Coloplast A/S - Full-Year Financial Results 2022/23
Announcement of Full-year Financial Results 2022/23
(1 October 2022 - 30 September 2023)
Coloplast delivered Q4 organic growth of 8% and 28% EBIT margin1). Reported revenue in DKK grew 3% to 6,226 million, impacted by unfavourable development in currencies
- Organic growth rates by business area: Ostomy Care 9%, Continence Care 6%, Voice and Respiratory Care 13%, Advanced Wound Care 8% (Advanced Wound Dressings 12%), and Interventional Urology 5%.
- Continued good momentum across regions in Chronic Care. The Ostomy Care business in China posted double-digit growth, as expected. Continence Care growth was driven by continued strong momentum in the intermittent catheters portfolio, partly offset by a decline in sales in Collecting Devices, which was impacted by order phasing.
- Solid quarter in Voice and Respiratory Care, with continued good momentum in both laryngectomy and tracheostomy, as well as some benefit from a lower baseline last year.
- Growth in Advanced Wound Dressings was driven by strong contribution from Europe, which includes benefit from the resolution of the backorders situation, and continued good growth in China, as expected.
- Interventional Urology was up against a high baseline last year, with growth in the quarter mainly driven by Men’s Health in the US, while order phasing in Emerging Markets detracted from growth.
- EBIT1) was DKK 1,714 million, a 6% decrease from last year. The EBIT margin1,2) was 28% against 30% last year, reflecting mostly inflationary headwind on input costs and significant negative impact from currencies.
FY 2022/23 organic growth of 8% and 28% EBIT margin1). Reported revenue in DKK grew 9% to DKK 24,500 million
- Organic growth rates by business area: Ostomy Care 8%, Continence Care 7%, Voice and Respiratory Care 10% (8 months), Advanced Wound Care 7% (Advanced Wound Dressings 6%), and Interventional Urology 10%.
- EBIT1) was DKK 6,845 million, down 1% from last year. The EBIT margin1,2) was 28% against 31% last year, reflecting inflationary headwind on input costs and an increase in operating expenses which includes DKK 219 million from acquisition-related amortisation cost.
- ROIC after tax and before special items was 17% against 27% last year, negatively impacted by the Atos Medical and Kerecis acquisitions. Diluted earnings per share (EPS) before special items decreased by 6% to DKK 22.46, due to a 4% decrease in net profit, mostly impacted by an increase in net financial expenses as a result of the Atos Medical financing.
- The Board of Directors recommends a year-end dividend of DKK 16.00 per share, which brings the total dividend for the year to DKK 21.00 per share, compared to DKK 20.00 per share last year.
Acquisition of Kerecis finalised on 31 August 20233)
- The equity capital raise related to the financing of the acquisition was completed on 30 August 2023. Coloplast issued 12.2 million new B shares, raising gross proceeds of approximately DKK 9.2 billion.
- For FY 2022/23, Kerecis delivered pro-rata revenues of DKK 772 million with revenue growth of around 50% and an EBIT margin of around 6% (excluding PPA amortisation), in line with expectations.
FY 2023/24 financial guidance – organic revenue growth of around 8% and an EBIT margin of 27-28%
- The organic revenue growth assumes continued momentum across business areas and regions. Reported growth in DKK is expected to be around 12% and includes around 4%-points impact from the acquisition of Kerecis (11 months) and limited negative impact from currencies.
- The reported EBIT margin before special items is expected to be 27-28%. The EBIT margin includes around 100 basis points dilution from Kerecis (incl. around DKK 100 million in PPA amortisation) and negative impact from currencies.
- Capital expenditures are expected around DKK 1.4 billion. The effective tax rate is expected to be around 22%.
“We deliver a solid set of numbers in 2022/23 with 8% organic growth and an EBIT margin of 28%, in line with our financial guidance. We continue to take market share across all our business areas and maintain an industry-leading profitability level. I would like to highlight our strong performance in Chronic Care, where we continue to deliver high-single digit growth despite the negative impact on our ostomy business in China from Covid-19. This year, we also made good progress on innovation and launched our new intermittent catheter Luja™. Finally, in Q4 we completed the acquisition of Kerecis, an emerging category leader in the biologics wound care segment. With our strong core of businesses and the assets added to our portfolio through acquisitions in recent years, I look forward to accelerating our long-term growth to 8-10%, while maintaining a long-term EBIT margin of above 30%,” says Kristian Villumsen, President and CEO of Coloplast.
