Curium Announces New Indication for Ioflupane I 123 Injection in the U.S.
ST. LOUIS, Nov. 22, 2022 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) -- Curium, the world’s leading nuclear medicine company, announced today that it intends to submit updated labeling to the U.S. Food and Drug Administration (FDA) for its generic version of DaTscan™ (Ioflupane I 123 Injection) to include a new indication and updated safety information. The additional indication will be to assist in the evaluation of adult patients for striatal dopamine transporter visualization using single photon emission computed tomography (SPECT) brain imaging with suspected dementia with Lewy bodies (DLB). Curium intends to match the labeling recently approved by the FDA for GE Healthcare’s DaTscan on November 3, 2022 as generic drugs are required to have the same labeling as the reference listed drug (DaTscan). Curium will update Ioflupane I 123 Injection important risk information to include the new safety information at the time of labeling implementation. Ioflupane I 123 Injection is a SPECT brain imaging agent used to assist in the evaluation of adult patients with suspected Parkinsonian syndromes.
Approximately one in five patients with dementia suffers from DLB, making it the second most common form of degenerative dementia after Alzheimer’s Disease1. The clinical signs and symptoms of DLB can be atypical and overlap with other forms of dementia, leading to up to 70% of patients with DLB being misdiagnosed, often as having Alzheimer’s Disease2. The expected new indication enables clinicians to use Ioflupane I 123 Injection to help differentiate DLB from other forms of dementia. Early and accurate diagnosis of DLB can help ensure specific appropriate treatment and specialized care for patients, while enabling them and their caregivers to more effectively manage the disease and plan for the future3.
Ed Porter, North American Vice President of Regulatory and Medical at Curium commented: "Ioflupane I 123 Injection continues to be an important tool when evaluating the complex set of diseases considered Parkinsonian syndromes. Curium has years of experience in this disease state as our Ioflupane I 123 Injection product in Europe launched with this indication. We intend to leverage that experience in the US to continue our efforts on making an everyday impact on patients and their families.”
DaTscan™ is a registered trademark of GE Healthcare Limited.
1 Barker, Warren W et al. “Relative frequencies of Alzheimer disease, Lewy body, vascular and frontotemporal dementia, and hippocampal sclerosis in the State of Florida Brain Bank.” Alzheimer disease and associated disorders vol. 16,4 (2002): 203-12. doi:10.1097/00002093-200210000-00001
2 Warr et al. Q J Nucl Med Mol Imaging; 2012; 56: 39-54
3 Zweig and Galvin Alzheimer’s Research & Therapy 2014, 6.21; https://alzres.biomedcentral.com/articles/10.1186/alzrt251
About Ioflupane I 123 Injection
INDICATIONS AND USAGE
Ioflupane I 123 Injection is a radiopharmaceutical indicated for striatal dopamine transporter visualization using single photon emission computed tomography (SPECT) brain imaging to assist in the evaluation of adult patients with suspected Parkinsonian syndromes (PS). In these patients, Ioflupane I 123 Injection may be used to help differentiate essential tremor from tremor due to PS (idiopathic Parkinson's disease, multiple system atrophy and progressive supranuclear palsy). Ioflupane I 123 Injection is an adjunct to other diagnostic evaluations.
Ioflupane I 123 Injection was not designed to distinguish among PD, MSA, and PSP. The effectiveness of Ioflupane I 123 Injection as a screening or confirmatory test and for monitoring disease progression or response to therapy has not been established.
