Sydbank’s Interim Report – Q1-Q3 2023
Company Announcement No 36/2023
1 November 2023
Sydbank’s Interim Report – Q1-Q3 2023
Q1-Q3 2023 – highlights
- Profit for the period of DKK 2,409m equals a return on equity of 23.2% p.a. after tax
- Core income of DKK 5,227m is 42% higher compared to the same period in 2022
- Trading income of DKK 240m is 36% higher compared to the same period in 2022
- Costs (core earnings) of DKK 2,335m against DKK 2,288m in the same period in 2022
- Core earnings before impairment of DKK 3,132m are 98% higher compared to the same period in 2022
- Impairment charges for loans and advances etc represent an income of DKK 21m
- Bank loans and advances have gone down by DKK 1.8bn, equal to a decrease of 2% compared to year-end 2022
- The CET1 ratio stands at 18.5%, equal to an increase of 1.2pp compared to year-end 2022
CEO Karen Frøsig comments on the result:
- It is positive that we were able to lift our profitability further in the third quarter of the year from an already very high level in the first 2 quarters. The increase in profitability is attributable to a continued rise in total income and is predominantly due to higher net interest income. Impairment charges represented a small income in the first 9 months of the year, which reflects strong credit quality in the lending portfolio. Together this means a doubling of profit after tax and in September 2023 expectations for profit for 2023 were revised upwards once more.
Karen Frøsig comments on developments in interest income:
- The effect of the Danish central bank’s continuous interest rate hikes since July 2022 is clearly reflected in the Bank’s net interest income, which has more than doubled when comparing the first 9 months of 2023 with the same period in 2022. Net interest income has been greatly influenced by higher interest payments on the Bank’s significant deposit surplus, which has previously earned negative interest.
Board chairman Lars Mikkelgaard-Jensen comments:
- It is good news that after initiating a share buyback of DKK 600m in Q3 the Bank remains highly capitalised and resilient. This is particularly important in times of geopolitical and macroeconomic uncertainty.
Outlook for 2023
- Core income is expected to be higher than in 2022.
- Costs (core earnings) are projected to be higher than in 2022.
- Impairment charges are forecast to represent a minor expense.
- Non-recurring costs are expected to represent around DKK 50m.
- Profit after tax is now expected to be in the range of DKK 3,000-3,200m.
- The outlook is subject to uncertainty and depends on financial market developments and macroeconomic factors which may affect eg the level of impairment charges.
Jørn Adam Møller, Deputy Group Chief Executive, tel +45 74 37 20 30
Susanne Ingemann Faber, Press Manager, tel +45 26 29 11 29
AttachmentsTo view this piece of content from www.globenewswire.com, please give your consent at the top of this page.
To view this piece of content from ml-eu.globenewswire.com, please give your consent at the top of this page.
About GlobeNewswire by notified
One Liberty Plaza - 165 Broadway
NY 10006 New York
GlobeNewswire by notified is one of the world's largest newswire distribution networks, specializing in the delivery of corporate press releases financial disclosures and multimedia content to the media, investment community, individual investors and the general public.
Subscribe to releases from GlobeNewswire by notified
Subscribe to all the latest releases from GlobeNewswire by notified by registering your e-mail address below. You can unsubscribe at any time.
