Coloplast A/S - Annual Report 2022/23 & Remuneration Report 2022/23
FY 2022/23 organic growth of 8% and 28% EBIT margin1). Reported revenue in DKK grew 9% to DKK 24,500 million
- Organic growth rates by business area: Ostomy Care 8%, Continence Care 7%, Voice and Respiratory Care 10% (8 months), Advanced Wound Care 7% (Advanced Wound Dressings 6%), and Interventional Urology 10%.
- EBIT1) was DKK 6,845 million, down 1% from last year. The EBIT margin1,2) was 28% against 31% last year, reflecting inflationary headwind on input costs and an increase in operating expenses which includes DKK 219 million from acquisition-related amortisation cost.
- ROIC after tax and before special items was 17% against 27% last year, negatively impacted by the Atos Medical and Kerecis acquisitions. Diluted earnings per share (EPS) before special items decreased by 6% to DKK 22.46, due to a 4% decrease in net profit, mostly impacted by an increase in net financial expenses as a result of the Atos Medical financing.
- The Board of Directors recommends a year-end dividend of DKK 16.00 per share, which brings the total dividend for the year to DKK 21.00 per share, compared to DKK 20.00 per share last year.
Acquisition of Kerecis finalised on 31 August 20233)
- The equity capital raise related to the financing of the acquisition was completed on 30 August 2023. Coloplast issued 12.2 million new B shares, raising gross proceeds of approximately DKK 9.2 billion.
- For FY 2022/23, Kerecis delivered pro-rata revenues of DKK 772 million with revenue growth of around 50% and an EBIT margin of around 6% (excluding PPA amortisation), in line with expectations.
- During FY 2022/23, Coloplast made progress on key ambitions, including operating on 78% renewable energy in our own operations, increasing the recycling rate of production waste to 75% and reducing our scope 1 and 2 emissions by 10% since the base year 2018/19.
FY 2023/24 financial guidance – organic revenue growth of around 8% and an EBIT margin of 27-28%
- The organic revenue growth assumes continued momentum across business areas and regions. Reported growth in DKK is expected to be around 12% and includes around 4%-points impact from the acquisition of Kerecis (11 months) and limited negative impact from currencies.
- The reported EBIT margin before special items is expected to be 27-28%. The EBIT margin includes around 100 basis points dilution from Kerecis (incl. around DKK 100 million in PPA amortisation) and negative impact from currencies.
- Capital expenditures are expected around DKK 1.4 billion. The effective tax rate is expected to be around 22%.
1) Before special items of DKK 69 million in Q4 2022/23 and before special items of DKK 74 million in FY 2022/23.
2) Before special items of DKK 36 million in Q4 2021/22 and DKK 471 million in FY 2021/22.
3) The terms of the transaction and the financial assumptions stated in Coloplast's stock exchange announcement no. 03/2023 regarding the acquisition of Kerecis are unchanged and can be found here: Acquisition of Kerecis
Please find our Annual Report 2022/23 and Remunation Report 2022/23 in the links below.
For further information, please contact
Investors and analysts
Executive Vice President, CFO
Tel. +45 4911 1111
Senior Director, Investor Relations
Tel. +45 4911 1800 / +45 4911 2458
Kristine Husted Munk
Senior Manager, Investor Relations
Tel. +45 4911 1800 / +45 4911 3266
Press and media
Sr. Media Relations Manager
Tel. +45 4911 2623
Company reg. (CVR) no. 69749917
This announcement is available in a Danish and an English-language version. In the event of discrepancies, the English version shall prevail.
Coloplast was founded on passion, ambition, and commitment. We were born from a nurse’s wish to help her sister and the skills of an engineer. Guided by empathy, our mission is to make life easier for people with intimate healthcare needs. Over decades, we have helped millions of people to live a more independent life and we continue to do so through innovative products and services. Globally, our business areas include Ostomy Care, Continence Care, Advanced Wound and Skin Care, Interventional Urology and Voice and Respiratory Care.
The Coloplast logo is a registered trademark of Coloplast A/S. © 2023-11.
All rights reserved Coloplast A/S, 3050 Humlebaek, Denmark.
AttachmentsTo view this piece of content from www.globenewswire.com, please give your consent at the top of this page.
To view this piece of content from ml-eu.globenewswire.com, please give your consent at the top of this page.
About GlobeNewswire by notified
One Liberty Plaza - 165 Broadway
NY 10006 New York
GlobeNewswire by notified is one of the world's largest newswire distribution networks, specializing in the delivery of corporate press releases financial disclosures and multimedia content to the media, investment community, individual investors and the general public.
Subscribe to releases from GlobeNewswire by notified
Subscribe to all the latest releases from GlobeNewswire by notified by registering your e-mail address below. You can unsubscribe at any time.
