MT Højgaard Holding A/S: Significant growth in Danish core business in Q1-Q3
FINANCIAL RESULTS Q1-Q3 2023
The profitability of the Danish core business continued its upward trend. However, Group results were negatively impacted by a substantial loss generated by MT Højgaard International, whose remaining activities in the North Atlantic region have now been put up for sale.
- Group revenue rose by 23% to around DKK 7.5 billion, and operating profit before special items decreased by 43% to DKK 95 million due to an operating loss of DKK 185 million in MT Højgaard International.
- The revenue of the Danish core business – MT Højgaard Danmark, Enemærke & Petersen and MT Højgaard Property Development – increased by 26% to around DKK 7 billion. The operating profit improved by 59% to DKK 280 million, and the operating margin rose to 4.0% from 3.2%.
- The result from continuing operations was a loss of 2 million compared to a profit of DKK 65 million last year. The decrease was due to the operating loss recorded by MT Højgaard International and write-downs in the business unit.
- Cash inflow generated by operating activities improved to DKK 426 million, compared with DKK 18 million last year.
- Interest-bearing debt was DKK 221 million, down from DKK 523 million last year.
INCREASING ORDER BOOK
The order book grew during the first nine months in spite of a more challenging market:
- The order book rose by 16% to DKK 14.3 billion. To this figure should be added orders awarded but not yet contracted and contributions from strategic construction partnerships and joint ventures.
- At DKK 7.9 billion, order intake reached the same level as last year. This was due to projects being postponed from the third to the fourth quarter and the fact that the business units maintained a cautious approach in order to ensure profitable growth in a market characterised by fiercer price competition.
OUTLOOK FOR 2023
On 27 October, MT Højgaard revised the financial outlook for 2023 after having reclassified MT Højgaard International as discontinuing operations. This outlook is maintained:
- Revenue is expected to increase to DKK 9.5-10.0 billion.
- Operating profit before special items is expected to be around DKK 400 million.
- Earnings from the Danish core business are expected to improve as a result of higher revenue.
- MT Højgaard International’s operating result will be recorded as “profit/(loss) from discontinuing operations” together with Scandi Byg and the effect of the earn-out agreement from the sale of Ajos in 2021.
“The positive trend continues for our Danish core business with double-digit growth in revenue and earnings, in spite of more challenging market conditions as expected. Our order book is healthy, and we are delivering on our strategic priorities. With the planned sale of the last of our international activities in the North Atlantic region, we bring ourselves in a position where we can invest all our efforts in further developing the Danish core business,” says CEO Henrik Mielke.
Contact: CEO Henrik Mielke and CFO Rasmus Untidt can be contacted through Louise Lykke at telephone +45 2270 9300.
Henrik Mielke and Rasmus Untidt will be presenting the interim financial report at a teleconference today (10 November 2023) at 10.00 am (CET). The teleconference can be followed live here (in Danish).
AttachmentsTo view this piece of content from www.globenewswire.com, please give your consent at the top of this page.
To view this piece of content from ml-eu.globenewswire.com, please give your consent at the top of this page.
About GlobeNewswire by notified
One Liberty Plaza - 165 Broadway
NY 10006 New York
GlobeNewswire by notified is one of the world's largest newswire distribution networks, specializing in the delivery of corporate press releases financial disclosures and multimedia content to the media, investment community, individual investors and the general public.
Subscribe to releases from GlobeNewswire by notified
Subscribe to all the latest releases from GlobeNewswire by notified by registering your e-mail address below. You can unsubscribe at any time.