Latest releases from GlobeNewswire by notified
Managers’ transactions9.12.2023 18:12:40 CET | Press release
December 9, 2023 Announcement no. 21 Managers’ transactions COPENHAGEN, DENMARK and BOSTON, MA, December 9, 2023, (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) – BioPorto A/S (BioPorto or the Company) (CPH:BIOPOR), has received notice pursuant to article 19 of Regulation (EU) no. 596/2014 of the below transaction related to shares in BioPorto made by persons discharging managerial responsibilities in BioPorto and/or persons closely related with them. 1. Details of the person discharging managerial responsibilities/person closely associated a) Name Singer Asefzadeh Family Holding Trust 2. Reason for the notification a) Position/status Closely associated person to Michael S. Singer, member of the Board of Directors of BioPorto A/S b) Initial notification/amendment Initial notification 3. Details of the issuer a) Name BioPorto A/S b) LEI 5299004SWFL5JAN4W830 4. Details of the transaction(s) a) Description of the financial instrument type of instrument and Identification code Shares, ISIN code DK0011048619 b) Nature o
New Pivotal Data for Bispecific Antibody Epcoritamab (DuoBody® CD3xCD20) Demonstrates High Overall and Complete Responses in Patients with Hard-To-Treat Relapsed/Refractory Follicular Lymphoma (FL)9.12.2023 18:00:00 CET | Press release
Media Release COPENHAGEN, Denmark; December 9, 2023 Data from the pivotal phase 1/2 EPCORE™ NHL-1 study showed 82 percent overall response rate (ORR), 63 percent complete response (CR) and 67 percent minimal residual disease (MRD) negativity in patients with relapsed/refractory (R/R) follicular lymphoma (FL) treated with subcutaneous epcoritamab Results presented at the 65th American Society of Hematology (ASH) Annual Meeting and Exposition include data from an optimized step-up dosing schedule for FL patients showing meaningful reduction in risk and severity of cytokine release syndrome (CRS) Follicular lymphoma is the second most common form of non-Hodgkin’s lymphoma, is considered incurable and can be difficult to treat in the R/R setting Genmab A/S (Nasdaq: GMAB) and AbbVie (NYSE: ABBV) todayannounced new data from the ongoing phase 1/2 EPCORE™ NHL-1 clinical trial investigating epcoritamab (DuoBody® CD3xCD20), a T-cell engaging bispecific antibody administered subcutaneously, demo
Galapagos presents new encouraging data at ASH 2023 from ongoing CD19 CAR-T studies with GLPG5201 and GLPG51019.12.2023 18:00:00 CET | Press release
Additional safety and efficacy data further support potential of innovative, decentralized approach to CAR-T manufacturing and transformational impact on patients with severe hematologic cancersTwo poster presentations include recent data updates and additional data not included in the ASH abstracts Galapagos to host a Key Opinion Leader (KOL) event with live webcast on Sunday, 10 December 2023 at 11:00 am PT/20:00 CET Mechelen, Belgium; 9 December 2023, 18:00 CET; Galapagos NV (Euronext & NASDAQ: GLPG) topresent additional encouraging clinical data from the ongoing Phase 1/2 CD19 CAR-T studies, EUPLAGIA-1 with GLPG5201 and ATALANTA-1 with GLPG5101, in patients with relapsed/refractory chronic lymphocytic leukemia (rrCLL), with or without Richter transformation, and non-Hodgkin lymphoma (rrNHL), during two poster sessions at the 65th American Society of Hematology (ASH) Annual Meeting taking place in San Diego, from 9-12 December. “We are very pleased to share promising new data from o
New data reinforce the benefit of early preventative treatment with Roche’s Hemlibra for babies with severe haemophilia A9.12.2023 17:30:00 CET | Press release
Phase III HAVEN 7 primary data presented at ASH 2023 provide additional confidence in the favourable efficacy and safety profile of subcutaneous Hemlibra given soon after birth 1At nearly two years median follow-up in the descriptive, single-arm study, no babies experienced spontaneous bleeds requiring treatment, and all treated bleeds were as a result of trauma 1Safety results were consistent with previous studies of Hemlibra, with no new safety signals observed 1The HAVEN 7 study was developed in collaboration with the haemophilia A community, to generate additional evidence for the prophylactic treatment of infants with haemophilia A Basel, 09 December 2023 - Roche (SIX: RO, ROG; OTCQX: RHHBY) announced today that the primary analysis of the Phase III HAVEN 7 study reinforced the efficacy and safety of Hemlibra® (emicizumab) in previously untreated or minimally treated infants with severe haemophilia A without factor VIII inhibitors. Results showed that Hemlibra achieved meaningful
Bulletin from Annual General Meeting in SkiStar AB9.12.2023 16:00:00 CET | Press release
At SkiStar AB (publ)’s annual general meeting, held in Sälen on 9 December 2023, the following decisions were made. A dividend of SEK 2.60 per share was adopted. Record day 12 December 2023.Lena Apler, Fredrik Paulsson, Gunilla Rudebjer, Anders Sundström, Anders Svensson and Vegard Søraunet were re-elected to the board and Carina Åkerström was elected as new board member.Anders Sundström was re-elected chairman of the board.Board fees, including committee fees, were raised to a total of SEK 2,890,000 (2022: SEK 2,810,000). The fees shall be distributed as follows: SEK 670,000 (650,000) to the chairman of the board and SEK 310,000 (300,000) each to the other non-executive directors. Audit committee members will receive total fees of SEK 240,000 (unchanged), distributed as follows: SEK 120,000 to the committee chairman and SEK 60,000 to each of the other two members. Remuneration committee members will receive total fees of SEK 120,000 (unchanged), distributed as follows: SEK 60,000 to t