- Ioflupane I 123 Injection is contraindicated in patients with known hypersensitivity to the active substance, any of the excipients, or iodine
- Hypersensitivity Reactions: Hypersensitivity reactions, generally consisting of skin erythema and pruritus, have been reported following Ioflupane I 123 Injection administration
- Thyroid Accumulation: The Ioflupane I 123 Injection may contain up to 6% of free iodide (iodine 123 or I-123). To decrease thyroid accumulation of I-123, block the thyroid gland at least one hour before administration of Ioflupane I 123 Injection; failure to do so may increase the long-term risk for thyroid neoplasia
- In clinical trials, headache, nausea, vertigo, dry mouth, or dizziness of mild to moderate severity were reported. In postmarketing experience, hypersensitivity reactions and injection-site pain have been reported
- Drugs that bind to the dopamine transporter with high affinity may interfere with the Ioflupane I 123 Injection image. The impact of dopamine agonists and antagonists on Ioflupane I 123 Injection imaging results has not been established
- Pregnancy: Radioactive iodine products cross the placenta and can permanently impair fetal thyroid function. Administration of a thyroid blocking agent is recommended before the use of Ioflupane I 123 Injection in a pregnant woman. All radiopharmaceuticals have potential to cause fetal harm. There are no available data on Ioflupane I 123 Injection use in pregnant women to evaluate for a drug-associated risk of major birth defects, miscarriage or adverse maternal or fetal outcomes. Advise pregnant women of the potential risks of fetal exposure to radiation with the administration of Ioflupane I 123 Injection
- Lactation: Iodine 123 (I 123), the radionuclide in Ioflupane I 123 Injection, is present in human milk. There is no information on the effects on breastfed infants or on milk. Advise a lactating woman to interrupt breastfeeding and pump and discard breast milk for at least 6 days after Ioflupane I 123 Injection administration to minimize radiation exposure to a breastfeeding infant
- PediatricUse: The safety and efficacy of Ioflupane I 123 Injection have not been established in pediatric patients
- GeriatricUse: There were no differences in responses between elderly patients and younger patients that would require a dose adjustment
- Renal and Hepatic Impairment: The effect of renal or hepatic impairment on Ioflupane I 123 Injection imaging has not been established. The kidney excretes Ioflupane I 123 Injection; patients with severe renal impairment may have increased radiation exposure and altered Ioflupane I 123 Injection images
- It is unknown whether or not ioflupane is dialyzable. The major risks of overdosage relate to increased radiation exposure and long-term risk for neoplasia. In case of radioactivity overdosage, frequent urination and defecation should be encouraged to minimize radiation exposure to the patient
- Ioflupane I 123 Injection emits radiation and must be handled with safety measures to minimize radiation exposure to clinical personnel and patients
Please see full Prescribing Information by clicking here or visit https://www.curiumpharma.com/Ioflupane-PI.pdf
Curium is the world’s largest nuclear medicine company. We develop, manufacture and distribute world-class radiopharmaceutical products to help patients around the globe. Our proven heritage combined with a pioneering approach are the hallmarks to deliver innovation, excellence and unparalleled service.
With manufacturing facilities across Europe and the United States, Curium delivers SPECT, PET and therapeutic radiopharmaceutical solutions for life-threatening diseases to over 14 million patients annually. The name ‘Curium’ honors the legacy of pioneering radioactive materials researchers Marie and Pierre Curie, after whom the radioactive element curium was named and emphasizes our focus on nuclear medicine. To learn more, visit curiumpharma.com.
VP, Head of Global Communication
To view this piece of content from www.globenewswire.com, please give your consent at the top of this page.
To view this piece of content from ml.globenewswire.com, please give your consent at the top of this page.
About GlobeNewswire by notified
One Liberty Plaza - 165 Broadway
NY 10006 New York
GlobeNewswire by notified is one of the world's largest newswire distribution networks, specializing in the delivery of corporate press releases financial disclosures and multimedia content to the media, investment community, individual investors and the general public.
Subscribe to releases from GlobeNewswire by notified
Subscribe to all the latest releases from GlobeNewswire by notified by registering your e-mail address below. You can unsubscribe at any time.