Latest releases from GlobeNewswire by notified
Press Release: Sarclisa® (isatuximab) Phase 3 trial met primary endpoint of progression free survival in patients with newly diagnosed multiple myeloma not eligible for transplant7.12.2023 07:35:00 CET | Press release
Sarclisa® (isatuximab) Phase 3 trial met primary endpoint of progression free survival in patients with newly diagnosed multiple myeloma not eligible for transplant Sarclisa added to bortezomib, lenalidomide and dexamethasone (VRd) significantly reduced the risk of disease progression or death compared with VRd aloneFirst global Phase 3 study to report positive results with an anti-CD38 therapy in combination with VRd in transplant-ineligible patients, reinforcing the potential for Sarclisa as a best-in-class medicineStudy results will be submitted for presentation at an upcoming medical meeting and form the basis of a future regulatory submission PARIS, December 7, 2023. The Phase 3 IMROZ trial evaluating the investigational use of Sarclisa® (isatuximab) in combination with standard-of-care bortezomib, lenalidomide and dexamethasone (VRd) met its primary endpoint at a planned interim analysis for efficacy, demonstrating statistically significant improvement in progression-free surviva
Avance Gas Holding Ltd: Ex Dividend USD 0.50 today7.12.2023 07:01:00 CET | Press release
Hamilton, Bermuda, December 7, 2023 The shares in Avance Gas Holding Ltd (ticker: "AGAS") will be traded ex-dividend USD 0.50 as of today relating to the dividend for the third quarter of 2023. The dividend will be paid on December 15, 2023. For further information, please contact: Randi Navdal Bekkelund - Chief Financial Officer Tel: +47 23 11 40 00 Email: IR@avancegas.com ABOUT AVANCE GAS Avance Gas operates in the global market for transportation of liquefied petroleum gas (LPG). The Company is one of the world's leading owners and operators of very large gas carriers (VLGCs) and operates a fleet of fourteen modern ships including two dual fuel LPG newbuildings for delivery in early 2024 as well as four medium sized gas/ammonia carriers due for delivery in 2025 and 2026. For more information about Avance Gas, please visit www.avancegas.com. This information is subject to the disclosure requirements pursuant to Section 5-12 the Norwegian Securities Trading Act
Capital Markets Day 2023 - Ipsen outlines next phase of growth & transformation and provides new mid-term outlook7.12.2023 07:00:00 CET | Press release
PARIS, FRANCE, 7 December 2023 - Ipsen (Euronext: IPN; ADR: IPSEY), a global specialty-driven biopharmaceutical company, today holds its Capital Markets Day in London, U.K. “Ipsen has made significant progress since our strategic roadmap was implemented three years ago and is today in a great spot,” commented David Loew, Chief Executive Officer, Ipsen. “Our business has been transformed, with the focus on Specialty Care now supported by a stronger pipeline and momentum from our growth platforms, as well as a robust balance sheet and an external-innovation strategy yielding compelling results. Ipsen is now ready for its next phase of growth with several launches across multiple potential indications, providing more options for patients with high unmet medical needs. Our journey will be driven by the combination of the growth platforms, our new medicines and more external-innovation transactions to come. We will also continue to deliver on our ambitious sustainability objectives and road
Ipsen confirms U.S. FDA grants priority review for New Drug Application for elafibranor for the treatment of rare cholestatic liver disease, PBC7.12.2023 07:00:00 CET | Press release
New Drug Application granted priority review with PDUFA date set for June 10, 2024 European Medicines Agency (EMA) has also validated the Marketing Authorization Application (MAA) for elafibranor Investigational elafibranor is the first novel second-line treatment for primary biliary cholangitis (PBC) to be filed in E.U. and U.S. in nearly a decade PARIS, FRANCE, 07 December 2023 - Ipsen (Euronext: IPN; ADR: IPSEY) and GENFIT (Nasdaq and Euronext: GNFT) today announced that the U.S. Food and Drug Administration (FDA) has accepted the New Drug Application (NDA) for investigational elafibranor. An oral, once-daily dual peroxisome activated receptor alpha/delta (PPAR α,δ) agonist, investigational elafibranor could potentially be the first novel second-line treatment for the rare, cholestatic liver disease, PBC, in nearly a decade. The target FDA PDUFA date under priority review is June 10, 2024. The European Medicines Agency (EMA) has also validated Ipsen’s Marketing Authorization Applica
Santhera Appoints Executive Committee Members as it Transitions into Commercial Stage7.12.2023 07:00:00 CET | Press release
Pratteln, Switzerland, December 7, 2023 – Santhera Pharmaceuticals (SIX: SANN) announces the promotion of Geert Jan van Daal, MD, PhD, to Chief Commercial Officer (CCO) and of Marc Schrader to Chief Technology Officer (CTO). Both will join the six-member Executive Committee effective January 1, 2024. “Santhera is transitioning to the commercial phase and will make AGAMREE® (vamorolone) available to patients in Europe starting in Germany in early 2024, subject to approval by the European Commission. In a staged roll-out across the key European markets, launches will follow in the UK and France later that year, with Spain and Italy scheduled to launch in early 2025,” said Dario Eklund, CEO of Santhera. “With Geert Jan and Marc joining the Executive Committee, we are leveraging the existing expertise within our leadership team and are elevating the commercial and supply chain functions to their level of importance as we enter the commercial market.” Geert Jan van Daal, MD, PhD, has held v