Nine-month interim report (Q3) 2023
Bemærk venligst, at rapporten udelukkende forefindes på engelsk
ALK delivers 8% revenue growth with operating profit up 128% in Q3 (unaudited)
ALK saw growth in all sales regions in Q3, led by sales of tablets and SCIT. As expected, European tablet sales picked up and grew by 14%, mainly driven by new patient initiations. Operating profit (EBIT) increased by 128% in local currencies on sales growth and gross margin improvements.
Q3 2023 financial highlights
Comparative figures for Q3 2022 are shown in brackets. Revenue growth rates are stated in local currencies, unless otherwise indicated
- Total revenue increased by 8% in local currencies to DKK 1,110 million (1,062), equalling 9% growth when disregarding the one-year rebate increase in Germany. Currencies lowered reported growth by 3 p.p.
- Tablet sales increased by 10% to DKK 491 million (458) on 14% growth in Europe and 26% growth in North America while sales in International markets decreased 5% due to phasing of product shipments to Japan.
- Combined SCIT/SLIT-drops sales increased by 23% to DKK 484 million (407), fuelled by continued growth across Europe and an extraordinarily high level of product shipments to China.
- Sales of Other products and services decreased by 28% to DKK 135 million (197) as Jext® sales, as anticipated, declined steeply due to intermittent supply shortages from ALK’s contract manufacturer of adrenaline-filled cartridges. The decline in Jext® sales lowered overall revenue growth by 4 p.p. in Q3.
- Operating profit (EBIT) increased by 128% in local currencies and by 116% in reported currency to DKK 147 million (68) on sales growth, gross margin improvements and a modest decline in capacity costs, as certain sales and marketing activities saw some phasing between Q3 and Q4.
Financial performance for the first nine months 2023
|in DKKm||9M 2023||9M 2022||Growth (local currencies)||Growth (reported)|
|EBIT margin - %||14%||10%|
Progress on strategic priorities
- Based on the recent successfully completed Phase 3 trial, ALK has started preparing a registration application for authorities in Europe and Canada with the aim of expanding the indication of the tree tablet (ITULAZAX®) to include patients aged five to 17.
- Registration applications with the aim of expanding indications for the house dust mite (HDM) tablet (ACARIZAX®) to include children are expected to be submitted to the European and American authorities in the near future.
- First interim readouts from the Phase 1 trial of the tablet treatment for peanut allergy are still expected end-2023.
- The regulatory review of the BLA for the HDM tablet in China is ongoing.
Unchanged 2023 outlook
The full-year revenue and earnings outlook remains unchanged:
- Revenue is expected to grow by 8-10% organically in local currencies, equivalent to 9-11% growth, disregarding the one-year, temporary mandatory rebate increase in Germany.
- Global tablet sales and SCIT/SLIT-drops sales are still expected to grow by double digits respectively in the second half of the year. ALK still expects ~10% growth in tablet sales in Europe for the second half year. Full-year tablet growth is still expected within the previously communicated range.
- The EBIT margin is still expected to increase from 10% in 2022 to 13-15% on sales growth, efficiencies, economies of scale and lower R&D costs.
Commenting on the Q3 results, ALK’s new CEO Peter Halling said: “ALK’s Q3 results met our expectations, and we remain on course to deliver on our full-year sales and earnings outlook. We are pleased to see sales growth in every region, particularly the increasing tablet growth in Europe due to the introduction of AIT treatments to more patients. Additionally, we are excited about the positive results from the recent Phase 3 paediatric studies, reinforcing our long-term growth prospects. Being new to the company, I want to thank all employees for their warm welcome and for their dedicated efforts.”
Hørsholm, 15 November 2023
For further information, contact:
Investor Relations: Per Plotnikof, tel. +45 4574 7527, mobile +45 2261 2525
Media: Maiken Riise Andersen, tel. +45 5054 1434
Today, ALK is hosting a conference call for analysts and investors at 1.30 p.m. (CET) at which Management will review the financial results and the outlook. The conference call will be audio cast on https://ir.alk.net where the relevant presentation will be available shortly before the call begins.
To register for the conference call, please use this link https://dpregister.com/sreg/10183783/fad25cbd21 and follow the registration instructions. You will receive an email from firstname.lastname@example.org with dial-in details, including a passcode and a pin code. Please make sure to whitelist email@example.com and/or check your spam filter. We advise you to register on the day before the call at the latest.
Vedhæftet filFor at se dette indhold fra www.globenewswire.com, så skal du give din accept på toppen af denne side.
For at se dette indhold fra ml-eu.globenewswire.com, så skal du give din accept på toppen af denne side.
Information om GlobeNewswire by notified
One Liberty Plaza - 165 Broadway
NY 10006 New York
GlobeNewswire by notified is one of the world's largest newswire distribution networks, specializing in the delivery of corporate press releases financial disclosures and multimedia content to the media, investment community, individual investors and the general public.
Følg pressemeddelelser fra GlobeNewswire by notified
Skriv dig op her, og modtag pressemeddelelser på e-mail. Indtast din e-mail, klik på abonner, og følg instruktionerne i den udsendte e-mail.
