Acarix AB (publ) publishes Interim Report, January – March 2022
Malmö, Sweden, May 11, 2022
Acarix AB (publ) publishes Interim Report, January – March 2022
Increased commercial momentum and great interest in CADScor® System on the US market
2022 has started off positiv with important steps on the US market, recruitment of key staff and continued validation that our business model works. We report doubled sales of patches compared with the corresponding quarter of 2021. A strong signal that confirms the leverage and the clinical relevance of our CADScor® System. We continue to work in a focused manner to reach our goal of 3,000 systems sold in 2024 corresponding to sales of SEK 200 million and a gross margin of over 80 percent.
Extract from CEO Helen Ljungdahl Round’s message to the Interim Report.
First quarter of 2022 compared with the same period 2021
- Revenues amounted to SEK 1,325 thousand (723), with a gross profit of SEK 1,054 thousand (530) and a gross margin of 79,5 percent (73,3).
- During the first quarter, 14 (14) CADScor® Systems and 2,560 (1,260) disposable patches were sold. 96 percent growth in patch sales generated from increased consumption by existing customers.
- Operating expenses amounted to SEK 15,802 thousand (12,214).
- Profit before tax amounted to SEK –14,846 thousand (–11,722).
- Net cash flow for the period amounted to SEK 53,170 thousand (–9,198).
- Cash and cash equivalents amounted to SEK 68,744 thousand (55,027).
- Earnings per share amounted to SEK –0.06 (–0.08). No dilution arose.
- Received the first order in the US market in parallel with 33 evaluations completed and planned.
- New executive management and US management in place.
Events in the first quarter, 2022
- On January 10 the company announced the appointment of US based Helen Ljungdahl Round as new CEO with immediate effect. Helen was at the appointment President of Acarix USA Inc. and will continue to be based in the US in her capacity as new group CEO of Acarix. Helen has more than 25 years of leadership experience in strategy, product innovation, business management, and marketing and sales in both the pharmaceutical and medical technology industry. Helen has had many international managerial and executive roles within Merck & Co, Inc, working in North America, EU, Middle East/Africa, Latin America and Asia. Her career also includes roles as CEO of AMNICELL, a biotech start-up based in New York City, and as Senior Vice President of Global Marketing & Business Development for GN Hearing Denmark.
- On february 9 the company announced the expansion of its portfolio and submits a breakthrough designation request for its innovative technology for heart failure diagnosis with the Food and Drug Administration (FDA) in USA. “I am very proud of this FDA submission, and we believe the Seismo System has the potential to radically improve early diagnosis of heart failure. The Seismo System provides AI-based rapid access to diagnostics information, which can help better guide optimal patient care and yield improved clinical outcomes faster. We are expecting a response from FDA in April.” says Helen Ljungdahl Round, CEO.
- On March 11 Acarix announced first order of the CADScor® System in the US from Apex Heart and Vascular Center led by renowned cardiologist Dr. Anuj Shah. The CADScor® System will used at the New Jersey-based APEX clinics for rapid AI-based diagnostics of patients with chest pain. “I’m excited about bringing the CADScor® System to our APEX clinics and evaluating the technology with our patients. This rapid AI-based technology can help improve the diagnosis of many patients experiencing chest pain and provide for rapid rule out of patients at low risk,” comments Dr. Anuj Shah, MD, Cardiologist and Founder of Apex clinics.
- On February 18, Acarix holds a capital market day and updates the market on strategy, markets and objectives. The company announces that the focus markets are the USA and Germany, where the company has established wholly owned subsidiaries with its own sales organizations. The US market is estimated to account for more than 75 percent of the company's revenue over the next three-year period. The market potential in the USA is estimated at up to 18 million patients, corresponding to a market value in excess of SEK 5 billion. The company estimates that the Life Time Value (LTV) of a delivered CADScor®, including the use of disposable patches, will amount to SEK 300 thousand over 3 years with a gross margin exceeding 80 percent. The previously announced goal of reaching sales of SEK 200 million in 2024 and a gross margin of at least 80 percent remains. This corresponds to an established base of 3,000 CADScor® Systems by the end of 2024, with emphasis on the US market.
