ABC arbitrage: 2023 Interim Results
2023 Interim Result¹: M€8.8
2023 annualized ROE: 11%
The Board of Directors of ABC arbitrage, presided by the Chairman Dominique Ceolin, met on September 14, 2023 to
approve the consolidated financial statements for the first half 2023¹.
|In EUR millions||June 30, 2023 IFRS||June 30, 2022 IFRS||Dec. 31, 2022 IFRS|
|Net Income||€8.8m||€16.2m||€29.2 m|
|Earnings per share (EPS)||0.15€||€0.27||€0.49|
|Return On Equity (ROE)||11.1%||20.2%||18.0%|
- Context - After a 2022 financial year marked by the war in Ukraine and a sharp rise in interest rates and inflation, the first half of 2023 presented, counter intuitively, market parameters significantly below their historical averages. In particular, volatility fell back to the low points of the 2019 financial year, significantly below the volatilities seen over the last 3 financial years. The mergers and acquisitions sector, for its part, has been impacted by the rise in interest rates, leading to doubts about the valuation of these transactions. As a result, market volumes were significantly lower than in previous years.
- Business Performance - The first half of 2023 result is broadly in line with the market parameters for this first half. The group faced a number of unusual obstacles, such as the simultaneous low volatility and relatively low levels of M&A activity. The temporary halt to the Group's activities in digital assets, following the collapse of FTX and the banks in this ecosystem at the beginning of 2023, has also hampered the Group's ability to increase its rhythm of activity, however without putting this objective in question for the coming semesters.
Group AUM as at 01/09/2023 is at the same level as at the beginning of the year. However, the investment funds developed by the group, which are only accessible to professional investors, are demonstrating a positive performance dynamic significantly above risk-free rates and continue to increase their AUM capacity as per the 2025 business plan.
- Dividend Policy - On the proposal of the Board of Directors, and in accordance with its quarterly distribution policy, ABC arbitrage will pay two interim dividends of €0.10 per share each.
- First interim dividend ex-date is October 10, 2023, and dividend will be paid on October 12, 2023.
- Second interim dividend ex-date is December 5, 2023, and dividend will be paid on December 7, 2023.
- Outlook - Volatility continued to decline in the third quarter, with no significant upturn in the M&A sector or in corporate capital transactions. The rhythm of the Group's activity remains consistent with this situation, and is still in line with the 2019 financial year. ABC arbitrage is continuing to implement its Springboard 2025 strategic plan, which was presented last March. This is being achieved by synchronising investments with the rhythm of activity and by developing new strategies and quantitative investment funds for professional clients. The Group's objective therefore remains to significantly increase its profitability in such sluggish conditions as met in 2023. For the coming months, the main leading indicators show that the macroeconomic situation is deteriorating significantly, particularly in Europe, which should restore volatility to at least its historical average, a level that remains favourable to the Group's activities. ABC arbitrage is therefore maintaining the ambitions of its Springboard 2025 plan, ambitions correlated with the opportunities presented by the global financial markets.
(1) At this date, the audit procedures carried out by the statutory auditors are in the process of being finalised.
AttachmentTo view this piece of content from www.globenewswire.com, please give your consent at the top of this page.
To view this piece of content from ml-eu.globenewswire.com, please give your consent at the top of this page.
About GlobeNewswire by notified
One Liberty Plaza - 165 Broadway
NY 10006 New York
GlobeNewswire by notified is one of the world's largest newswire distribution networks, specializing in the delivery of corporate press releases financial disclosures and multimedia content to the media, investment community, individual investors and the general public.
Subscribe to releases from GlobeNewswire by notified
Subscribe to all the latest releases from GlobeNewswire by notified by registering your e-mail address below. You can unsubscribe at any time.
