EPH European Property Holdings PLC announces Unaudited Interim Results for the Six Months to 30 June 2023 and appointment of Management Committee Members
29 September 2023, Limassol, Cyprus / Ad hoc announcement pursuant to Art. 53 LR
BUSINESS HIGHLIGHTS FIRST HALF YEAR OF 2023
- With an established portfolio of high-quality properties in prime locations in Europe occupied by tenants with strong credit ratings, combined with professional asset management, EPH European Property Holdings PLC (“EPH” or the “Company”) has demon-strated operational stability in the first six months of 2023, despite the ongoing market environment challenges. As a result, EPH not only achieved almost full occupancy throughout its European portfolio, it also increased rental income.
- The sale of the Company’s Russian portfolio was concluded in April 2023, following the Extraordinary General Meeting (held on 1 November 2022) at which the shareholders of EPH authorised the Board of Directors to sell EPH Group’s entire Russian property portfolio by way of a management buyout.
- Upon disposal of the Russian segment in the first half of 2023, the Company reclassified the negative balance of the currency translation adjustment reserve ("CTA") accumulated on the Group`s operations in Russia and amounting to EUR 163 million to profit or loss statement. This reclassification resulted in recognition of a loss of EUR 163 million and a corresponding positive change in CTA reserve balance, thus, having zero effect on the equity of the Group.
- EPH’s real estate portfolio now consists of nine core assets. The properties are located in prime locations in Vienna (Austria) and four German markets (Berlin, Hamburg, Stuttgart and Dresden). All properties are let on long-term leases to tenants with strong credit ratings. Due to the quality of the properties and the professional asset management, the Group’s European portfolio per-formed above expectations during the reporting period.
- A milestone in the operating business was the completion of the LASS 1 refurbishment project in Vienna and the realisation of initial rental income. The property is located near the city centre of Vienna in the promising, up-and-coming 2nd district and has a total area of almost 45,000 square meters. Tenants include the Wiener Gesundheitsverbund, Wiener ArbeitnehmerInnen Förderungsfonds , and ISS Austria, the property's facility manager.
- Despite the positive operating performance of the European real estate portfolio, the economic development in Europe led to a downward adjustment of fair values of the properties in Germany and Austria. As a result, EPH recorded a loss from continuing operations in the first half of 2023.
FINANCIAL HIGHLIGHTS FIRST HALF YEAR OF 2023
- As of 30 June 2023, the balance sheet total (total assets) amounted to EUR 1,162.35 million, compared to EUR 1,706.31 million as of the end of the previous year. However, as of 31 December 2022, the total assets still included the Russian portfolio, which has since been sold, with a value of EUR 546.55 million.
- Net assets (calculated as total equity) amounted to EUR 531.22 million, compared to EUR 526.56 million at the end of 2022.
- For the six months ended 30 September 2023, the Company reports a net loss of EUR 132.14 million, compared to a loss of EUR 37.14 million for the first half of 2022. This result is mainly due to the negative CTA balance of EUR 163 million reclassified to the profit or loss statement upon the sale of the Russian portfolio and revaluation losses of the properties in Austria and Germany amounting to EUR 45.77 million.
- The loss from continuing operation for the first half of 2023 is recognized in the amount of EUR 35.15 million. The main factors influencing the financial result of continuing operations are:
- Increase in rental income from EUR 11.53 million for the six months 2022 to EUR 15.63 million for the six months 2023 – mainly due to the fact that the properties QBC 1, 2 have started to generate full income after the expiry of the rent-free periods, first income has been received by newly refurbished LASS1 property as well as higher rental income due to indexation is being generating by other properties in Vienna and Germany.
- Loss on revaluation of investment properties of EUR 45.77 million in the first half of 2023, mainly due to the mac-roeconomic development in Europe.
- Financing costs decreased from EUR 9.43 million in HY 2022 to EUR 6.04 million in the first six months of 2023. This decrease was caused mainly by a reduction of interest rates on the bonds from 1 April 2022 from 5.5-7.25% down to 2-2.25%.
MAJOR SUBSEQUENT EVENTS
- On 8th September 2023, the holders of the Company’s bonds with ISIN CH1177844367 and ISIN CH1177348278 and with a total nominal value of EUR 244. 35 million consented to amend certain terms of these bonds:
- Replacement of the current interest rate of 2.00 % p.a. with an interest rate of 4.5% p.a.; and
- A term extension of 5 years of the Bonds until 30 September 2028.