Flere pressemeddelelser fra GlobeNewswire by notified
Challenging conditions to persist, but expectation of clearer rate outlook and tightening bid-ask spreads on the horizon29.11.2023 01:00:00 CET | Press release
Industrial & logistics, multifamily, and office remain top picks for 2024 with investors deploying new strategies in each sector LONDON and TORONTO, Nov. 28, 2023 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) -- The 2024 Global Investor Outlook released by Colliers (NASDAQ and TSX: CIGI) today reveals that challenging market conditions will persist into 2024, though expectations of a clearer rate outlook and tightening bid-ask spreads are on the horizon. Lower investment activity has constrained pricing discovery due to limited data points. As investors continue to seek stability in policy environments, industrial & logistics (I&L), multifamily and office sectors largely remain their top picks in the upcoming year. Pockets of opportunity are continuing to emerge as distress forces companies to unlock capital via sale and leasebacks, and property funds face redemption pressures. Furthermore, a record proportion (25%) of investors surveyed have ESG-based disposal and acquisition strategies in place – up from 10% jus
Nyxoah Strengthens its Executive Leadership Team28.11.2023 22:30:00 CET | Press release
Nyxoah Strengthens its Executive Leadership Team Francis Kim appointed as Chief Regulatory and Quality Officer Mont-Saint-Guibert, Belgium – November 28, 2023, 10:30pm CET / 4:30pm ET – Nyxoah SA (Euronext Brussels/Nasdaq: NYXH) (“Nyxoah” or the “Company”), a medical technology company focused on the development and commercialization of innovative solutions to treat Obstructive Sleep Apnea (OSA), today announced the appointment of Francis Kim as Chief Regulatory and Quality Officer. Francis will be leading Nyxoah’s Global Regulatory and Quality departments. Francis is a highly experienced global regulatory and quality executive in the healthcare industry, having spent more than 25 years in the medical device and life sciences sector. Francis has led Regulatory and Quality departments at Medtronic, Philips, and other companies, including introducing several innovative products and therapies to the market. “Nyxoah is entering the most exciting time in the Company’s history, with data fro
Alvotech Reports Financial Results for First Nine Months of 2023 and Provides Business Update28.11.2023 22:15:00 CET | Press release
Product revenue for the nine months of 2023 increased to $29.8 million, compared to $11.1 million for the same period in 2022Marketing authorization was received for AVT04 in Canada and Japan, the first for a biosimilar to Stelara® (ustekinumab)The European Medicines Agency proposed market authorization for AVT04 in the 30 member states of the European Economic Area, pending a final decision by the European CommissionApprovability of AVT02 and AVT04 in the U.S. now pending satisfactory US Food and Drug Administration (FDA) inspection of Alvotech’s facility in Iceland, currently expected on January 10 – 19, 2024Management will conduct a business update conference call and live webcast on Thursday November 29, 2023, at 8:00 am ET (13:00 pm GMT) Alvotech (NASDAQ: ALVO, or the “Company”), a global biotech company specializing in the development and manufacture of biosimilar medicines for patients worldwide, today reported unaudited financial results for the first nine months of 2023 and pr
RÄTTELSE: Saknad MAR-etikett i tidigare pressmeddelande – ”Anoto ingår ett avtal för 1,1 miljoner USD avseende försäljning av pennor och treåriga mjukvarulicenser med Deutsche Telekom”28.11.2023 19:15:00 CET | Pressemelding
Anoto Group AB (publ) utfärdar en rättelse av pressmeddelandet som publicerades tidigare idag. Rättelsen avser att pressmeddelandet saknade MAR-etikett med hänvisning till EU:s marknadsmissbruksförordning (MAR). Följande information skulle ha varit med i pressmeddelandet: ”Denna information är sådan information som Anoto Group AB (publ) är skyldigt att offentliggöra enligt EU:s marknadsmissbruksförordning. Informationen lämnades genom ovanstående kontaktpersons försorg för offentliggörande den 28 november 2023, kl. 08:00 CEST.” Nedan publiceras det korrekta pressmeddelandet i sin helhet. Stockholm den 28 november 2023 – Anoto Group AB (publ) ("Anoto" eller "Bolaget") meddelar idag att bolaget har tecknat ett upphandlingsavtal som avser försäljning av nya pennor, samt ett treårigt mjukvarulicensavtal med Deutsche Telekom AG (”Deutsche Telekom”). Deutsche Telekom är en av de äldsta kunderna inom Anotos affärssegment Forms och avtalet innebär att ramverket inom vilket Anoto och Deutsche T
CORRECTION: Missing MAR label in previous press release – “Anoto enters into a USD 1.1 million agreement for the sale of pens and three-year software licenses with Deutsche Telekom”28.11.2023 19:15:00 CET | Press release
Anoto Group AB (publ) issues a correction to the press release published earlier today. The correction refers to the fact that the press release lacked a MAR label with reference to the EU Market Abuse Regulation (MAR). The following information should have been included in the press release: ”This information constitutes inside information as Anoto Group AB (publ) is obliged to disclose under the EU Market Abuse Regulation 596/2014. The information was provided by the contact person above for publication 28 November 2023, at 08:00 CEST.” The correct press release is published in its entirety below. Stockholm, 28 November 2023 – Anoto Group AB (publ) ("Anoto" or the "Company") today announces that it has signed a procurement agreement relating to the sale of new pens, plus a new three-year software licensing agreement with Deutsche Telekom AG (“Deutsche Telekom”). Deutsche Telekom is one of the oldest customers of Anoto’s Forms business and this agreement means that the framework withi