Know how to manage and prevent diabetes for a better life
ISA proudly supports World Diabetes Day 2023 with its awareness campaign
BRUSSELS, Belgium, Nov. 14, 2023 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) -- The International Sweeteners Association (ISA) proudly renews its support to World Diabetes Day (WDD), organised each year on 14th November by the International Diabetes Federation (IDF) and in 2023 with the theme ‘Know your risk, know your response’.1
1 in 10 adults worldwide, approximately 537 million people, have diabetes and half a billion more are at risk of developing type 2 diabetes.2 Though, type 2 diabetes and its complications can be delayed or prevented by adopting and maintaining healthy habits, including following a balanced diet and being physically active. This is why the ISA joins the call to help increase awareness of diabetes risk and response.
Discover the latest nutritional guidelines for diabetes management
Knowing your risk of type 2 diabetes to help delay or prevent the condition is important. Knowing what to do and eat for better diabetes control is also vital! The ISA supports health professionals in staying informed of the latest evidence-based nutritional guidelines to inform discussions with patients on diabetes prevention and management. Hence, the ISA online campaign for World Diabetes Day 2023 aims to raise awareness about the importance of knowing what to eat for diabetes prevention and management, while sharing the latest nutritional guidelines for diabetes management and the recommendations for the intake of low/no calorie sweeteners in diabetes:
- Watch the ISA videopresenting recent clinical practice and nutritional guidelines for diabetes management, including about low/no calorie sweeteners
- Download the new ISA factsheet for healthcare professionals on low/no calorie sweeteners in diabetes
- Discover chapter 5 of the ISA booklet dedicated to “Low/no calorie sweeteners, diabetes and cardiometabolic health”
- Join the ISA webinar organised together with the Brazilian Society for Food and Nutrition (Sociedade Brasileira de Alimentação e Nutrição - SBAN) on 1st December 2023 on the theme “Recommendations and regulation on the use of low/no calorie sweeteners: Global and Brazilian perspectives” (more information to be available soon).
Low/no calorie sweeteners as part of healthy diet for people with diabetes
Alongside other cornerstones of diabetes management, a healthy diet has the potential to improve glucose control, reduce the risk of diabetes complications and improve quality of life. Diabetes and nutrition-related organisations globally recognise that low/no calorie sweeteners can be safely used by people with diabetes to help reduce overall energy and sugars intake without affecting blood glucose control, and thus be a helpful strategy to aid with glycaemic control and weight management.3-8 This was recognised, among others, in the “Evidence-based European recommendations for the dietary management of diabetes” updated in April 2023 by the Diabetes and Nutrition Study Group (DNSG) of the European Association for the Study of Diabetes (EASD)3 and by the American Diabetes Association (ADA) in their annually updated "Standards of Care in Diabetes" including the ADA's current clinical practice and medical nutrition therapy recommendations.4
ISA activities for World Diabetes Day 2023 have been endorsed by diabetes organisations including the Brazilian diabetes association (ANAD)9, the Brazilian Association of Diabetes Educators (ANBED)10 and the Brazilian Federation of Diabetes Organisations (FENAD).11
Share the ISA campaign for World Diabetes Day 2023 on social media with your friends, family and network by using the dedicated hashtags #ISA4WDD, #WorldDiabetesDay and #KnowYourRisk.
More information about ISA activities for World Diabetes Day is available here.
