Genmab Announces Financial Results for the First Nine Months of 2023
November 7, 2023 Copenhagen, Denmark;
Interim Report for the First Nine Months Ended September 30, 2023
- Epcoritamab (TEPKINLY®) was granted conditional marketing authorization by the European Commission (EC) to treat adults with relapsed or refractory diffuse large B-cell lymphoma (DLBCL) after two or more lines of systemic therapy
- Epcoritamab (EPKINLY™) was approved by the Japan Ministry of Health, Labour and Welfare to treat adults with certain types of relapsed or refractory large B-cell lymphoma (LBCL) after two or more lines of systemic therapy
- Genmab and Seagen Inc. (Seagen) announced that the Phase 3 innovaTV 301 confirmatory trial of tisotumab vedotin for the treatment of recurrent or metastatic cervical cancer met its primary endpoint of improved overall survival (OS) at a predetermined, independent interim analysis
- Genmab revenue increased 26% compared to the first nine months of 2022, to DKK 11,796 million
- Genmab 2023 financial guidance updated
“With regulatory approvals in Japan and Europe, EPKINLY/TEPKINLY is the first Genmab-owned medicine to become available to patients outside of the United States. In addition to being an important milestone for Genmab, these approvals mark an important milestone for patients in these territories who are in need of alternative therapeutic options,” said Jan van de Winkel, Ph.D., Chief Executive Officer of Genmab. “We look forward to continue to work with our partner, AbbVie Inc. (AbbVie), to further explore epcoritamab as a potential future core therapy across B-cell malignancies.”
Financial Performance First Nine Months of 2023
- Net sales of DARZALEX® by Janssen Biotech, Inc. (Janssen) were USD 7,194 million in the first nine months of 2023 compared to USD 5,894 million in the first nine months of 2022, an increase of USD 1,300 million, or 22%.
- Royalty revenue was DKK 9,803 million in the first nine months of 2023 compared to DKK 8,207 million in the first nine months of 2022, an increase of DKK 1,596 million, or 19%. The increase in royalties was driven by higher net sales of DARZALEX and Kesimpta®, partly offset by negative foreign exchange rate impacts due to a lower average exchange rate between the USD and DKK.
- Revenue was DKK 11,796 million for the first nine months of 2023 compared to DKK 9,368 million for the first nine months of 2022. The increase of DKK 2,428 million, or 26%, was primarily driven by higher DARZALEX and Kesimpta royalties achieved under our collaborations with Janssen and Novartis Pharma AG (Novartis), respectively, a milestone achieved under our collaboration with AbbVie for the first commercial sale of EPKINLY in the United States, and higher reimbursement revenue driven by increased activities under our collaboration with BioNTech SE (BioNTech).
- Operating expenses were DKK 8,045 million in the first nine months of 2023 compared to DKK 5,676 million in the first nine months of 2022. The increase of DKK 2,369 million, or 42%, was driven by the expansion of our product pipeline, EPKINLY launch in the U.S., the continued development of Genmab’s broader organizational capabilities, and related increase in team members to support these activities.
- Operating profit was DKK 3,651 million in the first nine months of 2023 compared to DKK 3,692 million in the first nine months of 2022.
- Net financial items resulted in income of DKK 1,060 million for the first nine months of 2023 compared to DKK 2,681 million in the first nine months of 2022. The decrease of DKK 1,621 million, or 60%, was primarily driven by movements in USD to DKK foreign exchange rates impacting Genmab’s USD denominated cash and cash equivalents, and marketable securities in the respective periods.
Genmab is updating the lower end of its revenue and operating expenses of its 2023 financial guidance driven by higher total royalty revenues from DARZALEX and other marketed products and increased and accelerated investment for epcoritamab clinical trials and progression of other pipeline products.
|Revenue||15,900 - 16,500||15,500 - 16,500|
|Operating expenses||(10,600) - (10,900)||(10,400) - (10,900)|
|Operating profit*||4,800 – 5,750||4,500 - 6,000|
*Operating profit includes DKK~0.2 billion of cost of product sales, which is not classified within operating expenses
Genmab will hold a conference call in English to discuss the results for the first nine months of 2023 today, Tuesday, November 7, at 6:00 pm CET, 5:00 pm GMT or 12:00 pm EST. To join the call please use the below registration link. Registered participants will receive an email with a link to access dial-in information as well as a unique personal PIN: https://register.vevent.com/register/BIa45c5d7cd5384835a879e0ab083d0577. A live and archived webcast of the call and relevant slides will be available at www.genmab.com/investors.