Latest releases from GlobeNewswire by notified
Terra Balcanica Announces Private Placement Financing1.12.2023 23:00:00 CET | Press release
NOT FOR DISTRIBUTION TO UNITED STATES NEWS WIRE SERVICES OR FOR DISSEMINATION IN THE UNITED STATES VANCOUVER, British Columbia, Dec. 01, 2023 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) -- Terra Balcanica Resources Corp. (“Terra” or the “Company”) (CSE:TERA) announces the intent to complete a non-brokered, private placement (“Private Placement”) for gross proceeds of up to $150,000 through the issuance of up to 3,750,000 common shares (“Common Shares”) at a purchase price of $0.04 per share. The Common Shares will be offered by way of prospectus exemptions in Canada and the Common Shares sold in the Private Placement will be subject to a hold period of four months plus one day. The Closing Date is expected to occur on or about December 11th, 2023, subject to regulatory approvals, including the approval by the CSE and certain other customary conditions including, but not limited to, execution of subscription agreements between the Company and the subscribers. The Private Placement will be utilized for opportuniti
Oxurion Receives Transparency Notifications from Atlas Special Opportunities LLC1.12.2023 19:00:00 CET | Press release
Regulated Information Leuven, BELGIUM, Boston, MA, US – December 1, 2023 – 7.00 PM CET Oxurion NV (Euronext Brussels: OXUR), a biopharmaceutical company developing next generation standard of care ophthalmic therapies, with clinical stage assets in vascular retinal disorders, today announced that, pursuant to Belgian Transparency legislation1 it has received transparency notifications as follows: Oxurion received a first transparency notification on November 22, 2023, from Atlas Special Opportunities, LLC indicating that as of November 13, 2023, it held 0 shares of the then outstanding 3,112,043,514 shares, and therefore crossed below the threshold (3%) by virtue of the sale of voting securities. See Annex 1. Oxurion received a second transparency notification on November 29, 2023, from Atlas Special Opportunities, LLC indicating that as of November 17, 2023, it held 241,545,893 shares of the then outstanding 3,489,458,972 shares, and therefore crossed above the threshold (5%) by virtu
Havila Kystruten AS: Regnskap for tredje kvartal 20231.12.2023 18:34:33 CET | Pressemelding
September var første måned med full drift av alle fire skip. Til tross for forsinkelse av Havila Polaris og Havila Pollux i Q3, ble gjennomsnittlig belegg 70 % og gjennomsnittlig lugarrate kr 4 466. Inntektene er naturligvis preget av forsinkelsene og lavere enn forventet, men selskapet ser en positiv inntektsutvikling fra 2. kvartal og videre ut året. I forbindelse med refinansiering er driftskostnadene påvirket av ekstraordinære kostnader knyttet til juridiske og finansielle rådgivere. Regnskap og balanse påvirkes av valutasvingningene, og selskapet sikrer sine valutaforpliktelser med salg i valuta. Selskapet legger til grunn en normalisert drift av fire skip fremover, uten ekstraordinære kostnader. Selskapet har ambisjoner om et gjennomsnittlig belegg på 80 % for 2024, hvorav 45 % av all kapasitet allerede er solgt. Interessen for Havila Kystruten øker stadig i både inn- og utland, og positive tilbakemeldinger om produkt og konsept mottas på daglig basis. Resultat for 3. kvartal 202
Havila Kystruten : Third quarter 2023 accounts1.12.2023 18:34:33 CET | Press release
September marked the first month of full operation for all four ships. Despite the delays with Havila Polaris and Havila Pollux in Q3, the average occupancy rate reached 70%, with an average cabin rate of NOK 4,466. Revenues are naturally affected by the delays and lower than expected, but the company sees a positive revenue trend from the 2nd quarter and onward throughout the year. In connection with refinancing, operating costs were affected by extraordinary expenses related to legal and financial advisors. Currency fluctuations have had an impact on the financial statements and balance sheet, and the company is hedging its currency commitments through currency sales. The company assumes normalized operation of four ships going forward, without extraordinary costs. The company aims for an average occupancy rate of 80% for 2024, with 45% of all capacity already sold. Interest in Havila Kystruten is continually growing both domestically and internationally, with positive feedback on th
Resultat af aktietilbagekøb1.12.2023 17:41:01 CET | pressemeddelelse
Selskabet meddelte i selskabsmeddelelse 30/2023, at man havde besluttet at iværksætte et aktietilbagekøb på køb af optil 1.000.000 aktier til kurs 2.50 svarende til maksimalt DKK 2.5 mio. i perioden 22. november – 1. december 2023, begge dage inklusive. I hele perioden har der været indlagt en synlig stående budordrer i kurs 2.50, så markedet løbende har kunne følge tilbagekøbets udvikling, og som det også fremgik af selskabsmeddelelse 30/2023, så stod alle insidere tilbage for selskabets aktionærer, så insidere som ønskede at sælge aktier kun kunne tilbagesælge aktier den sidste dag, dvs. fra og med fredag d. 1. december 2023 kl. 09.00. Resultatet af insidernes evt. frasalg vil fremgå af en separat meddelelse. Resultatet af aktietilbagekøbsprogrammet blev at selskabet har tilbagekøbt 19.687 aktier til kurs 2.50 svarende til DKK 49.217,50. Selskabet ejer pr. dags dato totalt 4.854.063 egne aktier svarende til 9,06 % af selskabets aktiekapital. Det samlede antal aktier i virksomheden er