The amendments to the terms of the bonds will become effective on 1st October 2023.
- On 21 September 2023, the Group signed a Termination, Pay-Off and Security Release Agreement with UniCredit Bank Austria AG and a few days later made an early repayment of loans provided to its Austrian subsidiaries in the total amount of approx. EUR 150 million while realizing positive Swap values of approx. EUR 18 million.
- Despite the challenging market environment, EPH is optimistic about the future development of the Company and continues to see potential in the target European markets.
- EPH continues to focus on major European cities and core properties in prime locations, particularly in the office and hotel sec-tors. Demand for modern space in these segments remains strong and these asset classes have proven stable despite the cur-rent market environment challenges.
- The high-quality properties in the EPH portfolio meet high sustainability standards, as evidenced by the relevant certifications. ESG-compliant properties and spaces are playing an increasingly important role for both investors and users.
- EPH will carefully examine market opportunities and continue to position its real estate portfolio for long-term stability in income and value growth. For future acquisitions, the Company is targeting properties with green building certification of at least “Gold” to ensure a high sustainability standard across the portfolio.
The full Semi-Annual Results 2023, including the Interim Condensed Consolidated Financial Information (unaudited) for EPH is availa-ble on the company’s website:
CONFERENCE CALL WITH THE MANAGEMENT
Please join management for a conference call to discuss EPH’s results for the six months to 30 June 2023 on
Tuesday, 3rd October 2023 at 10:00 a.m. (CET)
Dial in: +41 43 216 12 79
Phone Conference ID: 636901334#
A presentation for the call will be posted on the company’s website shortly before the call: https://europeanpropertyholdings.com/
APPOINTMENT OF MANAGEMENT COMMITTEE MEMBERS
Following the recent resignations, the Board of Directors of EPH European Property Holdings PLC has appointed Anna Bernhart and Michalis Constantinides to the Management Committee of the Company effective as per 1st October 2023.
EPH European Property Holdings PLC is an investment company listed on SIX Swiss Exchange. Additional information on EPH
European Property Holdings PLC is available by contacting Anna Bernhart Tel: +41 44 503 5400 or at firstname.lastname@example.org.
AttachmentsTo view this piece of content from www.globenewswire.com, please give your consent at the top of this page.
To view this piece of content from ml-eu.globenewswire.com, please give your consent at the top of this page.
About GlobeNewswire by notified
One Liberty Plaza - 165 Broadway
NY 10006 New York
GlobeNewswire by notified is one of the world's largest newswire distribution networks, specializing in the delivery of corporate press releases financial disclosures and multimedia content to the media, investment community, individual investors and the general public.
Subscribe to releases from GlobeNewswire by notified
Subscribe to all the latest releases from GlobeNewswire by notified by registering your e-mail address below. You can unsubscribe at any time.
Latest releases from GlobeNewswire by notified
Nyxoah Strengthens its Executive Leadership Team28.11.2023 22:30:00 CET | Press release
Nyxoah Strengthens its Executive Leadership Team Francis Kim appointed as Chief Regulatory and Quality Officer Mont-Saint-Guibert, Belgium – November 28, 2023, 10:30pm CET / 4:30pm ET – Nyxoah SA (Euronext Brussels/Nasdaq: NYXH) (“Nyxoah” or the “Company”), a medical technology company focused on the development and commercialization of innovative solutions to treat Obstructive Sleep Apnea (OSA), today announced the appointment of Francis Kim as Chief Regulatory and Quality Officer. Francis will be leading Nyxoah’s Global Regulatory and Quality departments. Francis is a highly experienced global regulatory and quality executive in the healthcare industry, having spent more than 25 years in the medical device and life sciences sector. Francis has led Regulatory and Quality departments at Medtronic, Philips, and other companies, including introducing several innovative products and therapies to the market. “Nyxoah is entering the most exciting time in the Company’s history, with data fro
Alvotech Reports Financial Results for First Nine Months of 2023 and Provides Business Update28.11.2023 22:15:00 CET | Press release