Events after March 31, 2022
- On April 1 Acarix announced that The Food and Drug Administration (FDA) has requested supplementary information in reviewing the breakthrough designation request from Acarix for its innovative AI-based technology for heart failure diagnosis in USA. “The team is now prioritizing the work based on the concrete proposals for supplementation we have received so that we can respond to the FDA as soon as possible. Our goal is to expand our AI-based technology to also include heart failure, where rapid access to diagnostic information also can guide optimal patient care and yield improved clinical outcomes faster” says Helen Ljungdahl Round, CEO.
- On April 11 Acarix announced the notice of Annual General Meeting to be held on Wednesday 11 May 2022 at 10:00 AM at the Baker & McKenzie Advokatbyrå's office on Vasagatan 7 in Stockholm.
For more information contact:
Helen Ljungdahl Round, CEO, phone +1 267 809 1225, +46 730 770283, email email@example.com
Christian Lindholm, CFO, phone +46 705 118333, email Christian.firstname.lastname@example.org
The information was provided, through the agency of the above contact person, for publication at the time specified by the company's news distributor, GlobeNewswire.
Acarix is a Swedish medical device company that innovates solutions for rapid AI-based rule out of coronary artery disease (CAD). The CE approved and FDA DeNovo cleared Acarix CADScor®System is intended for patients experiencing chest pain with suspected CAD and designed to help reduce millions of unnecessary, invasive and costly diagnostic procedures. The CADScor®System calculates a patient-specific CAD-score non-invasively in less than 10 minutes and can help rule out more than one third of patients with at least 96% certainty (in a population with approx. 10% CAD prevalence). Acarix is listed on the Nasdaq First North Premier Growth Market (ticker: ACARIX). Redeye AB (+46 (0)8 121 576 90, email@example.com) is Certified Advisor of Acarix. For more information, please visit www.acarix.com.
AttachmentsTo view this piece of content from www.globenewswire.com, please give your consent at the top of this page.
To view this piece of content from ml-eu.globenewswire.com, please give your consent at the top of this page.
About GlobeNewswire by notified
One Liberty Plaza - 165 Broadway
NY 10006 New York
GlobeNewswire by notified is one of the world's largest newswire distribution networks, specializing in the delivery of corporate press releases financial disclosures and multimedia content to the media, investment community, individual investors and the general public.
Subscribe to releases from GlobeNewswire by notified
Subscribe to all the latest releases from GlobeNewswire by notified by registering your e-mail address below. You can unsubscribe at any time.
Latest releases from GlobeNewswire by notified
Media Advisory: Bombardier to Host Special Celebration at the European Business Aviation Conference and Exhibition in Geneva20.5.2022 23:30:00 CEST | Press release
GENEVA, May 20, 2022 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) -- Bombardier will host a special live and virtual event at the European Business Aviation Convention and Exhibition (EBACE) in Geneva on Monday, May 23, 2022. The event, led by Éric Martel, President and CEO, Bombardier, will highlight the continued ingenuity, innovation and leadership that is an integral part of Bombardier’s DNA. Date:Monday, May 23, 2022Time:11:00 a.m. – 11:45 a.m. (Central European Time) 5:00 a.m. – 5:45 a.m. (Eastern Time; North America)Venue:Geneva Palexpo Route François-Peyrot 30, 1218 Le Grand-Saconnex, Switzerland Bombardier Booth Z117 For those unable to attend in person, the event will also be available live on LinkedIn and Facebook at the following links: LinkedIn Event: https://www.linkedin.com/events/anewerabegins-unenouvelle-recom6931966844190781440/ Facebook Event:https://fb.me/e/1TJdkC7rS YouTube Event:https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DdotViyJROc About Bombardier Bombardier is a global leader in aviation, focused on
