DBV Technologies Announces 2-Year Results from Ongoing Phase 3 Open-Label Extension to the EPITOPE Trial (EPOPEX) of Viaskin™ Peanut in Toddlers
Montrouge, France, November 9, 2023
DBV Technologies Announces 2-Year Results from Ongoing Phase 3 Open-Label Extension to the EPITOPE Trial (EPOPEX) of Viaskin™ Peanut in Toddlers
- Viaskin Peanut showed improvement between months 12 and 24 of treatment across all efficacy parameters. Notably, 81.3% of subjects who completed the oral food challenge reached an eliciting dose of ≥1,000 mg after 24 months of treatment.
- 55.9% of subjects completed the oral food challenge at a cumulative dose of 3,444 mg without meeting stopping criteria.
- Among treatment-arm subjects from EPITOPE, there were no treatment-related anaphylactic or serious treatment-related adverse events in the second year of active treatment.
- DBV to highlight EPOPEX results in late-breaking oral abstract presentation at the American College of Allergy, Asthma, and Immunology (ACAAI) annual meeting on Saturday, November 11th at 9:35AM PT.
- Company to host investor conference call and webcast at 5:00pm ET today, Thursday, November 9th, to discuss the results.
DBV Technologies (Euronext: DBV – ISIN: FR0010417345 – Nasdaq Stock Market: DBVT), a clinical-stage biopharmaceutical company, today announced positive interim results from its ongoing Open-Label Extension (OLE) Study of EPITOPE (Phase 3 trial of Viaskin™ Peanut 250 µg [VP250] in toddlers ages 1 to 3 years), which is named EPOPEX. After completing participation in the EPITOPE study, eligible subjects could enroll in EPOPEX to receive a total of three years of Viaskin Peanut treatment. Double-blind placebo-controlled food challenges (DBPCFC) are conducted at the end of each year of treatment with safety assessed throughout the entire OLE. Importantly, all subjects remained blinded to their treatment assignment in EPITOPE until every patient completed EPITOPE and the database was locked; therefore, the decision to enter the OLE was not biased by the unblinding of the randomized treatment.
Twelve-Month EPITOPE OLE Interim Results:
- 244 subjects were randomized to the active arm of EPITOPE with 208 completing the study. 85% of eligible subjects (175 of 208) entered the OLE with 95% (166 of 175) participating in the DBPCFC at Month 24 of Viaskin™ Peanut 250 µg (“VP250”) treatment. Similar percentages were observed for the subjects randomized to the placebo arm of EPITOPE: 92% of eligible subjects (91 of 99) entered the OLE with 86% (78 of 91) participating in the DBPCFC at Month 12 of VP 250 treatment.
- The 175 and 91 subjects presented in the OLE cohorts (24 months and 12 months of VP250 treatment, respectively) are a subset of the subjects presented in the EPITOPE 12-month results (e.g., drop-outs, incomplete DBPCFC etc.).
- After 24 months of VP250, all efficacy parameters demonstrated an increase in treatment response relative to the corresponding EPITOPE 12-month results:
- 81.3% of participants reached an eliciting dose (ED) ≥1000 mg, or approximately 3 – 4 whole peanut kernels (64.2% in EPITOPE, n=244).
- 63.8% reached an ED ≥2000 mg (37.0% in EPITOPE, n=244).
- 55.9% completed the cumulative 3,444 mg DBPCFC without meeting stopping criteria (30.7% in EPITOPE, n=244).
- Using the EPITOPE primary endpoint definition, 83.9% of subjects were responders (67.0% in EPITOPE, n=244).
- Month-12 assessment of the efficacy parameters in the EPITOPE subjects (n=175) that entered the OLE further demonstrates the improvement in treatment response following an additional 12 months of treatment (24 months total)
- At month 12, 74.7%, reached an eliciting dose (ED) ≥1000 mg relative to 81.3% at Month 24.
- At month 12, 52.4% reached an ED ≥2000 mg relative to 63.8% at Month 24.
- The proportion who completed the cumulative 3,444 mg DBPCFC without meeting stopping criteria was 39.5% and 55.9%, at months 12 and 24, respectively.
- Using the EPITOPE primary endpoint definition, 77.4% were responders at Month 12 relative to 83.9% at month 24.
- 47.2% (17 of 36) of subjects that did not meet EPITOPE responder criteria at Month 12 did meet the responder criteria at Month 24.
