Ambassador Labs Simplifies Organizational Adoption of Kubernetes With New Product Releases
New capabilities available in Ambassador Edge Stack and Telepresence optimize performance of developer workflows across Kubernetes
BOSTON, Jan. 18, 2023 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) -- Ambassador Labs, the cloud native developer experience leader, today announced a host of new capabilities available in Ambassador Cloud that make it easier for organizations to adopt Kubernetes and support developer productivity in how they code, test, ship and run workflows across these high scale environments. Ambassador Edge Stack, the company’s flagship API gateway, now contains a number of performance updates, beneficial to all users and especially large scale deployments, and also includes active health checking features that give developers more control of the overall resilience and scalability of services. Telepresence is now fully integrated with Ambassador Cloud Service Catalog, delivering real-time visibility into workflow performance and includes a new “team mode” to ease the developer onboarding process across large organizations.
“We see organizations struggle to manage their Kubernetes environments, particularly developers who not only have taken on more ownership of the full app dev lifecycle, but also collaborate with dev teams across the business to support fast dev cycles,” said Richard Li, Chief Product Officer and co-founder at Ambassador Labs. “We long ago saw the advantage Kubernetes brings to organizations and importantly, the opportunity it provides developers managing apps across these high-scale environments. The capabilities now available in Ambassador Cloud reinforce our commitment to both Kubernetes experts and non-Kubernetes experts, the individual developer and developer teams, and significantly improve efficiencies in managing their entire dev environment.”
Kubernetes continues to be embraced by large enterprises but has room for improved developer experience on its path to maturity. As adoption expands with organizational quests to support continuous development cycles, it’s more important than ever that developers have the necessary tools to manage this pace of adoption, and address workflow configuration risks inadvertently brought on by others within the organization. The newest release of Ambassador Edge Stack and Telepresence addresses these challenges and much more.
Key features and benefits of Ambassador Edge Stack include:
- New Active Health Checks. New support for active health checks - which are configurable based on an organization’s needs - ensure that if an HTTP request to the upstream service does not respond, the service is removed from the load balancing tool until it responds to a subsequent health check. This complements the existing passive health checks of Edge Stack, and provides developers and operations teams with more control when designing and implementing resilient systems.
- New External Filter Metrics. Auto collection of telemetry for filters of type External, which includes responses approved/denied, response codes and configuration and connection errors. Operations team will be able to observe key filter SLIs and automate actions based on these metrics.
- Redis Performance Improvements. A number of improvements to how Redis is called, such as improved caching and the use of async writes, will lead to increased overall performance. Users who now leverage the new Filter Metrics will see better performance and scalability, particularly in high workloads.
Key features and benefits of Telepresence include:
- New Team Mode. To simplify the user experience and available on demand with just a click, a new “team mode” changes the default intercept type from global to personal intercepts. This makes onboarding additional developers easier and allows more than one developer to intercept the same service, fueling easier sharing of work-in-progress via secure preview URLs.
- New Service Catalog integration. Suited for both the individual developer and developer teams, users get a holistic view of all Kubernetes services across all clusters. Disparate developer teams have a single pane of glass view to manage their services across all remote clusters.
- New compatibility for MicroK8s and Minikube. This provides increased support for using additional remote and local Kubernetes implementations, allowing teams to expand the benefits of using Telepresence across additional clusters with no additional configuration required.
- Read our blog announcing the latest features of Ambassador Edge Stack and Telepresence
- Visit the Kubernetes Learning Center
- Learn more about Ambassador’s Kubernetes Development Accelerator Program
- Join the Ambassador Developer Community on Slack
- Join the Ambassador Labs team - see open positions
About Ambassador Labs
Ambassador Labs, the cloud native developer experience leader, enables developers to code, ship, and run applications faster and easier than ever. Maker of top Cloud Native Computing Foundation (CNCF) open source projects, including Emissary-ingress and Telepresence, Ambassador Labs delivers a developer control plane for Kubernetes that integrates the development, deployment, and production infrastructure for developers and organizations worldwide including Microsoft, PTC, NVidia, and Ticketmaster. Ambassador Labs is backed by top investors including Insight Partners and Matrix Partners. Learn more and get started for free at Ambassador Labs.
(339) 788-0067To view this piece of content from www.globenewswire.com, please give your consent at the top of this page.
To view this piece of content from ml.globenewswire.com, please give your consent at the top of this page.
About GlobeNewswire by notified
One Liberty Plaza - 165 Broadway
NY 10006 New York
GlobeNewswire by notified is one of the world's largest newswire distribution networks, specializing in the delivery of corporate press releases financial disclosures and multimedia content to the media, investment community, individual investors and the general public.
Subscribe to releases from GlobeNewswire by notified
Subscribe to all the latest releases from GlobeNewswire by notified by registering your e-mail address below. You can unsubscribe at any time.