Coloplast will host a conference call on Thursday, 9 November 2023 at 11.00 CET. The call is expected to last about one hour.
To actively participate in the Q&A session please sign up ahead of the conference call on the link here to receive an e-mail with dial-in details: Register here
Access the conference call webcast directly here: FY 22/23 conference call
1) Before special items of DKK 69 million in Q4 2022/23 and before special items of DKK 74 million in FY 2022/23.
2) Before special items of DKK 36 million in Q4 2021/22 and DKK 471 million in FY 2021/22.
3) The terms of the transaction and the financial assumptions stated in Coloplast's stock exchange announcement no. 03/2023 regarding the acquisition of Kerecis are unchanged and can be found here: Acquisition of Kerecis
For further information, please contact
Investors and analysts
Executive Vice President, CFO
Tel. +45 4911 1111
Senior Director, Investor Relations
Tel. +45 4911 1800 / +45 4911 2458
Kristine Husted Munk
Senior Manager, Investor Relations
Tel. +45 4911 1800 / +45 4911 3266
Press and media
Sr. Media Relations Manager
Tel. +45 4911 2623
Company reg. (CVR) no. 69749917
This announcement is available in a Danish and an English-language version. In the event of discrepancies, the English version shall prevail.
Coloplast was founded on passion, ambition, and commitment. We were born from a nurse’s wish to help her sister and the skills of an engineer. Guided by empathy, our mission is to make life easier for people with intimate healthcare needs. Over decades, we have helped millions of people to live a more independent life and we continue to do so through innovative products and services. Globally, our business areas include Ostomy Care, Continence Care, Advanced Wound and Skin Care, Interventional Urology and Voice and Respiratory Care.
The Coloplast logo is a registered trademark of Coloplast A/S. © 2023-11.
All rights reserved Coloplast A/S, 3050 Humlebaek, Denmark.
AttachmentTo view this piece of content from www.globenewswire.com, please give your consent at the top of this page.
To view this piece of content from ml-eu.globenewswire.com, please give your consent at the top of this page.
About GlobeNewswire by notified
One Liberty Plaza - 165 Broadway
NY 10006 New York
GlobeNewswire by notified is one of the world's largest newswire distribution networks, specializing in the delivery of corporate press releases financial disclosures and multimedia content to the media, investment community, individual investors and the general public.
Subscribe to releases from GlobeNewswire by notified
Subscribe to all the latest releases from GlobeNewswire by notified by registering your e-mail address below. You can unsubscribe at any time.
Latest releases from GlobeNewswire by notified
Challenging conditions to persist, but expectation of clearer rate outlook and tightening bid-ask spreads on the horizon29.11.2023 01:00:00 CET | Press release
Industrial & logistics, multifamily, and office remain top picks for 2024 with investors deploying new strategies in each sector LONDON and TORONTO, Nov. 28, 2023 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) -- The 2024 Global Investor Outlook released by Colliers (NASDAQ and TSX: CIGI) today reveals that challenging market conditions will persist into 2024, though expectations of a clearer rate outlook and tightening bid-ask spreads are on the horizon. Lower investment activity has constrained pricing discovery due to limited data points. As investors continue to seek stability in policy environments, industrial & logistics (I&L), multifamily and office sectors largely remain their top picks in the upcoming year. Pockets of opportunity are continuing to emerge as distress forces companies to unlock capital via sale and leasebacks, and property funds face redemption pressures. Furthermore, a record proportion (25%) of investors surveyed have ESG-based disposal and acquisition strategies in place – up from 10% jus
Nyxoah Strengthens its Executive Leadership Team28.11.2023 22:30:00 CET | Press release