Marisol Peron, Senior Vice President, Global Communications & Corporate Affairs
T: +1 609 524 0065; E: firstname.lastname@example.org
Andrew Carlsen, Vice President, Head of Investor Relations
T: +45 3377 9558; E: email@example.com
The Interim Report contains forward looking statements. The words “believe,” “expect,” “anticipate,” “intend” and “plan” and similar expressions identify forward looking statements. Actual results or performance may differ materially from any future results or performance expressed or implied by such statements. The important factors that could cause our actual results or performance to differ materially include, among others, risks associated with pre-clinical and clinical development of products, uncertainties related to the outcome and conduct of clinical trials including unforeseen safety issues, uncertainties related to product manufacturing, the lack of market acceptance of our products, our inability to manage growth, the competitive environment in relation to our business area and markets, our inability to attract and retain suitably qualified personnel, the unenforceability or lack of protection of our patents and proprietary rights, our relationships with affiliated entities, changes and developments in technology which may render our products or technologies obsolete, and other factors. For a further discussion of these risks, please refer to the risk management sections in Genmab’s most recent financial reports, which are available on www.genmab.comand the risk factors included in Genmab’s most recent Annual Report on Form 20-F and other filings with the U.S. Securities and Exchange Commission (SEC), which are available at www.sec.gov. Genmab does not undertake any obligation to update or revise forward looking statements in the Interim Report nor to confirm such statements to reflect subsequent events or circumstances after the date made or in relation to actual results, unless required by law.
Genmab A/S and/or its subsidiaries own the following trademarks: Genmab®; the Y-shaped Genmab logo®; Genmab in combination with the Y-shaped Genmab logo®; HuMax®; DuoBody®; HexaBody®; DuoHexaBody®; HexElect® and KYSO™; Tivdak® is a trademark of Seagen Inc.;EPCORE™, EPKINLY™, TEPKINLY® and their designs are trademarks of AbbVie Biotechnology Ltd.; Kesimpta® and Sensoready® are trademarks of Novartis AG or its affiliates; DARZALEX®, DARZALEX FASPRO®, RYBREVANT®, TECVAYLI® and TALVEY®are trademarks of Johnson & Johnson; TEPEZZA® is a trademark of Horizon Therapeutics Ireland DAC.
Download the full Interim Report for the First Nine Months of 2023 on attachment or at www.genmab.com/investors.
CVR no. 2102 3884
LEI Code 529900MTJPDPE4MHJ122
Carl Jacobsens Vej 30
AttachmentTo view this piece of content from www.globenewswire.com, please give your consent at the top of this page.
To view this piece of content from ml-eu.globenewswire.com, please give your consent at the top of this page.
About GlobeNewswire by notified
One Liberty Plaza - 165 Broadway
NY 10006 New York
GlobeNewswire by notified is one of the world's largest newswire distribution networks, specializing in the delivery of corporate press releases financial disclosures and multimedia content to the media, investment community, individual investors and the general public.
Subscribe to releases from GlobeNewswire by notified
Subscribe to all the latest releases from GlobeNewswire by notified by registering your e-mail address below. You can unsubscribe at any time.