Latest releases from GlobeNewswire by notified
Orkuveita Reykjavíkur – Green Bond Auction Results4.10.2023 22:52:23 CEST | Press release
Today, October 4th, 2023, Reykjavík Energy (Orkuveita Reykjavíkur; OR) concluded a green bond auction in the green bond classes OR020934 GB and OR180255 GB. OR020934 GB bears fixed indexed interest and pays equal payments every six months with a final maturity date of September 2nd, 2034. Previously, bonds have been issued in the category with a nominal value of ISK 18,947 million. The series attracted bids totaling ISK 2,220 million nominal value at yields between 4.16% and 4.30%. OR accepted bids amounting to ISK 2,180 million at a yield of 4,27%. OR180255 GB bears fixed indexed interest and pays equal payments every six months with a final maturity date of February 18th, 2055. Previously, bonds in the category have been issued with a nominal value of ISK 26,201 million. The series attracted bids totaling ISK 1,080 million nominal value at yields between 3.77% and 3.85%. OR accepted bids amounting to ISK 1,080 million at a yield of 3.85%. Fossar Investment Bank oversees the issuance
CNH Industrial: Periodic Report on $300 Million Buyback Program4.10.2023 22:30:00 CEST | Press release
Basildon, October 4, 2023 CNH Industrial N.V. (NYSE: CNHI / MI: CNHI) announces that under the sixth $50 million tranche (the “Sixth Tranche”) of its $300 million share buyback program the Company completed transactions in the period September 18, 2023 to September 22, 2023, reported in aggregate, as set forth in the table below. After the purchases announced today and considering those previously executed under the Sixth Tranche, the total invested amount in the Sixth Tranche is approximately €21,868,112.36 ($23,678,032.88) or a total amount of 1,771,134 common shares purchased. DateNumber of common shares purchasedAverage price per share excluding feesConsideration excluding fees Consideration (*) excluding fees(€)(€)($) September 25, 2023 87,600 11.3821 997,071.96 1,060,186.62 September 26, 2023 69,635 11.3500 790,357.25 838,173.86 157,235 - 1,787,429.211,898,360.48 (*) All translations determined from Euro to US Dollar at the exchange rate reported by the European Central Bank on t
PHAXIAM Receives Compliance Notice from Nasdaq4.10.2023 22:05:00 CEST | Press release
PHAXIAM Receives Compliance Notice from Nasdaq Lyon (France) et Cambridge (MA, US), October 4, 2023, at 10:05 pm CEST – PHAXIAM Therapeutics (Nasdaq & Euronext: PHXM), today announced that it has received confirmation from Nasdaq that it has regained compliance with Listing Rule 5550(a)(2). With closing bid price of PHAXIAM’s American Depositary Shares (“ADSs”) above $1.00 per ADS for the 10 consecutive business days from September 18 through September 29, 2023, PHAXIAM has regained compliance with Listing Rule 5550(a)(2). On October 7, 2022, PHAXIAM, formerly Erytech Pharma, had received notification from The Nasdaq Stock Market LLC indicating that, based upon a closing bid price of less than $1.00 per ADS for the prior 30 consecutive business day period, the Company no longer satisfied Nasdaq’s rule on minimum bid price. On July 27, 2023, PHAXIAM announced a 10-to-1 reverse share split of its shares and ADSs to cure this deficiency, and the reverse share and ADS splits were effected
SCOR announces the acquisition of 9,000,000 of its own shares upon the partial exercise of the call option granted by Covéa in 2021, and the subsequent sale of these shares to BNP Paribas Cardif4.10.2023 21:58:28 CEST | Press release
Press Release 4 October 2023 - N° 19 SCOR announces the acquisition of 9,000,000 of its own shares upon the partial exercise of the call option granted by Covéa in 2021, and the subsequent sale of these shares to BNP Paribas Cardif Under the June 2021 settlement agreement entered into between SCOR and Covéa in the presence of the Autorité de Contrôle Prudentiel et de Résolution, Covéa granted SCOR a binding and irrevocable call option on its full stake in SCOR – representing 8.8% of the share capital1 – at a price of EUR 28 per share. The board of directors of SCOR authorized today the partial exercise of this call option for the purchase of 9,000,000 SCOR shares held by Covéa, representing 5.01% of SCOR’s share capital1. Once delivered by Covéa to SCOR, the shares will be sold to BNP Paribas Cardif through an over-the-counter transaction. These transactions aim to normalise SCOR’s shareholding. * * * Contact details Media Relations Alexandre Garcia firstname.lastname@example.org Investor Relations Yv
Azerion publishes Notice of Extraordinary General Meeting to be held on 16 November 20234.10.2023 21:50:09 CEST | Press release
Amsterdam, 4 October 2023 – Azerion Group N.V. has today published the Notice of Extraordinary General Meeting 2023 (EGM), which will be held on 16 November 2023. The notice, agenda and accompanying explanatory notes have been published on our website www.azerion.com/egm/ The agenda of the EGM comprises the appointment of two Supervisory Board members. Further information regarding the registration and attendance of the EGM, as well as instructions and deadlines on how to vote and submit questions, can be found on our website http://www.azerion.com/egm/ About Azerion Founded in 2014, Azerion (EURONEXT: AZRN) is one of Europe’s largest digital advertising and entertainment media platforms. We bring global scaled audiences to advertisers in an easy and cost-effective way, delivered through our proprietary technology, in a safe, engaging, and high-quality environment, utilizing our strategic portfolio of owned and operated content with entertainment and other digital publishing partners.