- No treatment-related anaphylaxis or serious treatment-related adverse events occurred in the second year of active treatment. The frequency of local application site reaction decreased in the second year of treatment.
- Efficacy results for subjects that entered the OLE from the placebo arm of EPITOPE (i.e., crossed-over to VP250 and received 12-months of treatment and were thus 2-4 years-old at VP250 treatment initiation): 62.7% reached an ED ≥1000 mg, 36.5% reached an ED ≥2000 mg, 28.4% completed the DBPCFC without meeting stopping criteria and 68.0% met the EPITOPE responder definition. These results were consistent with the EPITOPE VP250 arm results. The safety data for this group were consistent with what was observed in EPITOPE. There was a single event of treatment-related anaphylaxis (after 12 months of active treatment).
“We are thrilled with the results generated from the two-year open-label extension to the Phase 3 EPITOPE trial. This OLE aimed to evaluate the continued efficacy, safety, and tolerability of Viaskin Peanut in toddlers in a real-world setting,” stated Daniel Tassé, Chief Executive Officer of DBV Technologies. “The data show that nearly 56% of subjects were able to consume a cumulative dose of 12 – 14 peanut kernels without meeting the pre-defined stopping criteria and more than 81% of subjects reached an eliciting dose of 3 – 4 peanut kernels.Recall that these are toddlers that began the study with an equivalent eliciting dose ranging from fractions of a peanut kernel to roughly one peanut kernel. This is a promising outcome for a community of peanut allergic toddlers where accidental exposure poses significant risk, and the current best practice – avoidance – places a daily burden on patients and families. These data further our belief that Viaskin Peanut has the potential to be the first FDA approved treatment for peanut allergic toddlers.”
The interim data from the EPOPEX OLE will be presented at the American College of Allergy, Asthma & Immunology (ACAAI) Annual Scientific Meeting, which is being held November 9-13, 2023, in Anaheim, CA. The data were submitted in as a late-breaking abstract and accepted for an oral abstract presentation.
The presentation and abstract details interim 12-month results from subjects previously enrolled in EPITOPE, a study of one year of epicutaneous immunotherapy with a patch containing 250 µg of peanut protein vs a placebo patch. The EPITOPE study resulted in a statistically significant treatment response vs placebo in 1-3-year-old peanut-allergic toddlers, as featured in a New England Journal of Medicine publication and editorial in May 2023.
“These interim data from the first 12 months of follow-up from the OLE demonstrate that Viaskin Peanut continued to generate a treatment effect beyond what was observed in EPITOPE,” stated Dr. Matthew Greenhawt, Children’s Hospital Colorado, lead author and study investigator. “As a clinician, I am pleased that Viaskin Peanut showed improvement between months 12 and 24 of treatment across all evaluated efficacy parameters. It is even more encouraging that this was achieved with no new safety signals and with fewer local application site reactions in year two versus year one. I look forward to progressing the EPITOPE OLE to its conclusion with the goal of assessing the long-term efficacy, safety, and tolerability of Viaskin Peanut.”
Late-Breaking Abstract (poster presentation):
“EPOPEX, Efficacy and Safety of Epicutaneous Immunotherapy in Peanut-allergic Toddlers: 1-year Open-Label Extension to EPITOPE”
- Presenter: Matthew C. Greenhawt, MD, MSc, MBA, FACAAI, Children’s Hospital Colorado, Anschutz Medical Campus, Aurora, CO.
- Session: Late-breaking Oral Abstracts - Session 1: Food Allergy
- Day: Saturday, November 11
- Time: 9:35 – 10:00 AM (PT)
- Location: Exhibit Hall C – ePoster Area – LIVE Presentation Stage
“On behalf of the food allergy community, we are so pleased to see the results from the open-label extension to the EPITOPE study" said Eleanor Garrow-Holding, CEO, Food Allergy and Anaphylaxis Connection Team. “Patients and families are eagerly awaiting FDA-approved options that may be appropriate for their unique medical needs and lifestyle. Viaskin Peanut, if approved, has the potential to be an efficacious and well-tolerated treatment with a promising safety profile. We look forward to DBV’s continued regulatory progress and the initiation of the COMFORT Toddlers safety study to support a future BLA submission and FDA’s potential review of this innovative product.”