- More information about World Diabetes Day 2023 is available on the WDD website available at: https://worlddiabetesday.org
- IDF, Diabetes Atlas 10th edition 2021. Available at: https://diabetesatlas.org/atlas/tenth-edition/ (Accessed 20 October 2023)
- Diabetes and Nutrition Study Group (DNSG) of the European Association for the Study of Diabetes (EASD). Evidence-based European recommendations for the dietary management of diabetes. Diabetologia. 2023 Jun;66(6):965-985. https://doi.org/10.1007/s00125-023-05894-8
- ElSayed NA, Aleppo G, Aroda VR, et al, on behalf of the American Diabetes Association. 5. Facilitating Positive Health Behaviors and Well-being to Improve Health Outcomes: Standards of Care in Diabetes-2023. Diabetes Care. 2023 Jan 1;46(Supple 1):S68-S96. https://doi.org/10.2337/dc23-S005
- Diabetes UK. The use of low or no calorie sweeteners. Position Statement (Updated December 2018). Available at: https://www.diabetes.org.uk/professionals/position-statements-reports/food-nutrition-lifestyle/use-of-low-or-no-calorie-sweetners (Accessed 20 October 2023)
- Laviada-Molina H, Escobar-Duque ID, Pereyra E, et al. Consenso de la Asociación Latinoamericana de Diabetes sobre uso de edulcorantes no calóricos en personas con diabetes [Consensus of the Latin-American Association of Diabetes on low calorie sweeteners in persons with diabetes]. Rev ALAD. 2018;8:152-74.
- Sievenpiper JL, Chan CB, Dworatzek PD, Freeze C, Williams SL. Diabetes Canada 2018 Clinical Practice Guidelines for the Prevention and Management of Diabetes in Canada: Nutrition Therapy. Can J Diabetes. 2018;42(Suppl 1):S64-S79
- MacLeod J, Franz MJ, Handu D, et al. Academy of Nutrition and Dietetics Nutrition Practice Guideline for Type 1 and Type 2 Diabetes in Adults: Nutrition Intervention Evidence Reviews and Recommendations. J Acad Nutr Diet. 2017;117(10):1637-1658
- Associação Nacional de Atenção ao Diabetes
- Associação Nacional Brasileira de Educadores em Diabetes
- Federação Nacional de Associações e Entitades de Diabetes
ISA - Avenue de Tervueren 13A – Bte 7, B-1040 Brussels, Belgium - Tel: +32 (0)2 736 53 54 - Fax: +32 (0)2 732 34 27
E-mail: email@example.com - Website: www.sweeteners.org - TVA BE 424.301.259
To view this piece of content from ml.globenewswire.com, please give your consent at the top of this page.
About GlobeNewswire by notified
One Liberty Plaza - 165 Broadway
NY 10006 New York
GlobeNewswire by notified is one of the world's largest newswire distribution networks, specializing in the delivery of corporate press releases financial disclosures and multimedia content to the media, investment community, individual investors and the general public.
Subscribe to releases from GlobeNewswire by notified
Subscribe to all the latest releases from GlobeNewswire by notified by registering your e-mail address below. You can unsubscribe at any time.
Latest releases from GlobeNewswire by notified
Dividend Declaration7.12.2023 08:00:00 CET | Press release
Volta Finance Limited (VTA/VTAS) Dividend Declaration NOT FOR RELEASE, DISTRIBUTION OR PUBLICATION, IN WHOLE OR IN PART, IN OR INTO THE UNITED STATES Guernsey, 7 December 2023 Volta Finance Limited ("the Company") hereby announces that it has declared a quarterly interim dividend of €0.135 per share payable on 25 January 2024 amounting to approximately €4.94 million, approximately equating to an annualised 8.25% of net asset value. The ex-dividend date is 21 December 2023 with a record date of 22 December 2023. The Company has arranged for its shareholders to be able to elect to receive their dividends in either Euros or Pounds Sterling. Shareholders will, by default, receive their dividends in Euros, unless they have instructed the Company’s Registrar, Computershare Investor Services (Guernsey) Limited (“Computershare”), to pay dividends in Pounds Sterling. Such instructions may be given to Computershare either electronically via CREST or by using the Currency Election Form which has
Tag Systems and Fingerprint Cards AB (Fingerprints™) to bring biometric card to market7.12.2023 08:00:00 CET | Press release
