Acarix AB (publ) publishes Interim Report, January – September 2021
Malmö, November 11, 2021
Acarix AB (publ) publishes Interim Report, January–September 2021
Positive trend and new shareissueallowus to accelerate rate of expansion
It looks more promising for Acarix in the US market. At the end of October, we obtained a CPT code from the American Medical Association (AMA). The CPT code means the FDA-cleared CADScor®System can be reimbursed by the US social insurance system. We were awarded the code after careful evaluation by the AMA and on the recommendation of the American College of Cardiologists (ACC). This is an important breakthrough and recognition of our technology that opens new doors for us in the US market. Our recently announced cooperation agreement with Proximo Medical offers us immediate access to a sales channel and the first end-users evaluations are commencing as I write.
Extract fromCEO Per Persson’smessage to the Interim Report.
Thirdquarterof 2021 comparedwith the same period 2020
- During the third quarter, 18 (17) CADScor®Systems and 2,310 (1,320) disposable patches were sold.
- Revenues amounted to SEK 1,231 thousand (791), with a gross profit of SEK 936 thousand (552) and a gross margin of 76 percent (70).
- Operating expenses amounted to SEK 11,638 thousand (9,440).
- Profit before tax amounted to SEK –10,693 thousand (–8,880).
- Cash flow from operating activities amounted to SEK –10,295 thousand (–6,418).
- Net cash flow for the period amounted to SEK –10,224 thousand (40,951).
- Earnings per share amounted to SEK –0.08 (–0.11). No dilution effects occurred.
The firstninemonthsof 2021 comparedwithsame period 2020
- During the first nine months, a total of 46 (20) CADScor®Systems and 5,100 (2,120) disposable patches were sold and generated totally SEK 2,832 thousand (1,204) in revenue. Gross profit amounted to SEK 2,098 thousand (881), corresponding to a gross margin of 74 percent (73).
- Operating expenses amounted to SEK 37,576 thousand (30,925).
- Profit before tax amounted to SEK –35,508 thousand (–30,085).
- Cash flow from operating activities amounted to SEK –34,878 thousand (24,141).
- Cash and cash equivalents amounted to SEK 28,972 thousand (76,413).
- Earnings per share amounted to SEK –0.25 (–0.49). No dilution effects occurred.
Events in the third quarter, 2021
- On August 27, the company announced the first DanNICAD II results at ESC. Study confirms excellent rule-out capacity of CADScor®, almost 50 percent of intermediate CAD risk patients can be deferred from further diagnostic testing. The original Dan-NICAD I study demonstrated the high negative predictive value of CADScor® in a cohort of 1,675 patients with suspected stable CAD. The Dan-NICAD II study aims to further establish diagnostic accuracy in additional 1,732 patients in an expanded age group from 30 years with a special focus on intermediate risk patients.
- On September 7, the company announced a new health economic study that proves the value of CADScor® in coronary disease diagnostics. A peer-reviewed publication in the September 2021 edition of PharmacoEconomics shows an estimated 12.3£ million savings to the English health care system per 100,000 eligible patients when using the Acarix CADScor®System to rule out coronary artery disease (CAD). The authors assessed the cost-utility of the CADScor®System to rule-out CAD at an early stage in the diagnostic testing pathway in England. The results indicate cost savings of £131 per patient over a 1-year time horizon. The conclusion is that when initiated before using current standard tests such as computed tomography coronary angiography, the CADScor® test reduced costs to the healthcare service over various time horizons.
- On September 14 the company announced it´s start-up of the US expansion and appoints Helen Ljungdahl Round as head of the company’s newly established US subsidiary Acarix Inc. Helen took office in September 2021 to build the US organization. She is a member of Acarix AB’s Group Management. Helen Ljungdahl Round has over 25 years of experience from senior and global positions such as with the pharmaceutical company Merck & Co, Inc (MSD) and as Senior Vice President of Global Marketing & Business Development for GN Hearing. Helen’s most recent position was as CEO of Amincell, a start-up biotech company based in New York. Helen resides with her family in Pennsylvania, USA and has spent most of her professional life in the US and with American companies, as well as Board appointments and Advisory assignments.
Events after September 30, 2021
- On October 27 the company announced that the editorial panel of the American Medical Association (AMA) approved the Category III CPT® (CPT III) code application for the Acarix CADScor®System. The application was actively endorsed by the American College of Cardiology (ACC) and accepted by AMA without remarks. CPT III reimbursement codes are assigned to emerging technologies, services, and procedures. In line with the CPT III process, the new code for the CADScor®System will be published by Center for Medicare and Medicaid services (CMS) on January 1st, 2022, and accessible to US payers and providers by July 1st, 2022. Per the process, there is no specific payment amount attached to the code and Acarix will now be working with selected payors to grant the level of coverage and payment. Once a code is effective, healthcare providers will be able to submit reimbursement claims via their standard billing processes.
- On November 5, the company announced its intention to conduct a fully underwritten rights issue of approximately SEK 79.3 million to enable an expansion in the US market. On the same day, the Board of Directors announced an Extraordinary General Meeting to approve the rights issue on November 23, 2021.