Investor Conference Call and Webcast
DBV management will host an investor conference call and webcast today, November 9th, at 5:00pm EST, to discuss the EPOPEX data. This call is accessible via the below teleconferencing numbers and requesting the DBV Technologies call.
- United States: +1-844-481-2866
- International: +1-412-317-1859
A live webcast of the call will be available on the Investors & Media section of the Company’s website: https://www.dbv-technologies.com/investor-relations/. A replay of the presentation will also be available on DBV’s website after the event.
About DBV Technologies
DBV Technologies is developing Viaskin™, an investigational proprietary technology platform with broad potential applications in immunotherapy. Viaskin is based on epicutaneous immunotherapy, or EPIT™, and is DBV Technologies’ method of delivering biologically active compounds to the immune system through intact skin. With this new class of non-invasive product candidates, the Company is dedicated to safely transforming the care of food allergic patients. DBV Technologies’ food allergies programs include ongoing clinical trials of Viaskin Peanut. DBV Technologies has global headquarters in Montrouge, France, and North American operations in Basking Ridge, NJ. The Company’s ordinary shares are traded on segment B of Euronext Paris (Ticker: DBV, ISIN code: FR0010417345) and the Company’s ADSs (each representing one-half of one ordinary share) are traded on the Nasdaq Global Select Market (Ticker: DBVT).
Forward Looking Statements
This press release may contain forward-looking statements and estimates, including, but not limited to, statements regarding the therapeutic potential of Viaskin™ Peanut and EPIT™ and DBV’s planned regulatory and clinical efforts including timing and results of communications with regulatory agencies, and the ability of any of DBV’s product candidates, if approved, to improve the lives of patients with food allergies. These forward-looking statements and estimates are not promises or guarantees and involve substantial risks and uncertainties. At this stage, DBV’s product candidates have not been authorized for sale in any country. Among the factors that could cause actual results to differ materially from those described or project herein include uncertainties associated generally with research and development, clinical trials and related regulatory reviews and approvals. A further list and description of risks and uncertainties that could cause actual results to differ materially from those set forth herein can be found in DBV Technologies’ regulatory filings with the Autorité des Marchés Financiers (“AMF”), DBV Technologies’ filings and reports with the U.S. Securities and Exchange Commission (“SEC”), and future filings and reports made with the AMF and SEC. Existing and prospective investors are cautioned not to place undue reliance on these forward-looking statements and estimates, which speak only as of the date hereof. Other than as required by applicable law, DBV Technologies undertakes no obligation to update or revise the information contained in this Press Release.
Viaskin and EPIT are trademarks of DBV Technologies.
AttachmentTo view this piece of content from www.globenewswire.com, please give your consent at the top of this page.
To view this piece of content from ml-eu.globenewswire.com, please give your consent at the top of this page.
About GlobeNewswire by notified
One Liberty Plaza - 165 Broadway
NY 10006 New York
GlobeNewswire by notified is one of the world's largest newswire distribution networks, specializing in the delivery of corporate press releases financial disclosures and multimedia content to the media, investment community, individual investors and the general public.
Subscribe to releases from GlobeNewswire by notified
Subscribe to all the latest releases from GlobeNewswire by notified by registering your e-mail address below. You can unsubscribe at any time.