Latest releases from GlobeNewswire by notified
Fjárhagsáætlun Sveitarfélagsins Árborgar 2024 og þriggja ára áætlun 2025 – 202729.11.2023 19:50:00 CET | Press release
FjárhagsáætlunSveitarfélagsins Árborgar 2024 og þriggja ára áætlun 2025 – 2027 Fjárhagsáætlun Sveitarfélagsins Árborgar fyrir árið 2024 og þriggja ára áætlun fyrir tímabilið 2025 – 2027 var lögð fram í bæjarstjórn Árborgar til fyrri umræðu í dag. Gert er ráð fyrir að seinni umræða og afgreiðsla fjárhagsáætlunar í bæjarstjórn verði miðvikudaginn 13. desember 2024. Fjárhagsáætlun ársins 2024 gerir ráð fyrir að rekstrarniðurstaða A- og B- hluta verði jákvæð um 30 millj.kr. og EBITDA verði 3,09 ma.kr. Gert er ráð fyrir að í lok árs 2024 nemi eignir samtals 31,4 ma.kr. Gert er ráð fyrir að skuldaviðmið skv. reglugerð 502/2012 lækki niður í 144,0% árið 2024. Útkomuspá fyrir árið 2023 gerir ráð fyrir að skuldaviðmið verði 164,9%. Veltufé frá rekstri er áætlað 2,276 ma.kr árið 2024, 2,697 ma kr. árið 2025, 2,105 ma kr. árið 2026 og 2,367 ma kr. árið 2027. Framlegðarhlutfall er áætlað 16,4% fyrir árið 2024 sem er hækkun um 9,5% frá útkomuspá fyrir árið 2023.Framlegðarhlutfall er áætlað 16,7% fy
Iveco Group N.V. publishes its 2024 Corporate Calendar29.11.2023 18:30:00 CET | Press release
Turin, 29th November 2023. Iveco Group N.V. (EXM: IVG) announces the following corporate calendar dates for 2024: DateEarnings releases9th FebruaryResults for 4th quarter and preliminary annual results 202310th MayResults for 1st quarter 202425th JulyResults for 2nd quarter and 1st half 20247th NovemberResults for 3rd quarter 2024 The Annual General Meeting for the approval of Iveco Group N.V.’s Financial Statements at 31st December 2023 is scheduled to take place in mid April 2024 (*). The 2024 corporate calendar is available on the corporate website: www.ivecogroup.com. (*) In compliance with the requirements set forth by the lnstructions of the Regulation of Borsa Italiana S.p.A., please note that, should the Annual General Meeting resolve a dividend related to the 2023 financial year, the month planned for the dividend detachment (ex-date) would be April. This information is provided for the aforesaid regulatory provisions only and it cannot be interpreted in any way as a forecast
PUBLICATION OF A TRANSPARENCY NOTIFICATION29.11.2023 18:30:00 CET | Press release
Publication on November 29, 2023 at 18:30 CET after market closing Regulated information EVS Broadcast Equipment S.A.: Euronext Brussels (EVS.BR), Bloomberg (EVS BB), Reuters (EVSB.BR) PUBLICATION OF A TRANSPARENCY NOTIFICATION (Article 14, first paragraph, of the Law of 2 May 2007 on disclosure of major holdings) On November 27, 2023, EVS Broadcast Equipment has received a transparency notification indicating that Otus Capital Management Limited now holds 4.99% of the voting rights of the company. Otus Capital Management Limited has therefore crossed down the threshold of 5%. The notification, dated November 27, 2023, contains the following information: Reason for the notification: acquisition or disposal of voting securities or voting rightsNotification by: A parent undertaking or a controlling personPersons subject to the notification requirement: Otus Capital Management Limited, 29 Queen Anne’s Gate, London SW1H 9BU, UK; Andrew GibbsTransaction date: November 24, 2023Threshold that
IDEX - Disclosure of large shareholding - 29 Nov 202329.11.2023 18:30:00 CET | Press release
Reference is made to the announcement by IDEX Biometrics ASA on 15 November 2023 regarding a private placement of shares, and the announcement by Sundt AS on 16 November 2023 regarding lending of shares. As a result of the re-delivery of shares, Sundt AS discloses the following information pursuant to Section 4-2 of the Norwegian Securities Trading Act and the Securities Trading Act Regulations: On 29 November 2023, following re-delivery of 45,000,000 shares in IDEX, Sundt AS’s holdings of shares increased from 61,512,922 shares to 106,512,922 which represents 7.6% of the share capital based on 1,396,621,040 shares in issue following the private placement. This notice was published by Erling Svela, Vice president of finance, on 29 November 2023 at 18:30 CET on behalf of IDEX Biometrics ASA.
SMISS launched its electronic vapor gadgets technology platform TempSure™, the world's 1st cannabis vape hardware featuring intelligent duplex communication29.11.2023 18:00:00 CET | Press release
SHENZHEN, China, Nov. 29, 2023 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) -- As one of the largest exhibitions in the global cannabis industry, the MJBizCon 2023 CBD/THC/Cannabis Expo opened in Las Vegas as scheduled. On November 29th local time, SMISS officially launched the World's 1st Cannabis Vape Hardware Featuring Intelligent Duplex Communication, TempSure™ at the event. The platform utilizes advanced technology to provide users with the best intelligent vaporization experience. The name TempSure™ implies precise vaporization temperature control, offering users the perfect CBD vaporization experience. TempSure™ has developed an intelligent MCU control chip and a proprietary PID dynamic compensation technology solution. By accurately monitoring the heating state of CeramicMesh™ coil vaporization (oil conductivity, oil temperature, and smoke signal), it dynamically adjusts the optimal power energy output to achieve accurate heating temperature control for scientific vaporization. This enables users to exper