Double-digit organic growth in Q3 - full-year guidance upgraded
- The Phoenix strategy is driving positive results. Q3 2023 organic growth accelerates to +11%. LFL (like-for-like) growth reached +9% and network expansion added +4% growth.
- Broad-based LFL growth across markets: key markets in Europe improves to +4% growth, US sees improvement to +5% and Rest of Pandora continues strong momentum at +22% LFL.
- The gross margin reached an all-time high of 79.0%, +230bp vs. Q3 2022, supported by channel mix, cost efficiencies and price increases.
- The EBIT margin landed at 16.5% in Q2 2023, in line with expectations. Full-year EBIT margin to be around 25%.
- Leverage remains low with NIBD/EBITDA at 1.5x, in-line with the normal seasonality. Full year leverage expected to be around 1.2x.
- DKK 4.3 billion worth of shares purchased since February 8, making good progress towards purchasing a total of DKK 5.0 billion by February 2, 2024 at the latest.
Phoenix strategy highlights
- At a Capital Markets Day in October, Pandora initiated the new chapter of Phoenix: transform the perception of Pandora into a full jewellery brand and accelerate growth.
- Increased investments into the brand are already showing good signs with several global brand campaigns and fashion events driving greater consumer engagement across all major touchpoints.
- Brand heat combined with strong product designs delivered broad-based LFL growth across collections. Moments and Pandora ME generated +7% and +12% LFL respectively (“grow the core”) whilst Timeless continued to show even stronger LFL growth at +21% (“fuel with more”).
- In late August, Pandora notably expanded its assortment in Lab-Grown Diamonds. In Q3, the collection generated +84% LFL, although from a low base.
2023 Guidance and current trading
- The organic growth guidance range is upgraded to “+5% to +6%” (previously +2% to +5%). The EBIT guidance remains unchanged at “around 25%”.
- Current trading in Q4 2023 is healthy with underlying LFL growth up at high-single digit levels. Pandora continues to remain mindful of the macroeconomic climate.
Alexander Lacik, President and CEO of Pandora, says:
“We are very pleased with our results this quarter. Our investments in the brand are attracting more consumers into our stores. We have delivered strong broad-based growth whilst our all-time high gross margin underpins our unique earnings model. We raise our guidance for the full year and continue to see very exciting opportunities ahead for Pandora, as we embark on the next chapter of our growth strategy”.
|DKK million||Q3 2023||Q3 2022||9M 2023||9M 2022||FY 2022||FY 2023 guidance|
|Organic growth, %||11%||3%||5%||8%||7%||+5% to +6%|
|Operating profit (EBIT)||920||978||3,365||3,537||6,743|
|EBIT margin, %||16.5%||18.6%||19.4%||21.3%||25.5%||Around 25%|
AttachmentsTo view this piece of content from www.globenewswire.com, please give your consent at the top of this page.
To view this piece of content from ml-eu.globenewswire.com, please give your consent at the top of this page.
About GlobeNewswire by notified
One Liberty Plaza - 165 Broadway
NY 10006 New York
GlobeNewswire by notified is one of the world's largest newswire distribution networks, specializing in the delivery of corporate press releases financial disclosures and multimedia content to the media, investment community, individual investors and the general public.
Subscribe to releases from GlobeNewswire by notified
Subscribe to all the latest releases from GlobeNewswire by notified by registering your e-mail address below. You can unsubscribe at any time.
Latest releases from GlobeNewswire by notified
Hafnarfjarðarbær - fjárhagsáætlun 2024-20275.12.2023 10:46:59 CET | Press release
Ríflegur afgangur af rekstri Hafnarfjarðarbæjar og álagningarhlutföll fasteignagjalda lækka Fjárhagsáætlun Hafnarfjarðarbæjar, sem samþykkt var í bæjarstjórn í gær, gerir ráð fyrir 1.725 milljóna króna afgangi á A- og B-hluta sveitarfélagsins á næsta ári. Rekstur A-hluta verður jákvæður um 861 milljón króna á árinu 2024 samkvæmt áætlun. Gert er ráð fyrir að veltufé frá rekstri verði 5,4% af heildartekjum eða 2.619 milljónir króna. Fjárhagsleg staða Hafnarfjarðarbæjar er góð og er áætlað að skuldaviðmið sveitarfélagsins haldi áfram að lækka og verði komið niður í um 86% í árslok 2024, sem er vel undir 150% skuldaviðmiði samkvæmt reglugerð um fjárhagsleg viðmið og eftirlit með fjármálum sveitarfélaga. Útsvarsprósenta verður óbreytt og álagningarprósenta fasteignaskatts á íbúða- og atvinnuhúsnæði lækkuð úr 0,223% í 0,217% til þess að koma til móts við hækkun fasteignamats. Þá verður álagningarprósenta fasteignaskatts á atvinnuhúsnæði lækkuð úr 1,400% í 1,387%. ,,Áfram er lögð áhersla á að
Notification of managers and closely related parties’ transactions with A.P. Møller - Mærsk A/S shares in connection with share buy-back program5.12.2023 10:44:55 CET | Press release
In connection with the announced share buy-back program in A.P. Møller - Mærsk A/S, A.P. Møller Holding A/S continuously sells shares pro rata and the market is to be informed accordingly – see the attached file. Attachment APMM Share buy-back APMH sale 04122023
Indberetning af ledende medarbejderes og disses nærtståendes transaktioner med A.P. Møller - Mærsk A/S aktier i forbindelse med aktietilbagekøbsprogram5.12.2023 10:44:55 CET | pressemeddelelse
I forbindelse med det annoncerede aktietilbagekøbsprogram i A.P. Møller - Mærsk A/S sælger A.P. Møller Holding A/S løbende aktier pro rata og markedet informeres følgeligt herom - se vedhæftede fil. Vedhæftet fil APMM Aktietilbagekøbsprogram APMH salg_04122023
Meriaura Group resolved on a directed share issue without consideration relating to Board remuneration5.12.2023 10:40:00 CET | Press release
Meriaura Group Plc Company Announcement 5 December 2023 at 10.40 a.m. (CET) Meriaura Group resolved on a directed share issue without consideration relating to Board remuneration The Board of Directors of Meriaura Group Plc (”Meriaura Group”) has resolved on a directed share issue to be used as a part of the Board members’ remuneration in accordance with the resolution by the Annual General Meeting on 12 May 2023. The Annual General Meeting of the company held on 12 May 2023 resolved that the members of the Board of Directors be paid the following remuneration for the term that begins at the end of the Annual General Meeting and ends at the end of the next Annual General Meeting: EUR 21,600 for the Chairman of the Board and EUR 10,800 for each of the other members of the Board. Kati Ihamäki (Board member since 1 November 2023) and Timi Hyppänen (Board membership ended on 7 November 2023) are entitled to only half of the remuneration. Approximately 40 per cent of the remuneration to be
RESULT OF RIKSBANK CERTIFICATE SALE5.12.2023 10:15:00 CET | Press release
AuctionAuction resultsAuction date2023-12-05Start date2023-12-06Maturity date2023-12-13Interest rate4.00 %Offered volume, SEK bn1 017.0Total bid amount, SEK bn900.150Accepted volume, SEK bn900.150Number of bids18Percentage allotted, %100.00