EVS Q1 2022 Business Update – Continued Strong Momentum20.5.2022 17:45:00 CEST | Press release
EVS Q1 2022 BUSINESS UPDATE – CONTINUED STRONG MOMENTUM Liège, Belgium, May 20, 2022 EVS, global leader in live video technology for broadcast and new media productions, today announces its business update for the first quarter ending 31 March 2022. HIGHLIGHTS The secured revenue* at end of March 2022 is at EUR 91,0 million Secured revenue excluding Big Event Rental is at EUR 81.8 million versus EUR 54.1 million at the same date last year, a growth of +51,2%Secured revenue for Big Event Rental is set at EUR 9.2 millionOrder intake for 2022 demonstrating important wins across the worldMediaInfra performance underlining success of past acquisition (Axon)Gross margin evolves according to expectations and operational expenses remain in line with the full year guidance set forward *secured revenue, formally reported as booked revenue, includes the already recognized revenue as well as open orders on hand that will be recognized as revenue in 2022 COMMENTS Serge Van Herck, CEO comments the b
Cool Company Ltd. – Mandatory Notification Of Trade20.5.2022 16:27:38 CEST | Press release
EPS Ventures Ltd., close associate of Cyril Ducau, Chair of the Board of Cool Company Ltd. (the “Company”), has on 16 May 2022 acquired 15,028 shares and on 19 May 2022 acquired 1,394 shares in the Company at a price of NOK 88.00 per share. Following the transaction, EPS Ventures Ltd. holds a total of 15,054,841 shares in the Company, equivalent to 37.63% of the Company’s shares. Please see attached notification form in accordance with the Market Abuse Regulation article 19. This information is subject to the disclosure requirements pursuant to section 5-12 of the Norwegian Securities Trading Act. Attachment Primary insider notification forms
CONDITIONS FOR RIKSBANK REVERSED AUCTIONS SEK MUNICIPAL BONDS20.5.2022 16:20:00 CEST | Press release
Anbudsförfarande kommuner och regioner, 2022-05-24BondsFixed rate notes issued in SEK by Municipalities or Regions with maturity in: 2025 The following issuers are accepted for delivery: JÖNKÖPINGS KOMMUN SKÅNE LÄNS LANDSTING NACKA KOMMUN VELLINGE KOMMUN VÄSTERÅS KOMMUN HUDDINGE KOMMUN BORÅS KOMMUN HELSINGBORGS KOMMUN STOCKHOLMS LÄNS LANDSTING STOCKHOLMS KOMMUN GÖTEBORGS KOMMUN MALMÖ KOMMUN Delivery may not be made in Bonds purchased by the Counterparty from the issuer less than one week prior to the date for announcing the Specific terms, i.e. the purchase may not have been made after: 2022-05-13BidsBids are made to tel 08-696 69 70 and confirmed in writing by a filled-in Bid form by e-mail to EOL@riksbank.se Bid date2022-05-24Bid times10.00-11.00 (CET/CEST) on the Bid dateRequested volume (corresponding nominal amount)SEK 500 +/- 500 millionHighest permitted bid volume (corresponding nominal amount)The total bid volume from one Counterparty for the two Credit rating classes may not e
CONDITIONS FOR RIKSBANK REVERSED AUCTIONS SEK GOVERNMENT BONDS20.5.2022 16:20:00 CEST | Press release
Bid procedure, 2022-05-27BondsSWEDISH GOVERNMENT: 1056. SE0004517290. 2032-06-01 SWEDISH GOVERNMENT: 1059, SE0007125927, 2026-11-12 Bid date2022-05-27Bid times09.00-10.00 (CET/CEST) on the Bid dateRequested volume (corresponding nominal amount)1056: 750 mln SEK +/-400 mln SEK 1059: 750 mln SEK +/-400 mln SEK Highest permitted bid volume (corresponding nominal amount)1056: 750 mln SEK per bid 1059: 750 mln SEK per bid Lowest permitted bid volume (corresponding nominal amount)SEK 50 million per bidExpected allocation timeNot later than 10.15 (CET/CEST) on the Bid dateDelivery and payment date2022-05-31Delivery of bondsTo the Riksbank's account in Euroclear Sweden AB's securities settlement system 1 4948 6383 Stockholm, 2022-05-20 This is a translation of the special terms and conditions published on www.riksbank.se. In the case of any inconsistency between the English translation and the Swedish language version, the Swedish language version shall prevail. Complete terms and conditions c