Latest releases from GlobeNewswire by notified
Orkuveita Reykjavíkur | Green Bond Auction December 125.12.2023 18:17:17 CET | Press release
Reykjavík Energy (Orkuveita Reykjavíkur; OR) is holding a bond auction on Tuesday, December 12th, 2023. Bonds in the green bond classes OR020934 GB, OR180255 GB and OR161126 GB will be offered for sale. OR161126 GB bears non-indexed interests with an interest payment arrangement and bears 7.0% interest, payable four times a year until the final maturity on November 16, 2026. Previously, bonds with a nominal value of 720 million have been issued in the class. OR020934 GB bears fixed indexed interests and pays equal payments every six months with a final maturity date of September 2, 2034. Previously, bonds with a nominal value of ISK 21,127 million have been issued in the class. OR0180255 GB bears fixed indexed interest and pays equal payments every six months with a final maturity date of February 18, 2055. Previously, bonds with a nominal value of ISK 27,281 million have been issued in the class. Fossar Investment Bank hf. oversees the issuance and sale of the bonds as well as their a
Wereldhave acquires shopping center Polderplein in Hoofddorp, the Netherlands, and enters growth phase of its LifeCentral strategy5.12.2023 17:40:00 CET | Press release
Wereldhave has reached agreement with DELA Vastgoed B.V. (‘DELA’) regarding the acquisition of shopping center Polderplein and its parking garage in Hoofddorp (The Netherlands), with a total gross lettable area of c17,000 m² (excluding parking). The acquisition perfectly fits within Wereldhave’s strategy and acquisition criteria such as location, value creation opportunities and synergies with the recently delivered Full Service Center Vier Meren. Combined, Vier Meren and Polderplein will create one dominant Full Service Center in the best location of the city, with 49,100 m2 lettable area and 105 shops, with Wereldhave as sole owner. The total purchase price amounts to € 74m (€ 82m including transaction costs), reflecting a net initial yield of 7.6%. As the transaction is 70% equity financed, the loan-to-value will improve by c30bps. Matthijs Storm, CEO of Wereldhave commented: “This acquisition marks the start of the growth phase of Wereldhave’s LifeCentral strategy and completes a b
Kvika banki hf.: Result of subordinated bond offering5.12.2023 17:39:25 CET | Press release
Kvika has today concluded an offering of Tier-2 subordinated bonds in a new series, KVIKA 34 1211 T2i. Total demand amounted to ISK 4,820 million. The subordinated bonds were sold at par for an amount of ISK 2,000 million, where total issuance in the series is limited to ISK 4,000 million. The subordinated bonds are index linked and have an annual coupon of 6.25%. The maturity of the bonds is 11 December 2034 and are callable by the issuer at the interest payment date of 11 December 2029 and on every subsequent interest payment date. The subordinated bonds will be issued under Kvika’s EMTN programme and listed on Nasdaq Iceland. For further information please contact Kvika‘s investor relations at email@example.com
Zoom named a Leader in the 2023 Gartner® Magic Quadrant™ for UCaaS, Worldwide5.12.2023 17:31:56 CET | Press release
Zoom Celebrates its Fourth Consecutive Time in the Leaders Quadrant SAN JOSE, Calif., Dec. 05, 2023 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) -- Zoom Video Communications, Inc. (NASDAQ: ZM), today announced that analyst firm Gartner has named Zoom a Leader in the 2023 Gartner® Magic Quadrant™ for Unified Communications as a Service (UCaaS), Worldwide for the fourth time in a row. The UCaaS report evaluated 11 companies in the unified communications space, and Zoom has been recognized as a Leader in this space for its UCaaS offerings. Zoom includes enterprise-grade solutions like Zoom Team Chat, Zoom Phone, Zoom Meetings, Zoom Contact Center, and Zoom AI Companion. “We are excited to be named a Leader in the Gartner Magic Quadrant for UCaaS for the fourth consecutive year which we feel is a result of our ongoing commitment to offer an exceptional UCaaS experience," said Graeme Geddes, Chief Growth Officer at Zoom. “As we continue to innovate and evolve our platform, we remain true to solving real customer probl
Innofactor Plc: Share Repurchase 5.12.20235.12.2023 17:30:00 CET | Press release
Innofactor Plc Announcement 5.12.2023Innofactor Plc: Share Repurchase 5.12.2023In the Helsinki Stock ExchangeTrade date 5.12.2023Bourse trade BuyShare IFA1VAmount 4,600SharesAverage price/ share 1.1465EURTotal cost 5,273.90EURInnofactor Plc now holds a total of 571 129 sharesincluding the shares repurchased on 5.12.2023On behalf of Innofactor PlcNordea Bank OyjJanne Sarvikivi Sami HuttunenAdditional information:Sami Ensio, CEOInnofactor PlcTel. +358 50 584 firstname.lastname@example.org Attachment Innofactor_5.12_trades