Nyxoah Strengthens its Executive Leadership Team Francis Kim appointed as Chief Regulatory and Quality Officer Mont-Saint-Guibert, Belgium – November 28, 2023, 10:30pm CET / 4:30pm ET – Nyxoah SA (Euronext Brussels/Nasdaq: NYXH) (“Nyxoah” or the “Company”), a medical technology company focused on the development and commercialization of innovative solutions to treat Obstructive Sleep Apnea (OSA), today announced the appointment of Francis Kim as Chief Regulatory and Quality Officer. Francis will be leading Nyxoah’s Global Regulatory and Quality departments. Francis is a highly experienced global regulatory and quality executive in the healthcare industry, having spent more than 25 years in the medical device and life sciences sector. Francis has led Regulatory and Quality departments at Medtronic, Philips, and other companies, including introducing several innovative products and therapies to the market. “Nyxoah is entering the most exciting time in the Company’s history, with data fro
Alvotech Reports Financial Results for First Nine Months of 2023 and Provides Business Update28.11.2023 22:15:00 CET | Press release
Product revenue for the nine months of 2023 increased to $29.8 million, compared to $11.1 million for the same period in 2022Marketing authorization was received for AVT04 in Canada and Japan, the first for a biosimilar to Stelara® (ustekinumab)The European Medicines Agency proposed market authorization for AVT04 in the 30 member states of the European Economic Area, pending a final decision by the European CommissionApprovability of AVT02 and AVT04 in the U.S. now pending satisfactory US Food and Drug Administration (FDA) inspection of Alvotech’s facility in Iceland, currently expected on January 10 – 19, 2024Management will conduct a business update conference call and live webcast on Thursday November 29, 2023, at 8:00 am ET (13:00 pm GMT) Alvotech (NASDAQ: ALVO, or the “Company”), a global biotech company specializing in the development and manufacture of biosimilar medicines for patients worldwide, today reported unaudited financial results for the first nine months of 2023 and pr
RÄTTELSE: Saknad MAR-etikett i tidigare pressmeddelande – ”Anoto ingår ett avtal för 1,1 miljoner USD avseende försäljning av pennor och treåriga mjukvarulicenser med Deutsche Telekom”28.11.2023 19:15:00 CET | Pressemelding
Anoto Group AB (publ) utfärdar en rättelse av pressmeddelandet som publicerades tidigare idag. Rättelsen avser att pressmeddelandet saknade MAR-etikett med hänvisning till EU:s marknadsmissbruksförordning (MAR). Följande information skulle ha varit med i pressmeddelandet: ”Denna information är sådan information som Anoto Group AB (publ) är skyldigt att offentliggöra enligt EU:s marknadsmissbruksförordning. Informationen lämnades genom ovanstående kontaktpersons försorg för offentliggörande den 28 november 2023, kl. 08:00 CEST.” Nedan publiceras det korrekta pressmeddelandet i sin helhet. Stockholm den 28 november 2023 – Anoto Group AB (publ) ("Anoto" eller "Bolaget") meddelar idag att bolaget har tecknat ett upphandlingsavtal som avser försäljning av nya pennor, samt ett treårigt mjukvarulicensavtal med Deutsche Telekom AG (”Deutsche Telekom”). Deutsche Telekom är en av de äldsta kunderna inom Anotos affärssegment Forms och avtalet innebär att ramverket inom vilket Anoto och Deutsche T
CORRECTION: Missing MAR label in previous press release – “Anoto enters into a USD 1.1 million agreement for the sale of pens and three-year software licenses with Deutsche Telekom”28.11.2023 19:15:00 CET | Press release
Anoto Group AB (publ) issues a correction to the press release published earlier today. The correction refers to the fact that the press release lacked a MAR label with reference to the EU Market Abuse Regulation (MAR). The following information should have been included in the press release: ”This information constitutes inside information as Anoto Group AB (publ) is obliged to disclose under the EU Market Abuse Regulation 596/2014. The information was provided by the contact person above for publication 28 November 2023, at 08:00 CEST.” The correct press release is published in its entirety below. Stockholm, 28 November 2023 – Anoto Group AB (publ) ("Anoto" or the "Company") today announces that it has signed a procurement agreement relating to the sale of new pens, plus a new three-year software licensing agreement with Deutsche Telekom AG (“Deutsche Telekom”). Deutsche Telekom is one of the oldest customers of Anoto’s Forms business and this agreement means that the framework withi