Product revenue for the nine months of 2023 increased to $29.8 million, compared to $11.1 million for the same period in 2022Marketing authorization was received for AVT04 in Canada and Japan, the first for a biosimilar to Stelara® (ustekinumab)The European Medicines Agency proposed market authorization for AVT04 in the 30 member states of the European Economic Area, pending a final decision by the European CommissionApprovability of AVT02 and AVT04 in the U.S. now pending satisfactory US Food and Drug Administration (FDA) inspection of Alvotech’s facility in Iceland, currently expected on January 10 – 19, 2024Management will conduct a business update conference call and live webcast on Thursday November 29, 2023, at 8:00 am ET (13:00 pm GMT) Alvotech (NASDAQ: ALVO, or the “Company”), a global biotech company specializing in the development and manufacture of biosimilar medicines for patients worldwide, today reported unaudited financial results for the first nine months of 2023 and pr
RÄTTELSE: Saknad MAR-etikett i tidigare pressmeddelande – ”Anoto ingår ett avtal för 1,1 miljoner USD avseende försäljning av pennor och treåriga mjukvarulicenser med Deutsche Telekom”28.11.2023 19:15:00 CET | Pressemelding
Anoto Group AB (publ) utfärdar en rättelse av pressmeddelandet som publicerades tidigare idag. Rättelsen avser att pressmeddelandet saknade MAR-etikett med hänvisning till EU:s marknadsmissbruksförordning (MAR). Följande information skulle ha varit med i pressmeddelandet: ”Denna information är sådan information som Anoto Group AB (publ) är skyldigt att offentliggöra enligt EU:s marknadsmissbruksförordning. Informationen lämnades genom ovanstående kontaktpersons försorg för offentliggörande den 28 november 2023, kl. 08:00 CEST.” Nedan publiceras det korrekta pressmeddelandet i sin helhet. Stockholm den 28 november 2023 – Anoto Group AB (publ) ("Anoto" eller "Bolaget") meddelar idag att bolaget har tecknat ett upphandlingsavtal som avser försäljning av nya pennor, samt ett treårigt mjukvarulicensavtal med Deutsche Telekom AG (”Deutsche Telekom”). Deutsche Telekom är en av de äldsta kunderna inom Anotos affärssegment Forms och avtalet innebär att ramverket inom vilket Anoto och Deutsche T
CORRECTION: Missing MAR label in previous press release – “Anoto enters into a USD 1.1 million agreement for the sale of pens and three-year software licenses with Deutsche Telekom”28.11.2023 19:15:00 CET | Press release
Anoto Group AB (publ) issues a correction to the press release published earlier today. The correction refers to the fact that the press release lacked a MAR label with reference to the EU Market Abuse Regulation (MAR). The following information should have been included in the press release: ”This information constitutes inside information as Anoto Group AB (publ) is obliged to disclose under the EU Market Abuse Regulation 596/2014. The information was provided by the contact person above for publication 28 November 2023, at 08:00 CEST.” The correct press release is published in its entirety below. Stockholm, 28 November 2023 – Anoto Group AB (publ) ("Anoto" or the "Company") today announces that it has signed a procurement agreement relating to the sale of new pens, plus a new three-year software licensing agreement with Deutsche Telekom AG (“Deutsche Telekom”). Deutsche Telekom is one of the oldest customers of Anoto’s Forms business and this agreement means that the framework withi
Status for Selskabets tilgodehavende hos Portinho S.A.28.11.2023 18:30:48 CET | pressemeddelelse
28. november 2023 Meddelelse nr. 46 Status for Selskabets tilgodehavende hos Portinho S.A. Selskabets bestyrelse, valgt ind i forbindelse med at Selskabet blev omdannet til en lægemiddelvirksomhed, og direktion har i længere tid, haft en meget tæt dialog med ledelsen i Portinho S.A. om indfrielse af Selskabets tilgodehavende hos Portinho S.A., der stammer fra tiden før Selskabet blev omdannet til en lægemiddelvirksomhed. Selskabets bestyrelse og direktion har sideløbende allokeret betydelige ressourcer til at afdække, hvilke dispositioner der fra den tidligere ledelse oprindeligt førte til etableringen af tilgodehavendet samt rationalet for de efterfølgende dispositioner af den tidligere ledelse, der har indvirket på tilgodehavendets vandring. Dette arbejde pågår forsat med blandt andet bistand fra både dansk og portugisisk juridisk rådgiver. Omfanget og vurderingen af de foreløbige resultater af undersøgelsesarbejdet har ført til, at det ikke længere er Selskabets vurdering, at tilgod