Latest releases from GlobeNewswire by notified
Finanskalender for 20247.12.2023 10:29:26 CET | pressemeddelelse
Meddelelse nr. 11 - 2023 til Nasdaq Copenhagen 7. december 2023 Finanskalender for 2024 Bestyrelsen for BRØDRENE A & O JOHANSEN A/S har vedtaget følgende finanskalender for 2024: Frist for aktionærer for fremsættelse af emner på dagsordenen til den ordinære generalforsamling: 6. februar 2024 Årsrapport for 2023: 21. februar 2024 Ordinær generalforsamling: 20. marts 2024 Delårsrapport for 1. kvartal 2024: 24. april 2024 Delårsrapport for 1. halvår 2024: 14. august 2024 Delårsrapport for 1.-3. kvartal 2024: 23. oktober 2024 Yderligere information fås hos: Adm. direktør Niels A. Johansen Finansdirektør/viceadm. direktør Per Toelstang Brødrene A & O Johansen A/S Rørvang 3 2620 Albertslund Tlf.: 70 28 00 00 Med venlig hilsen BRØDRENE A & O JOHANSEN A/S Niels A. Johansen Vedhæftet fil Finanskalender for 2024
Notification of managers and closely related parties’ transactions with A.P. Møller - Mærsk A/S shares in connection with share buy-back program7.12.2023 09:36:29 CET | Press release
In connection with the announced share buy-back program in A.P. Møller - Mærsk A/S, A.P. Møller Holding A/S continuously sells shares pro rata and the market is to be informed accordingly – see the attached file. Attachment APMM Share buy-back APMH sale 06122023
Indberetning af ledende medarbejderes og disses nærtståendes transaktioner med A.P. Møller - Mærsk A/S aktier i forbindelse med aktietilbagekøbsprogram7.12.2023 09:36:29 CET | pressemeddelelse
I forbindelse med det annoncerede aktietilbagekøbsprogram i A.P. Møller - Mærsk A/S sælger A.P. Møller Holding A/S løbende aktier pro rata og markedet informeres følgeligt herom - se vedhæftede fil. Vedhæftet fil APMM Aktietilbagekøbsprogram APMH salg_06122023
Change in the composition of Sydbank’s Group Executive Management7.12.2023 09:15:00 CET | Press release
Company Announcement No 42/2023 Peberlyk 4 6200 Aabenraa, Denmark Tel +45 70 10 78 79 Fax +45 74 37 35 36 Sydbank A/S CVR No DK 12626509, Aabenraa sydbank.dk 7 December 2023 Dear Sirs Change in the composition of Sydbank’s Group Executive Management The position of Deputy Group Chief Executive with responsibility for Credits and Compliance etc. is handed over to a new member of the Group Executive Management from the Bank’s own ranks. Member of the Group Executive Management and Deputy Group Chief Executive Bjarne Larsen resigns from his position in this connection. Sydbank’s current Group Executive Vice President, Credits, Stig Westergaard, is appointed as Deputy Group Chief Executive with responsibility for Credits and Compliance etc. - The Board of Directors has decided to change the composition of the Group Executive Management. We wished to make a change with a new person in the important role as the officer in charge of Credits and Compliance. We find that Sydbank’s current Group
Sydbank ændrer sammensætningen i direktionen7.12.2023 09:15:00 CET | pressemeddelelse
Selskabsmeddelelse nr. 42/2023 Peberlyk 4 DK-6200 Aabenraa Telefon +45 70 10 78 79 Telefax +45 74 37 35 36 Sydbank A/S CVR-nr. DK 12626509, Aabenraa sydbank.dk 7. december 2023 Sydbank ændrer sammensætningen i direktionen Posten som bankdirektør med ansvar for bl.a. kredit og compliance bliver overdraget til nyt direktionsmedlem, der er fundet internt. Direktionsmedlem og bankdirektør Bjarne Larsen fratræder i den forbindelse. Sydbanks nuværende kreditdirektør Stig Westergaard udnævnes til bankdirektør med ansvar for bl.a. kredit og compliance. - Bestyrelsen har besluttet at ændre ved sammensætningen i direktionen. Vi har ønsket at gennemføre et skifte, med en ny person på den vigtige post som kredit og complianceansvarlig. Her har vi fundet, at Sydbanks nuværende kreditdirektør Stig Westergaard er et stærkt valg for området og banken. I bestyrelsen kender vi Stig Westergaard som en kompetent og meget behagelig samarbejdspartner, siger bestyrelsesformand Lars Mikkelgaard-Jensen. Farvel