- On November 8, the company announced its financing and operating objectives for 2024 – to have sales exceeding SEK 200 million and a gross margin of at least 80 percent. This corresponds to an established base of 3,000 CADScor®Systems by the end of 2024, with an emphasis on the US market.
- On November 9, the company announced that it had signed a Commercial Access agreement with Proximo Medical LLC. The agreement will enable a rapid commercial expansion in the US through the sales force that covers strategic states in the US. The agreement is part of a sales strategy for the US market.
The complete interim report is available by link below or on www.acarix.com
For further information, please contact:
Per Persson, CEO
+46 736 005 990
Christian Lindholm, CFO
tel: +46 705 118 333
Acarix is a Swedish medical device company that innovates solutions for rapid AI-based rule out of Coronary Artery Disease (CAD). The CE approved and FDA DeNovo cleared Acarix CADScor® system is intended for patients experiencing chest pain with suspected CAD and designed to help reduce millions of unnecessary, invasive and costly diagnostic procedures. The CADScor system calculates a patient-specific CAD-score non-invasively in less than 10 minutes with 97% confidence. Acarix is listed on the Nasdaq First North Premier Growth Market (ticker: ACARIX). Redeye AB (+46 (0)8 121 576 90, firstname.lastname@example.org) is Certified Adviser of Acarix. For more information, please visit www.acarix.com.
AttachmentsTo view this piece of content from www.globenewswire.com, please give your consent at the top of this page.
To view this piece of content from ml-eu.globenewswire.com, please give your consent at the top of this page.
About GlobeNewswire by notified
One Liberty Plaza - 165 Broadway
NY 10006 New York
GlobeNewswire by notified is one of the world's largest newswire distribution networks, specializing in the delivery of corporate press releases financial disclosures and multimedia content to the media, investment community, individual investors and the general public.
Subscribe to releases from GlobeNewswire by notified
Subscribe to all the latest releases from GlobeNewswire by notified by registering your e-mail address below. You can unsubscribe at any time.
Latest releases from GlobeNewswire by notified
Results of EssilorLuxottica’s mandatory public offer for GrandVision shares6.12.2021 07:00:00 CET | Press release
Results of EssilorLuxottica’s mandatory public offer for GrandVision shares • Acceptance Period ended 3 December 2021 (at 17:40 hours CET) • 13.06% of the Shares have been tendered under the Offer during the Acceptance Period • Including the 86.67% of the Shares already held by the Offeror, the Offeror will hold a total interest of 99.73% • Settlement of the Offer will take place on 8 December 2021, at which date the Offer Price of Euro 28.42 per Share will be paid • Remaining Shares can be tendered during the Post-Acceptance Period, commencing on 7 December 2021 at 09:00 hours CET and ending on 20 December 2021 at 17:40 hours CET Charenton-le-Pont, France and Schiphol, the Netherlands (6 December, 2021 – 7:00am CET) – With reference to the press release of 7 October 2021 by EssilorLuxottica S.A. (the “Offeror“) and GrandVision N.V. (“GrandVision”) regarding the publication of the offer memorandum of the same date (the “Offer Memorandum”) for the recommended mandatory public offer (the
Roche to launch SARS-CoV-2 & Flu A/B Rapid Antigen Test in countries accepting the CE Mark to enable rapid differentiation of viral respiratory infections6.12.2021 07:00:00 CET | Press release
The combination rapid antigen test quickly differentiates between SARS-CoV-2 and influenza viruses A and B infections, with results ready in less than 30 minutes, allowing informed decisions on patient and pandemic management decisionsAffordable and small, instrument-free testing kit enables convenient use for healthcare professionals at different point of care locations and in resource-limited settingsThe test works seamlessly with NAVIFY® Pass, Roche’s digital solution that allows individuals and healthcare professionals to immediately store, display, and share their COVID-19 test results and vaccine status through a unique data matrix Basel, 6 December 2021 - Roche (SIX: RO, ROG; OTCQX: RHHBY) today announced its plans to launch the SARS-CoV-2 & Flu A/B Rapid Antigen Test for professional use in markets accepting the CE Mark by the beginning of January. Roche also intends to file for Emergency Use Authorization (EUA) to the U.S. Food and Drug Administration (FDA) in early 2022. The
Bavarian Nordic Reports Positive Topline Phase 2 Results for its COVID-19 Vaccine Candidate5.12.2021 18:21:41 CET | Press release
