May 12, 2022, up to and including May 18, 2022, for €11.0 million and at an average share price of €92.92. These repurchases are part of the share buyback program announced on February 23, 2022, under which we intend to repurchase shares for up to €600 million during 2022. The cumulative amounts repurchased to date under this program are as follows: Share Buyback 2022 PeriodCumulative shares repurchased in period Total consideration (€ million)Average share price (€) 2022 to date 2,573,464 238.4 92.64 For the period starting May 5, 2022, up to and including August 1, 2022, we have engaged a third party to execute €140 million of buybacks on our behalf, within the limits of relevant laws and regulations (in particular Regulation (EU) 596/2014) and the company’s Articles of Association. Repurchased shares are add
Mainz Biomed & Dante Labs Announce Partnership for the Commercialization of ColoAlert in Europe and the United Arab Emirates (UAE)19.5.2022 09:01:00 CEST | Press release
Dante Labs is a Global Leader in Genomics and Precision MedicineMainz is Exclusively Focused on Developing Next Generation Diagnostics for the Early Detection of Cancer BERKELEY, Calif. and MAINZ, Germany and NEW YORK, May 19, 2022 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) -- Mainz Biomed N.V. (NASDAQ:MYNZ) (“Mainz” or the “Company”), a molecular genetics diagnostic company specializing in the early detection of cancer and Dante Labs, a global leader in genomics and precision medicine, announced today a partnership for the commercialization of ColoAlert in Italy and the United Arab Emirates (UAE). ColoAlert is Mainz’s flagship product, a highly efficacious and easy to use at-home detection test for colorectal cancer (CRC). Dante Labs is a global leader in genome sequencing with a product development and commercial franchise focused on providing personalized preventive healthcare solutions by leveraging its robust databases and proprietary software platform to offer next-generation diagnostic tools direct to co
Regarding the approval of the key financial performance indicators for AB Klaipėdos nafta for the period of 2022-202419.5.2022 08:22:29 CEST | Press release
AB Klaipėdos nafta (hereinafter – the Company) hereby informs that the Government of the Republic of Lithuania on 18 May 2022 adopted the resolution No. 509 “Regarding the approval of the key financial performance indicators for state-owned enterprises for the period of 2022-2024”, which establishes the following performance indicators for the Company: Indicator202220232024Average annual adjusted EBITDA* Period 2022–2024 ≥ EUR 33.9 millionAnnual financial debt to equity ratio Period 2022–2024 limit 1.7–3.2 times * EBITDA less adjustment (temporary regulatory differences, temporary fluctuations in the fair value of financial derivatives, results from disposal or revaluation of non-current assets, compensations received for previous periods, other non-typical corrections). Mindaugas Kvekšas, Chief Financial Officer, +370 46 391772