Latest releases from GlobeNewswire by notified
798 Launches Folk Culture Sector of Square Art Festival, 110,000+ Visitors Reached During the Chinese New Year Vacation24.2.2024 03:00:00 CET | Press release
BEIJING, Feb. 24, 2024 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) -- 798 Art District announces today that the Folk Culture Sector of the 798 Square Art Festival will launch on February 24, 2024, at the CONCERTED SQUARE of 798 Art District in Beijing. This sector aims to bridge contemporary art with urban and rural folk culture. Visiting 798 during the Lantern Festival, you can experience the power of contemporary art intertwined with traditional folk customs and enjoy the familiar yet strange world of Chinese local culture. Event Poster February 24 is the Lantern Festival in China, and it marks the end of the Chinese New Year festivities. The New Year vacation in 798 was full of lively atmosphere. Throughout the Spring Festival, 15 exhibitions were ongoing in 798, including the Joy Art Museum's "Joy in the Year of the Dragon", IOMA Art Center's "Dragon Roaming the World and Prospering", MOCUBE's "Upon Arrival of Dragon", and Le Rime Gallery's "Jia Chen Mountain Chronicle". Based on statistics, there were over
Alvotech and Teva Announce U.S. Approval of SIMLANDI® (adalimumab-ryvk) injection, the first interchangeable high-concentration, citrate-free biosimilar to Humira®24.2.2024 02:15:00 CET | Press release
SIMLANDI is the first citrate-free, high-concentration biosimilar to be designated interchangeable to Humira in the U.S. SIMLANDI is the first biosimilar approval under the strategic partnership between Alvotech and Teva in the U.S. market SIMLANDI will qualify for interchangeable exclusivity in the U.S. for some concentration strengths Alvotech (NASDAQ: ALVO) and Teva Pharmaceuticals, a U.S. affiliate of Teva Pharmaceutical Industries Ltd. (NYSE and TASE: TEVA), today announced that the U.S. Food and Drug Administration (FDA) has approved SIMLANDI (adalimumab-ryvk) injection, as an interchangeable biosimilar to Humira, for the treatment of adult rheumatoid arthritis, juvenile idiopathic arthritis, adult psoriatic arthritis, adul Alvotech (NASDAQ: ALVO) and Teva Pharmaceuticals, a U.S. affiliate of Teva Pharmaceutical Industries Ltd. (NYSE and TASE: TEVA), today announced that the U.S. Food and Drug Administration (FDA) has approved SIMLANDI (adalimumab-ryvk) injection, as an interchan
Transactions with shares and linked securities in Genmab A/S made by managerial employees and their closely associated persons23.2.2024 23:50:47 CET | Press release
Company Announcement COPENHAGEN, Denmark; February 23, 2024 –Genmab A/S (Nasdaq: GMAB) - In accordance with Article 19 of Regulation No. 596/2014 on Market Abuse and Implementing Regulation 2016/523, this document discloses the data of the transactions made in Genmab A/S (Nasdaq: GMAB) by managerial employees and their closely associated persons. The company’s managerial employees and their closely associated persons have given Genmab A/S power of attorney on their behalf to publish trading in Genmab shares by the company’s managerial employees and their closely associated persons. Please find below a statement of such trading in shares issued by Genmab A/S 1.Details of the person discharging managerial responsibilities / person closely associateda)NameJan G. J. van de Winkel2.Reason for the notificationa)Position/statusPresident & Chief Executive Officerb)Initial notification/AmendmentInitial notification3.Details of the issuer, emission allowance market participant, auction platform,
Grant of Restricted Stock Units to Management and Employees and Grant of Warrants to Employees in Genmab23.2.2024 23:35:31 CET | Press release
Company Announcement COPENHAGEN, Denmark; February 23, 2024 –Genmab A/S (Nasdaq: GMAB) announced today that the board decided to grant 418,646 restricted stock units to members of management and employees of the company as well as the company's subsidiaries and 316,899 warrants to employees of the company and the company's subsidiaries. Each restricted stock unit is awarded cost-free and provides the owner with a conditional right to receive one share in Genmab A/S of nominally DKK 1. The vesting of the restricted stock units granted to the members of executive management will, with the exception of deferred annual cash bonus, be subject to forward looking performance criteria and consequently represent the maximum opportunity available if the performance targets have been significantly exceeded. The fair value of each restricted stock unit is equal to the closing market price on the date of grant of one Genmab A/S share, DKK 2,013. The restricted stock units will vest on the first ban
Karate Combat 46 to enhance Dubai’s standing as a leading sports tourism destination23.2.2024 20:00:38 CET | Press release
KC46 will be held on Saturday 20 April First professional sports league gamified by a blockchain access token DUBAI, United Arab Emirates, Feb. 23, 2024 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) -- Karate Combat, the world’s premier full-contact professional striking league, has partnered with Dubai Department of Economy and Tourism (DET) and Dubai Sports Council (DSC) to bring Karate Combat 46 (KC46) to the emirate this spring. Expected to be the league’s biggest event to date, KC46 is collaborating with TOKEN2049 for a Saturday 20 April event. As part of the collaboration KC46 will be part of the official programme of TOKEN2049 Week Dubai, giving conference attendees the opportunity to witness one of the world’s most innovative sports leagues through special tickets and the opportunity to meet event ambassadors at the conference. KC46 will be announced by UFC Hall of Famers Georges St-Pierre (GSP) and Bas Rutten, alongside Mike Majlak, author and co-host of the Impaulsive podcast. Karate Combat is the first