Global card manufacturer Tag Systems (part of AUSTRIACARD Holdings AG) has achieved Mastercard certification for its biometric card based on Fingerprint Cards’ sensor and STMicroelectronics STPay-Topaz-Bio solution. Banks and fintechs can now issue Mastercard-branded biometric payment cards to enhance convenience and security for cardholders. Roger Carrico, Vice President, Head of Sales & Business development, Payment & Access at Fingerprints comments: “In Tag Systems we have a partner that likes to lead the way with high-end payment services. Banks and fintechs can take advantage of the opportunity to differentiate, retain and acquire customers and drive revenues.” Jon Neeraas, CEO at Tag Systems adds: “With this certification, we are excited to support our partners in issuing top-of-wallet biometric cards that utilize Fingerprints and ST latest technologies. Together, we are creating convenient, hygienic, and secure transactions for all purchases.” Following a partnership agreement i
MC2 Therapeutics Announces Completion of Enrollment in MC2-25 Ph2 Chronic Kidney Disease-associated Pruritus Trial7.12.2023 08:00:00 CET | Press release
MC2 Therapeutics Announces Completion of Enrollment in MC2-25 Ph2 Chronic Kidney Disease-associated Pruritus Trial MC2-25 CKD is a first-in-class drug candidate and a potential breakthrough in the understanding and treatment of urea associated skin diseases that has puzzled scientists for decadesMC2-25 CKD uses a di-peptide as an iso-cyanate scavenger to inhibit carbamylation of amino acids and proteins in the skinMC2-25 CKD has the potential to become the world’s first approved treatment for pre-dialysis Chronic Kidney Disease-associated Pruritus (CKD-aP), a debilitating condition thought to affect a significant proportion of the ~800 million people globally who suffer from Chronic Kidney Disease (CKD)111 patients enrolled in the multi-center trial across Europe with topline results expected in Q2 2024 Copenhagen, December 7th, 2023 – MC2 Therapeutics, a commercial stage biotech company focused on developing novel treatment paradigms within immune-mediated and inflammatory conditions,
Sanoma Corporation - Managers' Transactions7.12.2023 08:00:00 CET | Press release
Sanoma Corporation, Managers’ Transactions, 7 December 2023 at 9:00 EET Sanoma Corporation - Managers' Transactions ___________________________________________ Person subject to the notification requirement Name: Holding Manutas Oy Position: Closely associated person (X) Legal person (1):Person Discharging Managerial Responsibilities In Issuer Name: Anna Herlin Position: Member of the Board Issuer: Sanoma Oyj LEI: 743700XJC24THUPK0S03 Notification type: INITIAL NOTIFICATION Reference number: 45422/5/6 ____________________________________________ Transaction date: 2023-12-05 Venue: BEUP Instrument type: SHARE ISIN: FI0009007694 Nature of transaction: ACQUISITION Transaction details (1): Volume: 2494 Unit price: 6.92 EUR Aggregated transactions (1): Volume: 2494 Volume weighted average price: 6.92 EUR ____________________________________________ Transaction date: 2023-12-05 Venue: CEUX Instrument type: SHARE ISIN: FI0009007694 Nature of transaction: ACQUISITION Transaction details (1): V
PGS Contract Award in Asia Pacific7.12.2023 08:00:00 CET | Press release
December 7, 2023, Oslo, Norway: PGS is awarded a 3D exploration contract in Asia Pacific. The Ramform Sovereign is scheduled to mobilize for the survey in December and the contract has a total duration of approximately 50 days. “We are very pleased with this contract award securing work for the Ramform Sovereign into first quarter next year. Most of our activities in Asia Pacific this year have been well pre-funded MultiClient projects. Now we are experiencing increasing contract tendering activity and see potential for more proprietary work in the region,” says Rune Olav Pedersen, President & CEO in PGS. PGS announces contract awards and MultiClient projects as stock exchange releases if the contract has a value of $10 million or more, MultiClient projects with a duration of 2 months or more, and strategically important contracts. FOR DETAILS, CONTACT:Bård Stenberg, VP IR & Corporate Communication Mobile: +47 992 45 235 *** PGS ASA and its subsidiaries (“PGS” or “the Company”) is a fu