Bavarian Nordic’s non-adjuvanted COVID-19 vaccine candidate, ABNCoV2 (100μg), demonstrated a strong boosting effect, increasing the existing levels of SARS-CoV-2 neutralizing antibodies against the Wuhan variant by 2-40-fold depending on the initial levels of antibodiesThe large boosting effect of ABNCoV2 elevated the neutralizing antibodies to levels reported to be highly efficacious (>90%) against SARS-CoV-21A similar fold increase was observed for all SARS-CoV-2 variants tested (Wuhan, Alpha, Beta and Delta) following the booster vaccination with ABNCoV2The vaccine was well-tolerated, with no serious adverse events reportedThese initial results confirm the potential of ABNCoV2 to function as a universal COVID-19 booster vaccineThe Company’s management will host a conference call tomorrow at 2 pm CET (8 am EST) to discuss the results COPENHAGEN, Denmark, December 5, 2021 – Bavarian Nordic A/S (OMX: BAVA), a fully integrated vaccines company, announced today positive topline results f
Bavarian Nordic rapporterer positive toplinjeresultater fra fase 2-forsøg med sin COVID-19 vaccinekandidat5.12.2021 18:21:41 CET | pressemeddelelse
Bavarian Nordics COVID-19 vaccinekandidat uden hjælpestof (adjuvant), ABNCoV2 (100μg), demonstrerede i et fase 2 forsøg en solid boostereffekt, ved at forhøje de eksisterende niveauer af SARS-CoV-2 neutraliserende antistoffer mod Wuhan varianten 2-40 gange afhængigt af de initiale antistofniveauerDen høje boostereffekt af ABNCoV2 forhøjede niveauet af neutraliserende antistoffer til niveauer som er blevet rapporterede som værende yderst effektive (>90%) mod SARS-CoV-21En lignende forhøjelse blev observeret for alle testede SARS-CoV-2 varianter (Wuhan, Alpha, Beta og Delta) efter boostervaccination med ABNCoV2Vaccinen var veltolereret med ingen rapporterede alvorlige bivirkningerDisse toplinjeresultater bekræfter ABNCoV2’s potentiale til at fungere som en universel COVID-19 boostervaccineVirksomhedens ledelse vil afholde en telefonkonference i morgen kl. 14:00 CET for at diskutere resultaterne KØBENHAVN, Danmark, 5. december 2021 – Bavarian Nordic A/S (OMX: BAVA), et fuldt integreret va
Galapagos increases share capital through subscription right exercises3.12.2021 22:01:00 CET | Press release
Mechelen, Belgium; 3 December 2021, 22.01 CET; regulated information – Galapagos NV (Euronext & NASDAQ: GLPG) announces a share capital increase arising from subscription right exercises. Galapagos issued 22,600 new ordinary shares on 3 December 2021, for a total capital increase (including issuance premium) of €578,700.00. Pursuant to the subscription right exercise program of Galapagos’ management board, members of the management board automatically are committed to exercise a minimum number of subscription rights, subject to certain conditions. In accordance with the rules of this program, one management board member exercised 5,000 subscription rights. In accordance with Belgian transparency legislation1, Galapagos notes that its total share capital currently amounts to €354,582,005.11, the total number of securities conferring voting rights amounts to 65,552,721, which is also the total number of voting rights (the “denominator”), and all securities conferring voting rights and al
Sampo plc’s share buybacks 03/12/20213.12.2021 21:30:00 CET | Press release
SAMPO PLC STOCK EXCHANGE RELEASE 03/12/2021 at 10:30 pm Sampo plc’s share buybacks 03/12/2021 On 03/12/2021 Sampo plc (business code 0142213-3, LEI 743700UF3RL386WIDA22) has acquired its own A shares (ISIN code FI0009003305) as follows: Sampo plc’s share buybacksAggregated daily volume (in number of shares)Daily weighted average price of the purchased shares*Market (MIC Code)23,68743.29AQEU27,42643.28CEUX4,32043.37TQEX72,59243.31XHELTOTAL128,02543.30 *rounded to two decimals On 1 October 2021, Sampo announced a share buyback programme of up to a maximum of EUR 750 million in compliance with the Market Abuse Regulation (EU) 596/2014 (MAR) and the Commission Delegated Regulation (EU) 2016/1052. The programme, which started on 4 October 2021, is based on the authorization granted by Sampo's Annual General Meeting on 19 May 2021. After the disclosed transactions, the company owns in total 6,263,553 Sampo A shares representing 1.13 per cent of the total number of shares in Sampo plc. Detail
Projekt Öyfjellet försenat – beräknas färdigställas under första kvartalet 20223.12.2021 21:15:00 CET | Pressemelding
Hässleholm den 3 december 2021 I delårsrapporten för det tredje kvartalet, som offentliggjordes den 18 november 2021, kommunicerade Eolus att det finns risk för försening i färdigställandet av det norska 400 MW projektet Öyfjellet. Baserat på uppdaterad information om byggprocessen beräknar Eolus nu att vindparken färdigställs under det första kvartalet 2022. Per idag, den 3 december 2021, har samtliga 72 turbiner färdigmonterats. 34 turbiner har börjat generera el. Huvudskälen till förseningen är utmanande väderförhållanden, vilket har påverkat installationsarbetet, samt Covid-19 relaterade orsaker som begränsat både resemöjligheterna för personal och lett till leveransförseningar avseende komponenter. Förseningen kommer att ha en negativ påverkan på Eolus projektmarginal. För ytterligare information kontakta: Per Witalisson, VD, telefon +46 (0)70-265 16 15 Johan Hammarqvist, kommunikationschef, telefon +46 (0)720-50 59 11 Kort om Eolus Eolus Vind är en av Nordens ledande projektörer